Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Atop Fins Draft Board

Plaxico Burress?
And its pretty convenient to leave out hoe many "diva" receivers have been to a SB recently. To imply that you cant win with them is inaccurate. TO, Moss and Steve Smith in recent years come to mind immediately. Their teams didnt lose because of them being divas. TO had an incredible game.

Last edited by a moderator:
And its pretty convenient to leave out hoe many "diva" receivers have been to a SB recently. To imply that you cant win with them is inaccurate. TO, Moss and Steve Smith in recent years come to mind immediately. Their teams didnt lose because of them being divas. TO had an incredible game.

Yea the argument that somehow a WR being a "diva" has much effect on what happens on the football field, is quite ridiculous.

So let me understand that the knock on C.Newton from some here is that a larger percentage of his offense is from running yards. So when comparing him to A.Rodgers and B.Rapesburger he has a much wider margin in running yards but doesn't really run % wise a lot more then they do. So can we not conclude that the fact is that when forced to run Cam has great results at it while Arron and Ben are just good. Please explain to me how that could possibly be a negative?

Another knock is we want explosive play makers and trading up to get Cam would hinder the ability to draft these players. I only see explosive plays out of this guy time after time so where does that logic make any sense.

Knock him for a lack of experience as a starter but it's just plain ignorant to knock him at being great running the ball when it's designed to do so and it's equally ignorant to say he's not an explosive play maker, the guy is a walking highlight reel!

I understand that some people don't like him but you need to come up with better then this!

i am more against trading up than drafting newton

This is why I said that "the facts are on the film" reguarding Cam Newton.. He's always been a pocket passer going all the way back to high school..

Gus Malzahn designed his offense around Cam Newton's rare talent as a runner. You HAVE to be able to run the football in the SEC to come out on top. He was asked to do more from a pocket passing perspective in high school than he was in Malzahn's offense at Auburn.

The only case I can make for myself in favor of Cam Newton is this...

You're not going to get anywhere by AVOIDING the quarterback position and going bargain shopping as Miami likes to do...

..and secondly, there's really no quarterback in this particular class that's CLEARLY worth passing up Cam Newton for.

There's certainly guys that I'm more comfortable with for a variety of reasons, but the bottom line is,.. I don't view any quarterback in this class as a legitimate franchise caliber quarterback.

If you're going to just take a blind stab at potential and cast aside the bust factor, you might as well make Cam Newton that guy.

You're not getting anywhere by NOT busting out on quarterbacks...
Great way of looking at it that I hadn't really thought about. Great post as usual Slimm.

If Newton does fall to #15 and they do select him, I would still be hopeful that they would draft TJ Yates as well in the mid rounds.

I don't get the J. Russel and Vince Young comparisons why??? I would compare this guy more to Ben Rothlesburger than anyone else in the NFL. Why so many people are afraid of this guy b/c they think he will end up like J. Russel is insane, Russel you could tell from the very beginning was not gonna be good in the NFL I could tell by just looking and listening to the guy that he was not a hard worker and not very bright. Russel was big but he was very out of shape and probably had a body fat percentage higher to the lineman than to the average NFL Qb. Look at Cam Newton (as someone has already stated) you don't get to be 6'6 250 and 6%BF if your not a gym rat and a hard worker. And whoever said they don't want there QB taking hits all day running downfield from guys like Ray Lewis well I got some news for you 6'6 250lb guys who are as solid as Cam Newton and run a 4.4 4.5 whatever he runs these guys don't take hits they deliver them. This guy isn't Pat White running down the field getting crushed people. Please please Miami Dolphins for once draft the guy that us fans will finally be excited about and want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd be surprised. I know plenty of dudes who bust dick in the gym but they're lazy as hell on the job.

Come to think of it, I'm one of those guys.

:lol:

I agree. But I've not heard anything about him being lazy on the job.

You'd be surprised. I know plenty of dudes who bust dick in the gym but they're lazy as hell on the job.

Come to think of it, I'm one of those guys.

:lol:

But for Cam Newton "busting dick" in the gym IS a big part of his job, especially since he was relied upon so heavily by Auburn as the team's #1 tailback in addition to quarterback. All that weight room work is why he could show the tremendous power he did.

Great way of looking at it that I hadn't really thought about. Great post as usual Slimm.

If Newton does fall to #15 and they do select him, I would still be hopeful that they would draft TJ Yates as well in the mid rounds.

Ted, you need to realize the tj yates is awful, if he becomes a starter in the nfl i will convert to the cfl. i watch all the unc games he is trash, he has one great game out of like 6 he is very inconsistent. kind of reminds me of chad heene at one point you go man he looks good and then most of the time you just shake your head at how bad he is when you watch him.

i do like cam newton it would be good to go after a dual threat qb hopefully we get a great oline built in front of him, if we were to get him.

Ted, you need to realize the tj yates is awful, if he becomes a starter in the nfl i will convert to the cfl. i watch all the unc games he is trash, he has one great game out of like 6 he is very inconsistent. kind of reminds me of chad heene at one point you go man he looks good and then most of the time you just shake your head at how bad he is when you watch him.

i do like cam newton it would be good to go after a dual threat qb hopefully we get a great oline built in front of him, if we were to get him.

T.J. Yates is not awful. I have seen as many of his 2010 games as you have, and I have no doubt that I have scrutinized his play more closely than you have. He is a good player and a good draft prospect.

Back
Top Bottom