C.pep.....be honest

Start in week one

• Yes

Votes: 85 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 58 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How so? He's only had one winning season in six years, a 48% career winning percentage, and in 7 seasons he's had 81 fumbles, been sacked 249 times, and thrown 85 INT's. Despite his claims of being "elite", he is anything but.

Cam doesn't have any intention of starting CP.

culpepper had more than one winning season in MIN, including his rookie 2000 campaign, and 2003, and they went 8-8 in '04 and made the playoffs. His win percentage is low as a starter for MIN, but the entire blame can not be put on the QB for losing games. 85 career INTs isnt that bad compared to 137 career TDs, which factors into Dante's 90.8 average QB rating. 21 of those 249 sacks came last year, during which he only played 4 games, and we all know why most of those sacks occured, a combination of not being 100 percent healthy, and a poor offensive line. The only thing that bothers me is high fumble rate. he averages about a fumble per game. But he has still proven himself to be a competitor WHEN HEALTHY. I would have no problem with him as our starter if he's 100 percent.

Why you write all those wonderfull thing of Chad over here? you know that in a propellers(jets) chat room , they will crush you because you wanted Chad's head last year, before the season started. After he finish his first complete season, now you salute him and adore him. That in my bock is call hypocrite.

Huh? I have NEVER not wanted Chad to start. Alot of Jet fans have criticized him but I'm not one of them.

I think some of ya'll are mistakenly trying to correlate that a 'healthy Culpepper' TODAY equates to the Daunte Culpepper that was in 2004 who had one of the five best seasons ever for a quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings.

a best 5 FANTASY season, he led that team to 8 wins in a pathtic division and conference- that's not a top 5 all time season.

First of all, a QB's record is the most overrated way to judge a quarterback. If record held so much weight, than Rex Grossman was a great quarterback last year. Second all, yeah he he had been sacked 249 times, but it's not like he had an all-pro line. Third of all, while he has thrown 89 interceptions, he also thrown 137 touchdowns.

The QBs job is to win not to be a great fantasy QB. yeah sometimes medicore Qbs can win when surrouned w/ great talent but Daunte was surrounded w/ incredible offensive talent an made the playoffs ust twice in a pathetic div and conf. Daunte doesn't play well in big situations, Grossman isn't god but he didn't kill Chicago in the div rd and NFC title game which is why Chi was able to win. if daunte was the QB he would have forced the issue and had bad turnovers and as bad as rx was in the SB he posted a 68 rating in the SB while Daunte had a 13 rating against a medicore Giant team in the '00 playoffs.

Huh? I have NEVER not wanted Chad to start. Alot of Jet fans have criticized him but I'm not one of them.

a best 5 FANTASY season, he led that team to 8 wins in a pathtic division and conference- that's not a top 5 all time season.

The QBs job is to win not to be a great fantasy QB. yeah sometimes medicore Qbs can win when surrouned w/ great talent but Daunte was surrounded w/ incredible offensive talent an made the playoffs ust twice in a pathetic div and conf. Daunte doesn't play well in big situations, Grossman isn't god but he didn't kill Chicago in the div rd and NFC title game which is why Chi was able to win. if daunte was the QB he would have forced the issue and had bad turnovers and as bad as rx was in the SB he posted a 68 rating in the SB while Daunte had a 13 rating against a medicore Giant team in the '00 playoffs.

That is job of every player on the field on both sides of the ball. Did it ever occur to you that the team Daunte played wasn't really that good other than Moss?

We don't DC be be A Peyton Manni, or a Dan Marino. We have a TEAM wouthout a QB. MArino was a QB without a team (for most part of his career) Marino had no D. thats why we kpt on losgin alotof games in overtim, wher marino threw for 400 yards a 5tds. Cuz we were the Olfins. Without a D. Now, we have a team. Good runningame, recivers, an not a shabby defense. If we get our olien to colaborate we won't need a superqb. We will need a QB that will be able to be in the game, and make the pass he needs to mkae. h won't need to throw for 400 yards a game, and 5000 yards and 50 TDs a season.

That is job of every player on the field on both sides of the ball. Did it ever occur to you that the team Daunte played wasn't really that good other than Moss?

he had amazing offensive talent every year in Minnesota, the D wasn't great but wasn't as bad as people think. If Daunte didn't throw so many bad INts and fumble so much the D woldn't have ben put in so many bad spots. Look at 2005. In the 7 games Daunte started the D gave up 28 PPG, in the 9 Johnson started the D gave up 17 PPG. limit the dumb Tos and it makes your D better.

We don't DC be be A Peyton Manni, or a Dan Marino. We have a TEAM wouthout a QB. MArino was a QB without a team (for most part of his career) Marino had no D. thats why we kpt on losgin alotof games in overtim, wher marino threw for 400 yards a 5tds. Cuz we were the Olfins. Without a D. Now, we have a team. Good runningame, recivers, an not a shabby defense. If we get our olien to colaborate we won't need a superqb. We will need a QB that will be able to be in the game, and make the pass he needs to mkae. h won't need to throw for 400 yards a game, and 5000 yards and 50 TDs a season.

That's not dunte, he's not a winner. hewill always take the dumb risk and turn it over. he will not make the big plays in crunch time- he NEVER has. And you need mroe than just a QB, if your team was that good any QB could come in and at least get you to the playoffs. You need more than a QB though consitent QB play would be a major boost towards returning to the playoffs.

Under the current situations, I would take Beck as my starter over Daunte anytime. I wish DC the best (never seen anyone ride a stationary bike as good as him), but I hope the Dolphins cut ties with him in June so we can move on.

Back
Top Bottom