Buyer Beware....1st round QB's. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buyer Beware....1st round QB's.

Saban4prez said:
And alex smith looks great. lets get him.

I was just looking through some of your old posts, and wanted to know what changed your mind on Smith or on picking a QB at all???

this thread was pointless and unoriginal because its pretty obvious that we'd go WR in the Draft if our RB problem was answered already.

Thats what you posted less then 2 weeks ago........ Now your on the Alex Smith band wagon, just curious was it just what everyone said about his workout?

MDFINFAN said:
Noooooooooooooooo..I don't want to be in the same situation SD is in...AJ's fine..you guys jump on any bandwagon that comes alone..I'm glad Bret Farve didn't play for us last year in his 2nd year of NFL..you'd want to replace him too. You don't have the patience of a mold hill. Give AJ a year to prove himself..please for once, see the potential..
Would it be so bad to be in SD's position really? Lets see They are a good young ream that finished near the top of the AFC and will only get better with two great QBs compared to us who has hovered around medeocracy for years with no good QB's on our roster. Yes, AJ may end up being an ok QB, but this potential some people think he has really isn't there. He has potential to be good, but not great. Smith and Rogers both have the potential to be great.

sports24/7 said:
Would it be so bad to be in SD's position really? Lets see They are a good young ream that finished near the top of the AFC and will only get better with two great QBs compared to us who has hovered around medeocracy for years with no good QB's on our roster. Yes, AJ may end up being an ok QB, but this potential some people think he has really isn't there. He has potential to be good, but not great. Smith and Rogers both have the potential to be great.

Yes it would, that's tied up Cap for a player who's not on the field and keeping us from getting the low end players who really pushes this team over.. Why is it that AJ may end up being only a okay QB and Smith and Rogers are going to be great players and haven't played a down in the NFL..They have no more potential than AJ..if he's given a chance in a good O. no hot reads, no oline, still threw bullets when he had the chance..yep, I'm on AJ's bandwagon..someone who's showed he can play in the NFL...just with Jr's who had scripted private workout without the rush than AJ faced.

I suspect Saban will take the best player in his opinion that is available to him if we cannot trade down. Regardless of what the position is...

29...or 22/23??

MDFINFAN said:
Yes it would, that's tied up Cap for a player who's not on the field and keeping us from getting the low end players who really pushes this team over.. Why is it that AJ may end up being only a okay QB and Smith and Rogers are going to be great players and haven't played a down in the NFL..They have no more potential than AJ..if he's given a chance in a good O. no hot reads, no oline, still threw bullets when he had the chance..yep, I'm on AJ's bandwagon..someone who's showed he can play in the NFL...just with Jr's who had scripted private workout without the rush than AJ faced.
I don't understand why people are so blind about the potential/lack thereof with AJ. In the position that we are in now we have a chance to get a gut who "potentially" be a great player for over ten years. I quote potential because there is no sure thing in the draft but the reason I believe that he can be great versus Aj being just good is the age and the structure of AJ's contract. AJ did not get the playing time that both Rogers and Smith have had. I agree that we should draft a QB with our 2nd pick. When will be in this position again? People might say that we will pick high again next year when Linhert (sp?) will be there but I doubt we are as bad as Tennesee and you know they will pick a QB next year if they don't pick one up now. I just can't understand why people would rather pass on a potential franchise QB just because we gave up a 2nd round pick for him last year. Yes, he showed flashes of very good things but again he is/will be 29. How many years will be give us at a high level (assuming of course he even gets there)?

MDFINFAN said:
Noooooooooooooooo..I don't want to be in the same situation SD is in...AJ's fine..you guys jump on any bandwagon that comes alone..I'm glad Bret Farve didn't play for us last year in his 2nd year of NFL..you'd want to replace him too. You don't have the patience of a mold hill. Give AJ a year to prove himself..please for once, see the potential..

Exactly, anybody we have here who is inexperienced will get torn about by the fans! Give it time, Seriously if Farve were here his second year he would be boooo'd out of town b/c he wasn't good enough. Any young or inexperinced QB needs time and patience with, Fielder just got too much time and I feel that is why everyone is giving up on Feeley. We draft Rodgers or Smith and you guys will say he is a bust b/c he won't play well his first year. Things will be fine!

stroker351w408c said:
I don't understand why people are so blind about the potential/lack thereof with AJ. In the position that we are in now we have a chance to get a gut who "potentially" be a great player for over ten years. I quote potential because there is no sure thing in the draft but the reason I believe that he can be great versus Aj being just good is the age and the structure of AJ's contract. AJ did not get the playing time that both Rogers and Smith have had. I agree that we should draft a QB with our 2nd pick. When will be in this position again? People might say that we will pick high again next year when Linhert (sp?) will be there but I doubt we are as bad as Tennesee and you know they will pick a QB next year if they don't pick one up now. I just can't understand why people would rather pass on a potential franchise QB just because we gave up a 2nd round pick for him last year. Yes, he showed flashes of very good things but again he is/will be 29. How many years will be give us at a high level (assuming of course he even gets there)?

As of right now he is 27, so after next years draft he will be 29. It's not that old. Maybe he will be a quick learner hell in only half a season with one of the worst offenses in the league he showed some flashes of a good QB. Give it time, he isn't all that old.

MDFINFAN said:

Who says you have to throw them into the fire right away. look at what happened when we drafted marino. Shula drafted him 1st round. And sat him unrtil like the 9th game that year. Yeah we had ateam that had just been to super bowl . But he was ready to play when he finally did get in there. There is no real time table.

stroker351w408c said:

Because if AJ gives us 6 to 8 good years, I'm sure we're pick up a QB by then , but I don't want to put all that money on a #2 QB who will take a couple of years, Some of our players don't have that long. Rostherburger (sp) had plenty of talent around him last year and that's why he did well, we don't know the full extend of the Oline we had, and AJ has played behind them and now knows how to find receivers fast, after last year he's been tested and throwed in the Lion's den. We drafted marino at 20, the pats got brady in the 6th, the 6th has won more SB's, it's not brady, but the system and talent around him. You spend your money on the surround guys and find a field general in the QB who can yes, make all the throws, and play smart. We have that already. We can get Smith or Rodgers later when teams want to get rid of them. :lol:

Thanks Knight..

knight6jb said:
As of right now he is 27, so after next years draft he will be 29. It's not that old. Maybe he will be a quick learner hell in only half a season with one of the worst offenses in the league he showed some flashes of a good QB. Give it time, he isn't all that old.
Didn't know AJ was only 27. This is an interesting draft upcoming. I hate all this waiting and reading all the websites feeding everyone why so and so will be such a good player. Favre is a very good example about having patience and didn't Favre flourish under Holmgrem? I know coaching has almost everything to do with players developing for the next level. We seem to now have a very good coaching staff, interesting to see the players we have on the team now how they do for this upcoming year being that we have a new coaching staff. It's very intersting to see who the Dolphins pick if they stay at the 2nd spot.

MDFINFAN said:

I AGREE 100%

AJ IS FINE 4 THIS YEAR GIVE HIM A CHANCE EDWARDS OR BENSON IN 2005 :evil: :evil:

stroker351w408c said:
Didn't know AJ was only 27. This is an interesting draft upcoming. I hate all this waiting and reading all the websites feeding everyone why so and so will be such a good player. Favre is a very good example about having patience and didn't Favre flourish under Holmgrem? I know coaching has almost everything to do with players developing for the next level. We seem to now have a very good coaching staff, interesting to see the players we have on the team now how they do for this upcoming year being that we have a new coaching staff. It's very intersting to see who the Dolphins pick if they stay at the 2nd spot.

I agree, I haven't been this excited in who knows how long.........It's going to be fun and interesting, I wish it would come earlier! This waiting it killing me!

But yes coaching does have everything to do with it and we have alot of good coaches surrounding an inexperienced QB who should alot of potential towards the end of last year.

MDFINFAN said:
Because if AJ gives us 6 to 8 good years, I'm sure we're pick up a QB by then , but I don't want to put all that money on a #2 QB who will take a couple of years, Some of our players don't have that long. Rostherburger (sp) had plenty of talent around him last year and that's why he did well, we don't know the full extend of the Oline we had, and AJ has played behind them and now knows how to find receivers fast, after last year he's been tested and throwed in the Lion's den. We drafted marino at 20, the pats got brady in the 6th, the 6th has won more SB's, it's not brady, but the system and talent around him. You spend your money on the surround guys and find a field general in the QB who can yes, make all the throws, and play smart. We have that already. We can get Smith or Rodgers later when teams want to get rid of them. :lol:
Very good point. What is your opinion on the new offensive system we have in place? I mean everyone is going to have to learn a new system again and for AJ he will, again, have to learn a new system. Yes, he knows his receivers but how complex with this new system be versus what we had before (I am sure it has to be more complex) I mean our system under Wanny was not that hard to figure out. I knew what they were going to pick after having a good six to seven beers in me :lol:

jason_taylor said:
I AGREE 100%

AJ IS FINE 4 THIS YEAR GIVE HIM A CHANCE EDWARDS OR BENSON IN 2005 :evil: :evil:

Like I said I agree but will have to go with C.Williams, if not Benson/Brown/M Williams.

Back
Top Bottom