Buyer Beware - Chad Oh-Nocinco! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buyer Beware - Chad Oh-Nocinco!

Uhhhhhhhhhh .. dude you need to review some of the games Orton played, those weren't garbage points, he earned them.

Also, garbage points don't happen consistently like he had .. just read up on and look as his stats from all his years .. he's been damn good at times but has bad chokes

In fact, he was the highlight real play of all last year when he hit Lloyd for a TD to win the game in a highly contested game.

Brush up on Orton before you trash him, he had no offensive line and made great plays .. don't know why everyone is always down on the guy.

Uhhhhhhhhhh .. dude you need to review some of the games Orton played, those weren't garbage points, he earned them.

Also, garbage points don't happen consistently like he had .. just read up on and look as his stats from all his years .. he's been damn good at times but has bad chokes
figure
In fact, he was the highlight real play of all last year when he hit Lloyd for a TD to win the game in a highly contested game.

Brush up on Orton before you trash him, he had no offensive line and made great plays .. don't know why everyone is always down on the guy.

ha ha...ok buddy...tellin me to "brush up" it won't take me long to figure out what you know and with this orton stuff who i've watched plenty of tape on you're way off

If you're going to quote me man then at least quote me right, i never said "brush up".

You can hate Orton all day long but I'm sure if we were in a private room with the Dolphin coaches the owner would be ecstatic to have Orton over what we have now.

I guess all the teams bidding for Orton were stupid too ? :)

From what I see, we've been testing new talent since Marino, where has that got us?

If you're going to quote me man then at least quote me right, i never said "brush up".

You can hate Orton all day long but I'm sure if we were in a private room with the Dolphin coaches the owner would be ecstatic to have Orton over what we have now.

I guess all the teams bidding for Orton were stupid too ? :)

From what I see, we've been testing new talent since Marino, where has that got us?

yeah orton was so coveted he went to dallas to hold the clip board for tony romo for gods sakes...b/t you did tell me to "brush up on orton"...

see you around and hopefully with better content

Whoops, maybe I did say that, good quote then.

You think they got Orton to backup Romo when last season the story was if they were to sit him? You think they got a high profile QB to sit him, hmm?

I hope you're around when he starts for Dallas and I'll make a thread.

We both know you'd take it in a heartbeat if he was on Miami.

Alright guys here was the point of this thread from the onset, it wasn't the fact that this was a low risk/high reward signing because it is from a contract receiver standpoint.

However gentlemen my point in this thread centers around the Miami Dolphins Quarterback position and the fallout that could possibly transpire from a rouge receiver running lose in the secondary. If Moore and/or Garrard win the starting roll and Tannehill is waiting in the wings there is going to be a lot of people screaming Tannehill should start. The west cost offense is a timing based offense that attacks the soft spots in man/zone defenses by making reads and adjusting to the reads. The very thing the Johnson has been criticized for not being able to consistently do. A few errant throws into coverage because Johnson runs his own route that lead to interceptions and the masses are pounding the Tannehill drums to the tune of fire Philibin or put Tannehill in, especially if the team is still losing because of lackluster offense.

What if Tannehill wins the QB battle and starts from day one, his progressions are solid for a first year QB, his reads are good and he is intelligent enough to know where receivers are supposed to be. Defense is set, the QB makes his reads, Johnson runs the route he thinks is best, Tannehill fires into coverage as a result and bam, pick. If Chad is a number one receiver he needs to be on the exact same page as his QB and if his shortcoming is offensive smarts and adjusting to coverages that leads to QB shortcomings then I would rather have a guy who knows his assignments with less physical talent.

We'll see how it plays out.

Back
Top Bottom