Buyer Beware....1st round QB's. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buyer Beware....1st round QB's.

MDFINFAN said:
You spend your money on the surround guys and find a field general in the QB who can yes, make all the throws, and play smart. We have that already. :lol:

That's the problem AJ has never played smart. We hope that he develops, but he hasn't done it yet. Not in Miami. Not in Philly, where he avg. an int per game against some bad teams.

knight6jb said:
Exactly, anybody we have here who is inexperienced will get torn about by the fans! Give it time, Seriously if Farve were here his second year he would be boooo'd out of town b/c he wasn't good enough. Any young or inexperinced QB needs time and patience with, Fielder just got too much time and I feel that is why everyone is giving up on Feeley. We draft Rodgers or Smith and you guys will say he is a bust b/c he won't play well his first year. Things will be fine!

Stop the Feeley to Favre comparisons, they're ridiculous. Favre was incredibly accurate during his first four years in Green Bay. He completed well over 60% of his passes, threw more TDs than INTs, had good to high passer ratings, and showed excellent mobility.

Feeley has been terribly inaccurate, throws more INTs than TDs, and has poor mobility.

MDFINFAN said:
Because if AJ gives us 6 to 8 good years, I'm sure we're pick up a QB by then , but I don't want to put all that money on a #2 QB who will take a couple of years, Some of our players don't have that long. Rostherburger (sp) had plenty of talent around him last year and that's why he did well, we don't know the full extend of the Oline we had, and AJ has played behind them and now knows how to find receivers fast, after last year he's been tested and throwed in the Lion's den. We drafted marino at 20, the pats got brady in the 6th, the 6th has won more SB's, it's not brady, but the system and talent around him. You spend your money on the surround guys and find a field general in the QB who can yes, make all the throws, and play smart. We have that already. We can get Smith or Rodgers later when teams want to get rid of them. :lol:

We have a QB that can play smart? Who?

MDFINFAN said:
Yes it would, that's tied up Cap for a player who's not on the field and keeping us from getting the low end players who really pushes this team over.. Why is it that AJ may end up being only a okay QB and Smith and Rogers are going to be great players and haven't played a down in the NFL..They have no more potential than AJ..if he's given a chance in a good O. no hot reads, no oline, still threw bullets when he had the chance..yep, I'm on AJ's bandwagon..someone who's showed he can play in the NFL...just with Jr's who had scripted private workout without the rush than AJ faced.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. We all hope AJ does well, but he has nowhere near the talent of Smith and Rodgers. While there's no guarantee that any of these players will reach their potential (inc. AJ) the ceiling is much higher for Smith and Rodgers. AJ has never displayed as much accuracy or the abilty to read defenses like these guys. Were you one of the posters that said they didn't see a difference between Leinart and Dorsey too?

And don't talk about the workouts like that's all they've ever done. Smith and Rodgers had excellent college careers which made them 1st rd picks before then. The workouts just confirmed the skills that may have been hidden by schemes or competition.

Back
Top Bottom