Buzz: Fins Eye Elliott in Draft After RB Misses in Free Agency | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz: Fins Eye Elliott in Draft After RB Misses in Free Agency

horrible move, u dont draft RBs that high. Look how it worked out for New Orleand Ingram, and Buffalo Spiller. RBs are only as good as theyre OL

Nice way to use confirmation bias and only point out the draft selections that didn't work out all while not mentioning the ones that did. Also, with so many different teams considering Elliott with a top-15 pick, it seems that many in industry, not just Miami, don't agree with you. As someone else said, Zeke is a top 5 talent regardless of position so you take him if he's there.

And oh BTW, RB is now a position of immediate need.

Todd gurley was a better prospect

No he wasn't/isn't. Zeke is clearly a better all-around talent than Gurley was coming out. Gurley may be the better pure runner, but pass protection, blocking, receiving, etc. all factor is as well and Zeke is much more polished coming out. I've heard/read several pundits that believe Zeke is the best Rb to come out since Adrian Peterson.

That said, I'm not dissing Gurley, as I liked him a lot coming out last season (and still do). But to say that he's a better prospect isn't at all true, since Elliott grades out as good or better in most categories --- durability among them.

He is a good blocker as well. With that crap that they call an offensive line, this may not be a bad choice.

Todd gurley was a better prospect

They wouldnt have been digging so deep in the veteran back options if this was a target
I disagree the hype around him us deafening he might go as early as 4

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elliot would be a great player on this team.

That said, once again RB production in a system like Adam Gase's just can be found so easily.

Would be pretty silly to take a RB so high you will probably have a top flight CB staring you in the face.

If I was Ross I would let Gase coach for 3 seasons and then after the 3rd, give him total control of the team like N.E. does with BB.

He already has full control like Belichick.

Being frustrated with the team is understandable but when you find elation over the teams shortcomings, you are taking it to the depths.

The titans swapped fourths for a much better player, we swapped firsts. It strikes me as very fitting if this utterly awful trade then costs Tannenbaum the player he wants because there is no doubt in my mind that if we had any sense and kept the 8th pick, Elliot would be on the board.

We need a round 1 corner anyway, though a flashy rb is much more Tannebaums style

Nice way to use confirmation bias and only point out the draft selections that didn't work out all while not mentioning the ones that did. Also, with so many different teams considering Elliott with a top-15 pick, it seems that many in industry, not just Miami, don't agree with you. As someone else said, Zeke is a top 5 talent regardless of position so you take him if he's there.

No he wasn't/isn't. Zeke is clearly a better all-around talent than Gurley was coming out. Gurley may be the better pure runner, but pass protection, blocking, receiving, etc. all factor is as well and Zeke is much more polished coming out. I've heard/read several pundits that believe Zeke is the best Rb to come out since Adrian Peterson.

That said, I'm not dissing Gurley, as I liked him a lot coming out last season (and still do). But to say that he's a better prospect isn't at all true, since Elliott grades out as good or better in most categories --- durability among them.

If you think that college tapes better than todd gurleys :lol:

Having a quality, dynamic running back, may be making a comeback in popularity as Peyton retires, Brady ages, and Rodgers stagnates somewhat. I'll gladly take a running back at 13 if the Dolphins are serious about getting him the ball at least 15 times per game, or at least using him tactically in a way that leads to first downs and touchdowns. So, yes to Elliott.

Do not agree at all.. Gurley was a much better prospect coming out even WITH the injury. Ugh I really wanted him last year

Gurley did it all by himself...ohio states scheme helped zeke get clean into the 2nd level...although im not saying elliot isnt a very good prospect...mid 4.4s at that weight is impressive

But todd gurley was a once every 10 years type talent...the best college tape since ap and hell considering how much everything was put on his plate to make things happen maybe even better

I need one of those level guys to use a top 10 pick on a rb

Back
Top Bottom