Buzz: Fins Eye Elliott in Draft After RB Misses in Free Agency | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz: Fins Eye Elliott in Draft After RB Misses in Free Agency

Cole has had major predictions about the Fins over the past 18 months and has NEVER been right. This will be another.

I love Elliot, but he is not there at 13.

Agree with everyone saying Elliott won't be there at 13......BUT......to paraphrase an old saying "Never underestimate the power of a fool in over his head to make stupid decisions" ......which is why I have a bad feeling Tannescum is now cooking up a scheme to trade up in front of the Eagles to get Elliott. Crazy you say???......not with this FO and our idiot owner who seems like he can be sold a Ketchup popsicle while wearing white gloves (Thank you "Tommy Boy").

It'll be the Jion Dordan (I like it better that way....I'm sure he's pronounced like that one of the many times he's been stoned anyhow) debacle all over again.......different clowns, same circus is all.

Agree with everyone saying Elliott won't be there at 13......BUT......to paraphrase an old saying "Never underestimate the power of a fool in over his head to make stupid decisions" ......which is why I have a bad feeling Tannescum is now cooking up a scheme to trade up in front of the Eagles to get Elliott. Crazy you say???......not with this FO and our idiot owner who seems like he can be sold a Ketchup popsicle while wearing white gloves (Thank you "Tommy Boy").

It'll be the Jion Dordan (I like it better that way....I'm sure he's pronounced like that one of the many times he's been stoned anyhow) debacle all over again.......different clowns, same circus is all.

Far from it. The bailed down to get two starters and the guy(s) they wanted they knew would be available from 8-17 or so. In fact, there is more of a chance of a trade back if they can find a partner.

Clicked on the link bc I thought it was a Barry Jackson 'buzz' column. Link opened and saw it was Bleacher Report...immediately closed window and took a sigh of relief.

Agreed. While not intentionally misleading, most definitely assumed we were getting into some barry content

Hayden, first of all I rarely post on FH, but enjoy reading some of the content on the site. The topics related to the team can get entertaining and there are a few posters I take seriously while enjoying their posts (UK_DolFan is the ultimate realist lol) and some...well, to be honest, I don't.

I think you have good insight and your ideas are well thought out. That being said, as we all know the time leading up to the draft is all about smoke and mirrors along with throwing off the scent of the media by tossing them a bone in the wrong direction if it suits their purpose.

I'm a long time Dolphins fan who grew up in south Florida but moved to Dallas, TX a few years ago. My family has had season tickets for over 15 years, and I still travel down to watch games every year much to my disappointment after watching live home loss after loss. I've even flew over to London to watch them play there too. Now fast forward to 2016 and the upcoming draft. After pouring out my money, time, and passion over this team I think we need to take a different approach...so this off-season has been a bit refreshing in the sense that we are doing just that. Now this isn't to say that I wasn't a bit disappointed with the swapping of the first round picks with Philly but IF we get two producing healthy starters and can still land a quality pick (playmaker) in the 1st round I'm good with it. Yes we need a corner, a younger DE, and a guard (hoped we would have gotten a proven guard through free agency) in the early days of the draft I hope we take the best player available regardless of position. We are not a playoff team YET, and we have a lot of holes to fill and a lack of true stars on this team. We have a few really good players, but few game changers (which is why we couldn't close out games the past few years in the 4th quarter) which is the difference between making the playoffs and the position we find ourselves in today. I like Hargreaves at 13 if available, but the more I watch film on the CB's in this class I believe there is talent in the 2nd round at the CB position. If Hargreaves isn't there at 13 I would trade down to accumulate picks because the depth of the draft in various positions is between picks 15-75. Your thoughts?

Far from it. The bailed down to get two starters and the guy(s) they wanted they knew would be available from 8-17 or so. In fact, there is more of a chance of a trade back if they can find a partner.

There's that word again, "starters".

Smoke screen to trade down for more picks

Don't think so. We wanted to draft a RB last year and if Gurley was on the board, even coming off a major knee injury, he would certainly be a Miami Dolphin. This kid is the real deal and has performed at a very high level vs the best competition. Just as good or even better than Gurley. No one can honestly watch game tape and tell me he isn't one of the best playmakers in this draft. He went over 1800 yds two years in a row and is very durable. In 2015 he went over 100 yds in every game except one, and went over 200 yds twice. I'm tired of this team reaching for need picks, or trading down, rather than taking the BAP. How has that worked out for us? Not well. We desperately need playmakers, especially one who can get us tough yards in the RZ and put games away in the 4th quarter. JMHO, if he's there we have to take him at 13.

I wish we stayed put and went all in on Jack. He sounds like a piece that would be key in helping shut down NE's 2 TE sets and RB's out of the back field. To win anything we need to beat NE and to do that we need pass rushers and guys who can cover TE'a, RB's and shifty slot guys. This isn't rocket science they've been using this mismatch formula for like 15 years now. Can any of the rookie CB's match up with Edelman? Still no answers for Gronk or Bennett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think so. We wanted to draft a RB last year and if Gurley was on the board, even coming off a major knee injury, he would certainly be a Miami Dolphin. This kid is the real deal and has performed at a very high level vs the best competition. Just as good or even better than Gurley. No one can honestly watch game tape and tell me he isn't one of the best playmakers in this draft. He went over 1800 yds two years in a row and is very durable. In 2015 he went over 100 yds in every game except one, and went over 200 yds twice. I'm tired of this team reaching for need picks, or trading down, rather than taking the BAP. How has that worked out for us? Not well. We desperately need playmakers, especially one who can get us tough yards in the RZ and put games away in the 4th quarter. JMHO, if he's there we have to take him at 13.

I don't think he is on the same level as Gurley...but I'm a big time Gurley fan.

Do you guys think he'll be around at 13? I'm thinking no and as bad as our drafts have been I wouldn't cry if we nail down a back Rd 1. I miss the Ricky, Czonk days

Zeke is good. Really good. But not sure how I feel about an RB that early.

I hope he is picked before us to be honest so were not tempted.

The team has many needs and in a salary cap environment if you look down the road contract wise a DE or CB pick here on a rookie contract makes much more sense value wise the way I see it.

Im trying to recall off the top of my head if the better teams draft running backs early? Cant come up with too many. NE makes it work, GB makes it work etc.

[video=youtube;a2w-SULm2B8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2w-SULm2B8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom