Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board

He would certainly fit the new Stephen Ross mandate of "wide open and spread it out" type of offense. The off the field stuff with his father still bothers me.

I know there are many haters but first let me say that I rarely watch college football. I mean I know everyone has their favorites, etc., but for me, I am taking a wait and see approach. Many of these players get labeled before the fact but I am going to let the whole situation play out and judge it accordingly. Hating on single players really isn't that fun as it gets you nowhere; same with trashing the FO 24/7. I am intrigued by the addition of Cam if it were to happen.

I doubt he would be ready to play year one but who knows maybe some "wildcat" ... sorry ,i said a dirty word :)

I could see Pat White 2.0 and then compete for starter year two. He would bring some excitment to the team (for Ross)

Also the new OC used Cribbs effectively and Newton CAN actually pass the ball.

Sorry .... I know this is a no wildcat zone and I realize Ceveland's offense was offensive :)

~~~ GO FINS ~~~

HELL YEA finally we could actually pick somebody we will be excited about.

As much as the Dolphins throw misinformation out there, I don't know how much to trust this. I WANT to do a jig, get plastered, and call off work in celebration . . . But, I just can't trust it. If it's true, we should be willing to do everything necessary to go get him.

I also would like to state that rotoworld is generally accurate about the fins information they spit out

Of all the QB's coming out I believe he has the most upside. The same could be said about Russell and V. Young and we saw how that worked out. Maybe Chad P. will stick around to teach him how to study ... and throw short passes :)

If Miami drafts him they better have a great QB coach. Cam's mechanics have much to be desired on the pro level. I hope Dorrell is up to the task.

If we draft Cam Newton, it means the Dolphins have no interest in winning a Super Bowl. They just want to be entertaining, and sell tickets.

A diva receiver (Brandon Marshall) AND a running QB (Cam Newton)?

Looking at all past Super Bowl winners..

- Diva receivers are extremely rare. The 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs w/Keyshawn Johnson are one of the few exceptions.

- Running QBs are even more rare. Steve Young is the closest thing, but he was never a real running QB like Cam Newton. In college, Steve Young's rushing yds were 12% of his offensive yards. In the NFL, Steve Young's rushing yds were 11% of his offensive yards. Cam Newton's rushing yds are 34% of his offensive yards. There is no real comparison between Steve Young & Cam Newton.

Diva receivers & running QBs are fun and entertaining. But they're not a good fit if you want to win a Super Bowl.

Of all the QB's coming out I believe he has the most upside. The same can be said about Russell and V. Young and we saw how that worked out. Maybe Chad P. will stick around to teach him how to study ... and throw short passes :)

Ugh, I hope not. I'm sick and tired of the "dink and dunk" conservative mentality. Pennington is the definition of that philosphy. Can we leave 2008 in the past where it belongs?

Back
Top Bottom