C.pep.....be honest

Start in week one

• Yes

Votes: 85 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 58 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck with your 4 draft picks this year! It was nice to see Tangina and Mangina trade up for a Punt returner/Cornerback in the first and a linebacker with a history of torn ligaments in his knee in the second. Way to go N.Y. :grouplaug :tongue2:

Also... I never hope somebody gets hurt during the season, but do to Pennys' history of injuries it seems like a likely conclusion.

You drafted Ginn at 9 and you re laughing at our draft?:sidelol:

If Culpepper is healthy, then yes. Culpepper obviously has the right tools, we saw them with Minnesota. How are you gonna not start a healthy Culpepper and risk the chance of benching a Pro Bowl quarterback?

I don't see why we shouldn't give him another chance. We gave tremendously less talented players a second and in some cases a third chance before, like A.J. Feeley, David Boston, and Eddie Moore.

Psssssssssssssst...he's a Buffalo fan, check out the username and sig pics :wink:
:sidelol: :sidelol: GO DOLPHINS!! even though, we are acostume of lossing:sidelol: :sidelol:

Why..

Is the goal of the QB to throw 60 yards downfield or to win? Daunte doesn't win, Chad does. When will that sink in w/ you guys? You would think watching Chad lead us to victories over you guys 6 of 7 times would clue you in he's pretty good.

Why you write all those wonderfull thing of Chad over here? you know that in a propellers(jets) chat room , they will crush you because you wanted Chad's head last year, before the season started. After he finish his first complete season, now you salute him and adore him. That in my bock is call hypocrite.

I think some of ya'll are mistakenly trying to correlate that a 'healthy Culpepper' TODAY equates to the Daunte Culpepper that was in 2004 who had one of the five best seasons ever for a quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings.

A 'heathy Culpepper' is not that today, folks. A 'healthy Culpepper' today, simply doesn't have pain in his knee from multiple surgeries, allowing him to particpate in camp activities.

He's not going to ever regain that full mobility that made him so good. He simply isn't. He's 30 years old. His skills and athleticsm are detiorating, they're not improving.

And again, people don't realize HOW much Daunte has relied on his ability to roll out of the pocket, and lunge for 15-20 yards while the defense was back covering the receivers (Randy Moss most of the time drawing both safties)with his big 260+ lbs frame..

Without that full mobility he simply isn't the same player.

If Culpepper is the Dolphis quarterback come the start of the season, I'd be shocked..

will YOU give him another chance to be in week 1 starting??

Considering the price we paid for him and the fact that he really hasn't had a 'chance' here yet, yes I certainly would. That decision tho, isn't up to us, it's up to Cam...I don't think he'll get that chance as much as I'd like to see him get that shot...

Not only will Culpepper NOT be this team starter Week 1, he by all means most likely not be on the roster come training camp with Trent Green's inevitable arrival.

He does not fit under this current regime plans(Mueller/Cam). He was a Saban project. And a project that is not going to pan out...

Even if he gets to the point where there is no pain at all in his knee, he still won't have the same mobiliy in which made him such a threat. Daunte's mobility was his bread, and his rocket arm was his butter. He's always been a guy who's relied heavily on his physical gifts. Not so much of a cerebral type, scan the defenses etc, and that's the direct opposite of what this team needs at the quarterback posisition(to have sucess).

He simply doesn't fit. Trent Green will be by all means the Dolphins starting quarterback to begin the 2007 season.

We have to face the facts....I wanted him to succeed here, but it simply isn't going to happen. Case closed.

Eh, wrong...He may not have the quick decision making skills that Cam particularly likes, but this offense is the same base offense as Linehan installed. In fact, it's the same base offense as Norv Turner installed here. The major difference is the philosophy in play calling itself, not the scheme...

There are two reasons that I foresee Green or someone else being the starter...one is that CPep simply may not be healthy and Cam can't rely on him being gimpy or in and out of the lineup if his knee continues to give him problems.

Second is that it would be, for lack of a better word, easier to use Green here for a year or so while they prepare Beck to take the reigns, rather than going thru the process of re-training CPep to Cam's way of thinking. Green is already there.

If C-Pep can get and remain healthy, then of course.

When healthy, he's twice as better and twice as younger than Trent Green.

How so? He's only had one winning season in six years, a 48% career winning percentage, and in 7 seasons he's had 81 fumbles, been sacked 249 times, and thrown 85 INT's. Despite his claims of being "elite", he is anything but.

Cam doesn't have any intention of starting CP.

How so? He's only had one winning season in six years, a 48% career winning percentage, and in 7 seasons he's had 81 fumbles, been sacked 249 times, and thrown 85 INT's. Despite his claims of being "elite", he is anything but.

Cam doesn't have any intention of starting CP.

First of all, a QB's record is the most overrated way to judge a quarterback. If record held so much weight, than Rex Grossman was a great quarterback last year. Second all, yeah he he had been sacked 249 times, but it's not like he had an all-pro line. Third of all, while he has thrown 89 interceptions, he also thrown 137 touchdowns.

Sure...That being said, I can't really make an educated descision as I have no idea how healthy he is.

Back
Top Bottom