But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut......... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut.........

I've been a stalwart Ajayi supporter since the beginning. He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch, which is a huge compliment.

Gase won me over early with how he handled situations like backing Tannehill with the Grimes thing, face-to-face telling Omar to stop trolling or he's getting shut out of info, benching very talented young players who need more Came Wake-like focus on their jobs. Benching players who do not perform or give their best effort, even if it means the team is worse for a game or two just to prove a point. Not backing down to the media. Not giving away our strategies, like insisting we would play press corners when he knew full well we wouldn't be playing press. Not revealing anything in the injury reports.

Now let's keep it up.

I never said Ajayi should be cut but I never believed in him. Didn't think he was very good. He's running better than I ever saw in college...way better. He's certainly making me believe...still has some things to work on like pass blocking and route running/receiving but those are the same things Miller had to work on when he came out of college.

As for Gase I was indifferent but anyone that says they always believed in Gase is full of crap. This team looked like Cam Cameron was coaching it the first 5 weeks of the season. They didn't look like they belonged in the NFL at all. Anyone who denies that is either a huge aqua or not watching the games. Last week against the Steelers was the first time they looked like a competent team all year. Now they've done it two weeks in a row. They were unwatchable...now they're entertaining. They haven't turned the corner yet. Need to get above .500 but I like the progress...and I totally supported Gase when he sat players and cut scrubs that had no business playing in the NFL.

I have always believed in Gase. I didn't let the dramatic posters sway what my intuition was telling me about him. There are many on here that have the same good feelings about him! After hearing him speak you can tell that he gets it. Many of us felt this so it was not difficult ignoring the dramatic posters like **** bag, driving his own agenda and calling for his head after 4 weeks. :lol:

I never said Ajayi should be cut but I never believed in him. Didn't think he was very good. He's running better than I ever saw in college...way better. He's certainly making me believe...still has some things to work on like pass blocking and route running/receiving but those are the same things Miller had to work on when he came out of college.

As for Gase I was indifferent but anyone that says they always believed in Gase is full of crap. This team looked like Cam Cameron was coaching it the first 5 weeks of the season. They didn't look like they belonged in the NFL at all. Anyone who denies that is either a huge homer or not watching the games. Last week against the Steelers was the first time they looked like a competent team all year. Now they've done it two weeks in a row. They were unwatchable...now they're entertaining. They haven't turned the corner yet. Need to get above .500 but I like the progress...and I totally supported Gase when he sat players and cut scrubs that had no business playing in the NFL.

Even with how awful we looked, I've always been a supporter of Gase. I was more concerned by how the offense was looking. But I've also been very vocal I think Gase did wrong in rotating the RBs so frequently.

I did not want Gase fired but was skeptical of Ajayi.

The phins IMO need a better RB core. McCaffrey is the middle of round 1 would be ideal.

That said, the thing that surprises me is how good the OL is at run blocking w/ 4 tackles

Now imagine them both on the same team with how the line is playing (better than Houston) and Miller being used correctly (instead of in a power running scheme like in Houston). And all for some cash that we didn't even use. Oh what could have been if Gase had his way...

Would be a bit of a "waste of resources", IMO. Paying a RB $6M to split carries. Meanwhile, we can use the money saved this year towards next years cap. We will need it. We have a lot of players on one year deals in addition to the other FA's. Also need to extend Jones and Landry.

I did not want Gase fired but was skeptical of Ajayi.

The phins IMO need a better RB core. McCaffrey is the middle of round 1 would be ideal.

That said, the thing that surprises me is how good the OL is at run blocking w/ 4 tackles
I think Ajayi, Williams and Drake works going forward provided Drake gets up to speed. The lack of playing time is a little worrisome. It's not a lack of talent on Drake's part but clearly an inability to get a grasp of the offense. I'm hoping it was because he missed so much time in training camp and OTAs with injuries (He should have had the playbook memorized during all that time).

If Drake gets up to speed then we can have a fast scat back that can get outside while Ajayi continues to pound inside. Playing in the heat and humidity in Miami, getting pounded by the O-line and Ajayi...there's big runs to be had in the passing game and running game for a fast back like Drake. He's got to do his part.

Williams is a good 3rd down/take a breather/special teams player. He really should be the #2 RB right now.

1st round needs to be on a DE or LB. Got to fix this front 7.

I never wanted Gase gone....but definitely did not think J-Train was a feature back (didn't want him cut), thought he was a back up at best. He always ran hard but just seemed to run into whatever he ran in to. He is now showing patience he did not before and of course just like Tanne, enjoying our starting o-line being on the field minus Thomas and Turner!

I think Ajayi, Williams and Drake works going forward provided Drake gets up to speed. The lack of playing time is a little worrisome. It's not a lack of talent on Drake's part but clearly an inability to get a grasp of the offense. I'm hoping it was because he missed so much time in training camp and OTAs with injuries (He should have had the playbook memorized during all that time).

If Drake gets up to speed then we can have a fast scat back that can get outside while Ajayi continues to pound inside. Playing in the heat and humidity in Miami, getting pounded by the O-line and Ajayi...there's big runs to be had in the passing game and running game for a fast back like Drake. He's got to do his part.

Williams is a good 3rd down/take a breather/special teams player. He really should be the #2 RB right now.

1st round needs to be on a DE or LB. Got to fix this front 7.

Pretty much agree. DE and LB should be top priorities and don't let Williams return anything. He makes too many bad decisions back there

Ozzy rules!!

Congrats on the win, Ajayi was incredible again. I wish he'd get back in gase's doghouse :D

Right about what, that Gase should have been fired after 4 games?....that Ajayi should have been cut? Look, I'm not trying to act like I know more than anyone else And I said I get upset at players and coaches just like anyone else. My one and only point I was trying to make was that people are silly to want people cut or fired based on a couple of games. We have people that wanted Pead as the starter cause he had a couple of nice play on a pre season game playing 3rd stringers.

Ozzy rules

Im with you, but it is no different than thinking it's all great after a couple of wins.

Back
Top Bottom