But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut.........

These call out threads are lame....... no one on here is more right than anyone else.

I know people here like to **** on him for the "FREE HERNANDEZ" Hats, and rightly so. But the guy is a ProBowl Center for a reason.

But the offensive line always looks better when he doesn't play. Except for today against the Bills. Or last week against the Steelers. Or last year against the Titans. Or last year against the Texans. And so on and so on.

Ajayi was very disappointing in the Preseason and the beginning of the season. When things didn't go his way he pouted and the coaches were upset with him. So attacking the fans for this is silly. In hindsight it's silly but at the time he wasn't playing well.

And the majority of people didn't want Gase fired immediately. I would only agree with firing him if the team only won 1 or 2 games.

Just out of curiosity, if those people were right, would you have started a thread for them?

Listen, I've been very vocal about my lack of belief in Gase and that I think he's in over his head. That said, I never trashed Ajai just because he fumbled in the preseason or whatever. Yes he had to remove his head from his rectum but I never called for him being cut. Gase I've called for his head because when you go 4 games in the NFL and tally a total of like 9 first downs you are out of your depth. I was convinced this coach was going to be a stubborn jackass making us try to be a pass happy team. But alas, he's impressed me the last two weeks in that he's gone all smash-mouth and what do you know? We beat two very physical, possibly playoff teams. That is progress and shows an ability to adapt to his team's talents. A big positive. Now let's see if he can clean up the personal fouls, the Jarvis Landry acting like an asshole every week w taunting, the defense giving a fresh set of downs w awesomely timed personal fouls, hands to the face and roughings. Don Shula always had the least or close to the least penalized teams every year. So does BB. There is a correlation between winning and not acting like a bunch of selfish ********s w these idiotic penalties. Had we lost today I would still be calling for Gase's head. He needs to get control of these heathens.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

you are correct. There was a lot of noise about cutting him or that he offered nothing.

Heathens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, if those people were right, would you have started a thread for them?

Right about what, that Gase should have been fired after 4 games?....that Ajayi should have been cut? Look, I'm not trying to act like I know more than anyone else And I said I get upset at players and coaches just like anyone else. My one and only point I was trying to make was that people are silly to want people cut or fired based on a couple of games. We have people that wanted Pead as the starter cause he had a couple of nice play on a pre season game playing 3rd stringers.

Ozzy rules

Gase has been laying the groundwork down for this team and it's starting to show dividends. He's holding players accountable for their play and how hard they try and the team is responding.

Our past teams would of quit down 17-6.

When he cut 3 lineman in a day, he sent a message for sure.

Gase has been laying the groundwork down for this team and it's starting to show dividends. He's holding players accountable for their play and how hard they try and the team is responding.

Our past teams would of quit down 17-6.

When he cut 3 lineman in a day, he sent a message for sure.

Funny you mention that we were down 17-6.....I honestly had forgotten about that. Been awhile since we came back like that to win

Ozzy rules!!

I called for him to be cut and his play, effort and attitude warranted it. He played soft, was fumbling too much, dropping passes, poor vision and pouted when the starting job wasn't just handed to him. He's lucky gase put him in his place.

Listen, I've been very vocal about my lack of belief in Gase and that I think he's in over his head.

Gase I've called for his head because when you go 4 games in the NFL and tally a total of like 9 first downs you are out of your depth. I was convinced this coach was going to be a stubborn jackass making us try to be a pass happy team. But alas, he's impressed me the last two weeks in that he's gone all smash-mouth and what do you know? We beat two very physical, possibly playoff teams.

As soon as I read that Gase prefers a dink-and-dunk short pass based offense, I immediately saw him as being Philbin/Lazor Part II and wanted him gone. While I'm not really a fan of Tannehill, I thought that he could be adequate if only they would give him an effective o-line and a strong running game. Philbin couldn't/wouldn't do this, and Gase started the season using most of Philbin's o-linemen and a dink-and-dunk mentality. Seeing the team using a physical style of offense with an increased emphasis on the running game the past two weeks is a real surprise. I hope they continue this... at least until Albert and/or Pouncey get hurt again.

I'll eat a cup of crow. Never really clamored to cut him especially after Miller left but I'd be living in the street by now because I would've bet the farm that never in a million seasons would Ajayi run the way he is running.

And I'm not talking about the production, the yards. I'm talking about the way he is hitting holes like a discharged bullet. Yards or not, it's damn impressive. He's fearless all of the sudden.

Never in a million seasons.

Waiter... make it a bowl.

I don't know how to search for older posts but plenty of post zaying "Ajayi needs to be cut" earlier this year. I'm not making it up

Ozzy rules

Careful with call outs and particularly with searching past posts, unless your slate is clean. I'm betting it's not.

As for Ajayi, he was playing like ****, of course he was being criticized, and rightfully so. There were two ways for him to handle it: sulk and complain or put in the work to get better. Fortunately, he did the latter. That's actually pretty rare in today's league.

Plenty may have doubted him, with good reason, but I doubt anybody wanted him cut.

Back
Top Bottom