Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board

I will be pissed off if the Dolphins move up to draft Newton.

Pissed off.

guys come on here, what are yall thinking????? Cam Newton, REALY? Yet another 5 or more years of disappointment

Aaron Rodgers rushing yds were 6% of his offensive yards (college), and 7% of his offensive yards (NFL).

I have no problem with athletic QBs. If a QB clocks a 4.4 in the 40, I will not hold it against him.

But if 34% of his offensive yardage comes from rushing, that's a problem in the NFL. To win the Super Bowl, you have to play 19-20 NFL games all the way through. You don't want your star QB constantly getting leveled by guys like Ray Lewis. You want a pocket passer. Virtually all Super Bowl winning teams are built around pocket passers.

Why do you keep bringing this up. How much % of his offense came on rushing yards, has no bearing on anything. It doesn't make him a running QB. Running with the ball on designed passes makes you a running QB. Cam Newton doesn't do that. When he's running a designed passing play, he passes it 88% of the time. He's not a running QB, plain and simple, somehow you're failing to realize this.

Aaron Rodgers rushing yds were 6% of his offensive yards (college), and 7% of his offensive yards (NFL).

I have no problem with athletic QBs. If a QB clocks a 4.4 in the 40, I will not hold it against him.

But if 34% of his offensive yardage comes from rushing, that's a problem in the NFL. To win the Super Bowl, you have to play 19-20 NFL games all the way through. You don't want your star QB constantly getting leveled by guys like Ray Lewis. You want a pocket passer. Virtually all Super Bowl winning teams are built around pocket passers.

As long as the OC isnt calling QB runs every time, that shouldnt be a worry. Plus everyone thinks that when he does run, he wont get **** in the NFL. Tebow is breaking 40+yards in the NFL. I can see Cam trucking NFL defenders in the future. I saw Big Ben run into a defender a couple of times in the SB and knock the defender back.

guys come on here, what are yall thinking????? Cam Newton, REALY? Yet another 5 or more years of disappointment
I agree!!!! Do people really think that he will put in the extra work it takes to be a GOOD QB in this league

No offense, but it's clear your opinion is misinformed. The stats you bring up have no bearing on anything.

I agree!!!! Do people really think that he will put in the extra work it takes to be a GOOD QB in this league

That's what scouting and interviewing is for. They'll do their due dillligence to make sure they're not taking a lazy kid (if they truly plan on taking him).

I dont know the guy, so I wouldnt be able to tell you. Do you think he wont put in the extra work? If so, why? Or is it an assumption?

This year I rather we go for a high risk, high reward player, rather than a "safe" player. Cam is very high risk, very high reward.

Back
Top Bottom