Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board

man would this make me happy like a 8 yr old on xmas eve

If we draft Cam Newton, it means the Dolphins have no interest in winning a Super Bowl. They just want to be entertaining, and sell tickets.

A diva receiver (Brandon Marshall) AND a running QB (Cam Newton)?

Looking at all past Super Bowl winners..

- Diva receivers are extremely rare. The 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs w/Keyshawn Johnson are one of the few exceptions.

- Running QBs are even more rare. Steve Young is the closest thing, but he was never a real running QB like Cam Newton. In college, Steve Young's rushing yds were 12% of his offensive yards. In the NFL, Steve Young's rushing yds were 11% of his offensive yards. Cam Newton's rushing yds are 34% of his offensive yards. There is no real comparison between Steve Young & Cam Newton.

Diva receivers & running QBs are fun and entertaining. But they're not a good fit if you want to win a Super Bowl.

So I guess you're saying Aaron Rogers is a running QB too then since they both scramble on passing plays about the same amount of time. Ben Roethlisberger is a running QB too by your logic. So I guess that not a good fit if you want to win a Super Bowl line is BS. A running QB is a QB that runs a lot of the time on passing plays. Cam Newton only did that I think 12% of the time last year. Cam Newton isn't a running QB, he's a QB who can run. Big difference.

{Ugh, I hope not. I'm sick and tired of the "dink and dunk" conservative mentality. Pennington is the definition of that philosphy. Can we leave 2008 in the past where it belongs?}

Pennington was like that because of all the injuries plus never had a strong arm to start with. That's why I said it jokingly. From what i've heard he was the first there in the morning and the last to leave. Studied like a bandit and stated after to work with the recievers. You got to admit the guy has the heart for the game you want and that would be good for any new QB. Personally I think if he's not hurt we win a couple more games at the end of the year. Who knows ?

So I guess you're saying Aaron Rogers is a running QB too

Nope. Aaron Rodgers rushing yds were 6% of his offensive yards (college), and 7% of his offensive yards (NFL).

If we have a running QB (Cam Newton) and diva receiver (Brandon Marshall), we will not win a Super Bowl.

Just because someone is at the top of a draft board, it doesn't mean the team will even try to get him. Most teams have top 5 players "at the top" of their draft boards. Last season, Suh was probably at the top of our draft board. Doesn't mean we were gonna go get him...

If we draft Cam Newton, it means the Dolphins have no interest in winning a Super Bowl. They just want to be entertaining, and sell tickets.

- Diva receivers are extremely rare. The 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs w/Keyshawn Johnson are one of the few exceptions.

- Running QBs are even more rare. Steve Young is the closest thing, but he was never a real running QB like Cam Newton. In college, Steve Young's rushing yds were 12% of his offensive yards. In the NFL, Steve Young's rushing yds were 11% of his offensive yards. Cam Newton's rushing yds are 34% of his offensive yards. There is no real comparison between Steve Young & Cam Newton.

Diva receivers & running QBs are fun and entertaining. But they're not a good fit if you want to win a Super Bowl.

Santonio Holmes was the Super Bowl MVP. Mike Wallace was considered to have character issues and he was in the super bowl this year. Randy Moss' team went 16-0 and went to the Super Bowl. And the Giants had a diva is locked up and they were in the Super Bowl. Come on dude. How was Brandon even a diva last year?

Sounds like a move to make the fans happy and excited. Especially with Daboll's offense favoring the QB to audible and call the plays on his own. If Newton succeeds in the NFL, our offense can be very good.

I doubt he would be ready to play year one but who knows maybe some "wildcat" ... sorry ,i said a dirty word :)

I could see Pat White 2.0 and then compete for starter year two. He would bring some excitment to the team (for Ross)

Also the new OC used Cribbs effectively and Newton CAN actually pass the ball.

Sorry .... I know this is a no wildcat zone and I realize Ceveland's offense was offensive :)

~~~ GO FINS ~~~

Pat White 2.0? Except hes six inches taller and 60 pounds heavier...also faster, has a better arm and is not scared to take a hit.

Just because someone is at the top of a draft board, it doesn't mean the team will even try to get him. Most teams have top 5 players "at the top" of their draft boards. Last season, Suh was probably at the top of our draft board. Doesn't mean we were gonna go get him...

If Suh was there at 12 we would have rushed Goodells *** up to the podium with Suhs name on the card. If Cam is at the top of our board and hes there at 15, I believe they would pick him.

I hear what you're saying and understand your logic, but take this into consideration:

Someone on the draft forum broke down his pass -vs- running plays. Which showed how many of his runs were "designed" runs instead of "I have the athleticism so I'm just gonna take off", and the percentage of the latter was pretty low. This tells me that his running was the result of his OC taking advantage of a QB that has the ability to run.

Almost 3,000 yards passing with a 30:7 Touchdown to INT ratio as a passer is far from shabby.

I'm not pro-Cam, but I think the logic you're using is a bit unfair. It's not his fault he had the athleticism and the coaching staff used it, ala designed QB draws and delays.

Nope. Aaron Rodgers rushing yds were 6% of his offensive yards (college), and 7% of his offensive yards (NFL).

If we have a running QB (Cam Newton) and diva receiver (Brandon Marshall), we will not win a Super Bowl.

And that has what to do with anything?Aaron Rodgers runs on 8% of passing plays. Cam Newton runs on 12% of passing plays. The vast majority of his rushing yards comes on designed runs. Cam Newton is not a running QB, he's a QB who can run.

I would be so happy to draft Cam Newton!!! He has a great arm and accuracy... All he needs to learn is a pro style offense and he will be a good one!!! I will be the first one to get his jersey!!! Only thing is this may be a smokescreen...

Santonio Holmes was the Super Bowl MVP. Mike Wallace was considered to have character issues and he was in the super bowl this year. Randy Moss' team went 16-0 and went to the Super Bowl. And the Giants had a diva is locked up and they were in the Super Bowl. Come on dude. How was Brandon even a diva last year?

Terrell Owens was a diva, he played in Super Bowl. Michael Irvin was one hell of a diva too. Played in several Super Bowls.

Santonio Holmes was the Super Bowl MVP. Mike Wallace was considered to have character issues and he was in the super bowl this year.

I'm not talking about character issues.

I'm talking about diva receivers, with their bratty immature on-field behavior.

Just google "diva receiver" and you'll see Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Brandon Marshall, Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss.

Back
Top Bottom