Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board

I'm not talking about character issues.

I'm talking about diva receivers, with their bratty immature on-field behavior.

Just google "diva receiver" and you'll see Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Brandon Marshall, Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss.

Yet 3 of those played in a Super Bowl.

I also would like to state that rotoworld is generally accurate about the fins information they spit out

Not sure how they know anything since we haven't even seen the combine yet and I doubt we even have a serious draft board at this time

I'm sure with the new Jeff Ireland
that once they do have a draft board he will invite rotoworld,bleaker,PFF to take a peak

He would certainly fit the new Stephen Ross mandate of "wide open and spread it out" type of offense. The off the field stuff with his father still bothers me.

The NFL is gonna eat this guy up. He has bust written all over him-Cam Newton aka Vince Young Jr.-No thanks, signed concearned dolphin fan

Better get ready to move up Mr. Ross.

Of all past Super Bowl winners, there's only one example of a diva reciever (2002 Bucs w/Keyshawn).

I'm sure Terrell Owens and Randy Moss diva attitudes are the reasons their team lost the Super Bowl.

Just face it. Being a diva WR, has no bearing on not making a Super Bowl. Please, tell me when being a diva WR has made any significant impact on the football field. And Cam Newton is not a running QB, proven by the fact he only runs the ball 12% of the time on passing plays. Running QB's and QB's who can run are totally different. Just stop with the false statements, please.

I'm not talking about character issues.

I'm talking about diva receivers, with their bratty immature on-field behavior.

Just google "diva receiver" and you'll see Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Brandon Marshall, Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss.

Didnt realize diva only pertained to on the field. Even with your definition, Plaxico (2007) Moss(2007) and Holmes(MVP and 2011 championship game) and Michael Irvin make super bowl appearances.

What about straight up boxing on the field in the middle of the game? Is Andre Johnson a diva?

If we draft Cam Newton, it means the Dolphins have no interest in winning a Super Bowl. They just want to be entertaining, and sell tickets.

A diva receiver (Brandon Marshall) AND a running QB (Cam Newton)?

Looking at all past Super Bowl winners..

- Diva receivers are extremely rare. The 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs w/Keyshawn Johnson are one of the few exceptions.

- Running QBs are even more rare. Steve Young is the closest thing, but he was never a real running QB like Cam Newton. In college, Steve Young's rushing yds were 12% of his offensive yards. In the NFL, Steve Young's rushing yds were 11% of his offensive yards. Cam Newton's rushing yds are 34% of his offensive yards. There is no real comparison between Steve Young & Cam Newton.

Diva receivers & running QBs are fun and entertaining. But they're not a good fit if you want to win a Super Bowl.

I am no fan of Newton, I think he is a phoney, and could very easily be a one year wonder, but your comment on running QB's is absurd.

Aaron Rogers ran for 356 yards last year. Ben ran for almost 200 in a shortened season, and he has run for over 200 before. Both of this years QB's devasted opposing defenses all year long picking up chunks of yardage and 1st downs at strategic moments in games.

Having an athletic QB is most assuredly a positive, and should be considered a plus in any prospects resume.

What are you thinking??

Nope. Aaron Rodgers rushing yds were 6% of his offensive yards (college), and 7% of his offensive yards (NFL).

If we have a running QB (Cam Newton) and diva receiver (Brandon Marshall), we will not win a Super Bowl.

Anyone who has studied Newton will tell you that he's a pass-first QB. When the play is a designed pass, he's looking to throw the ball. His rushing production cam via designed runs, and I don't see why you'd knock a guy for being a great athlete. Because, that's all you're doing.

Aaron Rogers ran for 356 yards last year.

Aaron Rodgers rushing yds were 6% of his offensive yards (college), and 7% of his offensive yards (NFL).

Having an athletic QB is most assuredly a positive, and should be considered a plus in any prospects resume.

I have no problem with athletic QBs. If a QB clocks a 4.4 in the 40, I will not hold it against him.

But if 34% of his offensive yardage comes from rushing, that's a problem in the NFL. To win the Super Bowl, you have to play 19-20 NFL games all the way through. You don't want your star QB constantly getting leveled by guys like Ray Lewis. You want a pocket passer. Virtually all Super Bowl winning teams are built around pocket passers.

Back
Top Bottom