Buyer Beware - Chad Oh-Nocinco! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buyer Beware - Chad Oh-Nocinco!

NY8123

The Fixer
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know there are a few who would like the notion of Chad in a Miami uni, but I would rather go with the receivers currently on the roster. Chad just isn't the right fit for this team and this article offers good insight into why Chad wouldn't fit a Green Bay style (WCO) offense that Philbin is planning on running.

Buyer beware but Chad to Miami would be a horrible fit.

Option anxiety was Chad Ochocinco’s real problem in New England

It's no secret that the New England Patriots have one of the most complex and intricate passing games in the NFL. Even when they're running things that look pretty standard, like three-vertical schemes and 2-TE sets (which they obviously do better than anybody else). Tom Brady is master and commander of an offense that has a dizzying array of option routes. Brady has to be in perfect sync with his receivers as a result, and those receivers must be aware of every permutation in the "if this/then that" aspects of the passing game.

If you don't get it, you won't get the ball -- Brady will shut you out after a few mistakes. It's why Joey Galloway became the target equivalent of a petrified tree after a few screw-ups, and why Brady wanted Deion Branch back on the team so badly. It's not always about specific talent, per se -- although talent is nice, as well -- as much as it's about buying in fully to the plan.

(Of course, when you have ridiculous talent AND an ability to get the playbook together, you wind up with Randy Moss in 2007 and Rob Gronkowski in 2011. But we digress).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...inco-real-problem-england-031511493--nfl.html

I think out of the 3 "superstar" receivers that flirted with the Fins... TO.. Moss and 85... I like 85 the best

One of the reasons Chad Ochocinco simply didn't become a factor in New England, according to several sources, is that he could never stick and stay with the complexities of the option route concept.

With the Bengals, the oeuvre of the game plan went a little more like this: "Let Chad beat his double-cover with pure speed and Gumby-like flexibility."

With Chad, it seems that you either have to let him freelance, or put him in a very defined, restrictive role.

What the Patriots didn't realize watching Ochocinco on film while with the Bengals was, according to several league sources, he ran the routes he wanted to there and it drove quarterback Carson Palmer nuts -- especially later in his Bengals career. But Palmer was smart enough to realize that no matter where Ochocinco was running, he was probably going to get open because his feet are that good down the field. And after so many reps together, Palmer had a good feel for where Ochocinco would end up.

Ochocinco was in 2011 what he had always been before -- a maddeningly inconsistent player prone to lapses in concentration, who would make up for those lapses with bouts of sheer physical dominance.

(It sound like he was once a faster version of B Marshall)

Either the Pats got caught up in the "we can change him" mantra, or they just didn't scout him well enough. (this begs the question, why do we think we can change him?)

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results. "

-Benjamin Franklin

it will bring some fans back to the stadium. I don't see this as a bad thing. Gonna make Hard Knocks a whole lot more interesting.

it will bring some fans back to the stadium. I don't see this as a bad thing. Gonna make Hard Knocks a whole lot more interesting.

what fans are going to games b/c Chad might be on the team?

I think out of the 3 "superstar" receivers that flirted with the Fins... TO.. Moss and 85... I like 85 the best

But 85 has had the least total career success of the three.

I liked Moss, only beause his talent is maybe the greatest of of all time. I predict a big year for him in SF.

I didn't have a huge problem with letting Brandon Marshall go in his prime because of his "negative attitude."

He had off the field problems, was a distraction to the team I suppose. But not nearly at the level that merited his dismissal.

Now they replace him with a guy who's TEN times the diva he is. Maybe not off the field, but a guy who is constantly bringing attention to himself - mostly negative.

Oh and the guy is WAY over the hill to boot.

This franchise is a joke.

I didn't have a huge problem with letting Brandon Marshall go in his prime because of his "negative attitude."

He had off the field problems, was a distraction to the team I suppose. But not nearly at the level that merited his dismissal.

Now they replace him with a guy who's TEN times the diva he is. Maybe not off the field, but a guy who is constantly bringing attention to himself - mostly negative.

Oh and the guy is WAY over the hill to boot.

This franchise is a joke.

10x the diva???? :bobdole: Com'on man.

34 may be old from an NFL standpoint, but we basically took NO major risks in bringing Ocho in. It'll cost us next to nothing (probably vets minimum), and if he produces, great. If not, he's gone. I don't see how this makes us a "joke". Besides, he'll definitely help our receiving core if healthy. I don't see what the big deal is here.

34 may be old from an NFL standpoint, but we basically took NO major risks in bringing Ocho in. It'll cost us next to nothing (probably vets minimum), and if he produces, great. If not, he's gone. I don't see how this makes us a "joke". Besides, he'll definitely help our receiving core if healthy. I don't see what the big deal is here.

It's a low risk low reward signing at best. I would think after the first round of cuts you could find someone who fits the new offense better then 85.

HE CAN'T PLAY

They brought him in as a glorified publicity stunt.

That shows how much of a joke they are.

The Dolphins are nowadays that team that would sign like Manute Bol, or a female kicker, just to get back in the headlines. It's like a AA team.

Back
Top Bottom