But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut.........

I dislike the way Ajayi runs but he's playing at an absolutely other level. I hope he can keep it up because that would mean one less piece we have to find in the off season.

I will admit I said things about Gase, but not about Ajayi. I had no confidence in Gase and have been calling for a complete house cleaning. To do that, you need to give your new G.M. the right to pick his own coach. He did not need to be saddled with Gase if he didn't want him.

Ajayi was very disappointing in the Preseason and the beginning of the season. When things didn't go his way he pouted and the coaches were upset with him. So attacking the fans for this is silly. In hindsight it's silly but at the time he wasn't playing well.

And the majority of people didn't want Gase fired immediately. I would only agree with firing him if the team only won 1 or 2 games.

I think the point was there was a segment of Finheaven not displaying much patience in a new head coach....despite historical cases of great coaches(including Belichek, Walsh, JJ & Noll who had horrible first seasons.

You simply have to give a coach a chance to do his job before you write him off....thats all.

One more thing, Mike Pouncey is pretty ****ing good. Can we put to bed that any other center who comes in can easily replace him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he is. I was ROFL at some of the silly Steen is better posts.

Everyone of those coaches you listed with the exception of Chuck Noll had previous head coaching experience. Noll had 7 years as a coordinator to Gase's 3. I never liked the Gase hire. I don't feel he has enough experience to be a head coach. It's gonna take more than 2 games to show me I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, but I still think we will be looking for a new HC in 4 years.

This is the roller coaster of being a fin fan. Today Ajaya is the greatest running back to ever put on a jersey. Tomorrow, he's our goat. The team as a whole is playing better, and that is what it takes to win. I will say I thought we ran too much yesterday, but that pass to Still was a ballsy call, and it all worked out. It looks like Gase is the greatest at least for now.

Not only did many posters want them cut but MOST of you guys didn't give the Phins a chance in hell against the Bills. I was attacked last week for calling several of those posters out for their love for the Bills over the Phins and the Bills' stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't one of the people who wanted him cut but the fact is, he finally figured it out. I always stated that I like that he ran hard but the knock on him was lack of vision. This has improved by leaps and bounds....and he is now getting blocking.

Running toll:

Lamar Miller: 520 yards, 1 TD (6th in yards.
Jay Ajayi: 535 yards, 5 TD

Miller plays tonight but Ajayi did not play the first week so they are both through 6 games.

I wasn't one of the people who wanted him cut but the fact is, he finally figured it out. I always stated that I like that he ran hard but the knock on him was lack of vision. This has improved by leaps and bounds....and he is now getting blocking.

Running toll:

Lamar Miller: 520 yards, 1 TD (6th in yards.
Jay Ajayi: 535 yards, 5 TD

Miller plays tonight but Ajayi did not play the first week so they are both through 6 games.

Now imagine them both on the same team with how the line is playing (better than Houston) and Miller being used correctly (instead of in a power running scheme like in Houston). And all for some cash that we didn't even use. Oh what could have been if Gase had his way...

Heathens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they are acting like a bunch of animals w these 15 yarders. It was like they were trying to lose because they were too busy acting like street thugs. It was disgusting.

Some people here wanted Ajayi cut in pre-season cause he had a fumble. More wanted him cut cause he was mad they didn't named him the starter. Maybe he had a legit reason for being upset? Move forward and we had people telling us Gase is in over his head and needs to be let go. We all get upset when the team plays bad, myself included but to want Gase gone after 4 games? And Ajayi needed to be cut? For what? To see Foster out there? I think we all need to chill and watch a whole game before calling for people to be gone or watch and see what happens after the season is over. No I don't believe we're great yet. We still have holes on this team but stop giving up on players/coaches so fast. Sometimes the best moves are the moves you don't make.

Ozzy rules!!

Never did I want Ajayi cut, but I have said he needed to improve ball security. He has done that.
As for Gase, I have complained he and VJ didn't seem to have good gameplans (they didn't) and poor use of personnel (no roll outs for Tannehill and playing Maxwell off). But I also said he needed time since he was a virgin HC. Not the same as wanting him fired. Next up is getting the team to play to talent level and not down to opponent. NOTE: Eventually Miami will have a game with a pedestrian run game. How will Gase respond? TEs were invisible yesterday.

Careful with call outs and particularly with searching past posts, unless your slate is clean. I'm betting it's not.

As for Ajayi, he was playing like ****, of course he was being criticized, and rightfully so. There were two ways for him to handle it: sulk and complain or put in the work to get better. Fortunately, he did the latter. That's actually pretty rare in today's league.

I wasn't calling anyone out. Somebody said that he hadn't seen anyone post about wanting him cut so my reply was that I had seen plenty of people posting that and so I wasn't just making it up. I was being sarcastic about the title but my intention was not really to call people out but rather, tell them to chill and think about this before they say they want some players gone after 2 games.

Ozzy rules

Back
Top Bottom