Buzz: Fins Eye Elliott in Draft After RB Misses in Free Agency | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz: Fins Eye Elliott in Draft After RB Misses in Free Agency

If Elliot is a top 5 talent in this draft class then this is one hell of a poor draft class.

Says who -- You? An uninformed opinion doesn't make something true.

More than a few NFL scouts and draft experts believe that Zeke is the best RB to come out since Adrian Peterson. Their opinions are a lot more credible than yours. That means he still would have been a top prospect in any of the past 9 drafts.

Says who -- You? An uninformed opinion doesn't make something true.

More than a few NFL scouts and draft experts believe that Zeke is the best RB to come out since Adrian Peterson. Their opinions are a lot more credible than yours. That means he still would have been a top prospect in any of the past 9 drafts.

To each their own...

Trent Richardson is a talented back who should garner a top-five pick in this year's draft, regardless of the idea the past few years that the shelf life and durability of running backs doesn't warrant the risk of a top pick. Richardson is durable enough to handle a season full of carries, and with the new CBA rules putting a ceiling on rookie salaries, it will be tough for teams to pass on such a talented, polished back that will be a franchise back for years to come.
Analysis
Strengths: Trent Richardson is as compact and coiled an athlete that the running back position has seen since Adrian Peterson.

If Elliot is a top 5 talent in this draft class then this is one hell of a poor draft class.

I dont think this is a good 1st rd draft class. Most of the first-round projections are later rounds quality imo.

i think it's crucial to try and draft a stud for the cb.....the draft is always a crapshoot and zeke could very well end up being a great rb but i would rather roll the dice and try to land a legit #1 cb at 13

lol...RB are a dime a dozen many on this site said when Miller left....Anderson is a better back and cheaper when we tried to sign him...not you want to spend a 1st round pick on a rookie...incredibly stupid. If the people on here really think RBs are a dime a dozen you wouldn't be cheering for a RB to be drafted in the 1st unless he was super elite like Gurley...which Elliot is not. I would prefer going into next season with nothing and at RB and focus on somehow finding a way in the top 10 for next year when you have a shot at Dalvin Cook, McCaffery or Nick Chubb...even Fournette but Fournette isn't as good an all around back as the other three IMO. Cook or McCaffery would be my preference.

lol...RB are a dime a dozen many on this site said when Miller left....Anderson is a better back and cheaper when we tried to sign him...not you want to spend a 1st round pick on a rookie...incredibly stupid. If the people on here really think RBs are a dime a dozen you wouldn't be cheering for a RB to be drafted in the 1st unless he was super elite like Gurley...which Elliot is not. I would prefer going into next season with nothing and at RB and focus on somehow finding a way in the top 10 for next year when you have a shot at Dalvin Cook, McCaffery or Nick Chubb...even Fournette but Fournette isn't as good an all around back as the other three IMO. Cook or McCaffery would be my preference.

Yup want nothing to do with Elliott in the first or any running back this year or really any other year. This team needs a lot more help then a running back. If he is first on your board you skip him and take the second best person on your board.

Dalvin Cook is actually going to be special in the NFL. That kid has been doing that since he learned to run a football.

It all depends who is there at 13... If one of the top CBs isn't there then I wouldn't mind Elliot. I'm not a fan of RBs in the first but I think Elliot can be special considering all the things he can do

unless he was super elite like Gurley...which Elliot is not.

Gurley is far from elite. You saw like 5 games from the guy and he can't stay healthy. And Gurley is not the all-around threat that Zeke is. Gurley might be the better pure runner -- might be -- but he certainly isn't better in any other aspect of the game. Those count too. But apparently there are several just like you out there that don't seem to understand that.

The last thing we need to do is draft an RB in the first round.

And why is that? If you are such the expert, then explain why it surely should be the last thing the Dolphins do. RB is a big need. Why is another area of need that much more important? Just because RB is outside your personal preference doesn't at all make it a wrong move.

The Dolphins need to collect as many good players as they can. When #13 rolls around, they need to select the best player that they can, regardless of position. If BPA happens to be at a position of real strength, then maybe to you look to the next BPA at another position. But you shouldn't deviate too far from BPA.

And why is that? If you are such the expert, then explain why it surely should be the last thing the Dolphins do. RB is a big need. Why is another area of need that much more important? Just because RB is outside your personal preference doesn't at all make it a wrong move.

The Dolphins need to collect as many good players as they can. When #13 rolls around, they need to select the best player that they can, regardless of position. If BPA happens to be at a position of real strength, then maybe to you look to the next BPA at another position. But you shouldn't deviate too far from BPA.

If the running back is bpa then you take the second bpa. Running backs have the worst value. Running back is the one position were you can win with above average talent. Especially now a days when no team really uses running backs as work horses. Instead they spread the carries. Grab a kid with upside in the 4th+.

In the first round give me the best defensive player remaining at that pick. We need ends, corners, linebackers and a safety way more then a over hyped college back from the Big Ten.

If the running back is bpa then you take the second bpa. Running backs have the worst value. Running back is the one position were you can win with above average talent. Especially now a days when no team really uses running backs as work horses. Instead they spread the carries. Grab a kid with upside in the 4th+.

In the first round give me the best defensive player remaining at that pick. We need ends, corners, linebackers and a safety way more then a over hyped college back from the Big Ten.

I was with you until you said Elliot was over hyped. Sorry dude, you came to class unprepared. But I agree with the premiss of your argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom