Buyer Beware - Chad Oh-Nocinco! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buyer Beware - Chad Oh-Nocinco!

It's a low risk low reward signing at best. I would think after the first round of cuts you could find someone who fits the new offense better then 85.

I do not see at all how he fits being a WCO WR. In this case, the Green Bay WCO which requires smart WRs to make route adjustments based on the final set up of the defense. A WR has to make that call within 3-4 seconds and the QB needs to know 100% what the WR is going to do.

The only plus I can see with Chad Johnson is that he does have good hands. He can't out jump or out run defensive backs like he used to for many years, but he can catch.

I've also been thinking that there is another reason for us signing him. Maybe our WRs were thinking that this was it, that they all had a chance considering the other young players we had at the position. Now I'm sure all of them are thinking, "well, they brought in a former All Pro, maybe they are NOT happy with us". And maybe we need to push harder just to keep a spot around here.

HE CAN'T PLAY

They brought him in as a glorified publicity stunt.

That shows how much of a joke they are.

The Dolphins are nowadays that team that would sign like Manute Bol, or a female kicker, just to get back in the headlines. It's like a AA team.

Glad you are the expert in this. :rolleyes2:

You're just reaching here man. Like I, said very low risk...if he doesn't perform, bye bye. Simple as that.

When have the Patriots ever gotten RID of someone who is good?

Lawyer Milloy ten years ago?

The Belichick regime is what you might consider the NFL measuring stick. The Gold Standard. If they didn't want Chad Johnson, and nobody else appeared to be jumping at him either - It's probably because they know what he brings to the table as a player these days. NOTHING.

So naturally he's good enough for the Dolphins.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Glad you are the expert in this. :rolleyes2:

You're just reaching here man. Like I, said very low risk...if he doesn't perform, bye bye. Simple as that.

I SAID it's low risk too.

But it's not indicative of the thinking of the truly worst move they made this off-season, getting rid of Marshall.

Philbin comes in here and you're like, WOW - They traded Marshall. He must really not be in the mood for any crap, they traded arguably their best player.

And then they sign Chad Johnson.....

I do not see at all how he fits being a WCO WR. In this case, the Green Bay WCO which requires smart WRs to make route adjustments based on the final set up of the defense. A WR has to make that call within 3-4 seconds and the QB needs to know 100% what the WR is going to do.

The only plus I can see with Chad Johnson is that he does have good hands. He can't out jump or out run defensive backs like he used to for many years, but he can catch.

I've also been thinking that there is another reason for us signing him. Maybe our WRs were thinking that this was it, that they all had a chance considering the other young players we had at the position. Now I'm sure all of them are thinking, "well, they brought in a former All Pro, maybe they are NOT happy with us". And maybe we need to push harder just to keep a spot around here.

I think I will actually be disappointed of he makes the finial roster, that would speak to the lack of quality at the position but maybe I'm wrong, maybe he will pull a season out of his ass and light it up one more time but I just don't see it happening.

I see this like a 400yrd, 3TD, 10ypc season. We have enough of those on the roster, if Tom Brady cannot get him back to pro bowl form, two journeymen and a rookie damn sure will not.

It's obvious that we are building around 2-3 good receivers and he is a perfect fit. We now are among the teams that dont have a #1 but now two #2's Bess & Ocho and #3 Hartline. I think its a great move.

I say 65 catches, 900 yards, and 11 TD's

When have the Patriots ever gotten RID of someone who is good?

Lawyer Milloy ten years ago?

The Belichick regime is what you might consider the NFL measuring stick. The Gold Standard. If they didn't want Chad Johnson, and nobody else appeared to be jumping at him either - It's probably because they know what he brings to the table as a player these days. NOTHING.

So naturally he's good enough for the Dolphins.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I SAID it's low risk too.

But it's not indicative of the thinking of the truly worst move they made this off-season, getting rid of Marshall.

Philbin comes in here and you're like, WOW - They traded Marshall. He must really not be in the mood for any crap, they traded arguably their best player.

And then they sign Chad Johnson.....
You are being pretty ridiculous. Chad Johnson is a diva yes but not in the negative that Marshall is. He is low risk, high reward. Signing him hardly makes Miami a joke. Seriously, he is here on a 1 year contract!!! Not like Miami is investing tons in him. Stop complaining about perceived problems that don't exist. Lets see what Johnson does before declaring he can play or not.

People are over reacting to this. I have already stated I like the signing, but he has to make the team first. So wait until he at least makes the team before you bash the guy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

You are being pretty ridiculous. Chad Johnson is a diva yes but not in the negative that Marshall is. He is low risk, high reward. Signing him hardly makes Miami a joke. Seriously, he is here on a 1 year contract!!! Not like Miami is investing tons in him. Stop complaining about perceived problems that don't exist. Lets see what Johnson does before declaring he can play or not.

I agree with this to a degree.

We're not risking much by signing him.

I think the dude still has some gas in the tank. He's not out of shape or anything like that.

85's biggest problem is that he's just not smart enough to understand the playbook. NFL offenses have become more and more complex...not less.

That's why New England cut him loose. He couldn't pick up the playbook.

LMAO. On Hard Knocks, Marvin Lewis had to explain to this gutterball how a BANK works.

:lol: :lol:

One of the reasons Chad Ochocinco simply didn't become a factor in New England, according to several sources, is that he could never stick and stay with the complexities of the option route concept.

With the Bengals, the oeuvre of the game plan went a little more like this: "Let Chad beat his double-cover with pure speed and Gumby-like flexibility."

With Chad, it seems that you either have to let him freelance, or put him in a very defined, restrictive role.

What the Patriots didn't realize watching Ochocinco on film while with the Bengals was, according to several league sources, he ran the routes he wanted to there and it drove quarterback Carson Palmer nuts -- especially later in his Bengals career. But Palmer was smart enough to realize that no matter where Ochocinco was running, he was probably going to get open because his feet are that good down the field. And after so many reps together, Palmer had a good feel for where Ochocinco would end up.

Ochocinco was in 2011 what he had always been before -- a maddeningly inconsistent player prone to lapses in concentration, who would make up for those lapses with bouts of sheer physical dominance.

(It sound like he was once a faster version of B Marshall)

Either the Pats got caught up in the "we can change him" mantra, or they just didn't scout him well enough. (this begs the question, why do we think we can change him?)

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results. "

-Benjamin Franklin

Solid Post

Doesn't take Jeff Ireland very long to squander the good will he earned from a good draft, does it?

My annoyance in this isn't because we got him. It's because he's essentially your replacement for Brandon Marshall. That's a joke.

what fans are going to games b/c Chad might be on the team?

Junc...the morons are out there. This is another classic "Ross" move...fanfare over real fans...

Those who don't know this guy is washed up crap, will buy tickets ...just not as many as will be needed to mitigate the headaches this guy brings with him...

Hard knocks will be the "all about Ocho show...." count on it...

Back
Top Bottom