Cam Newton Projected to Fall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Projected to Fall

Big Daddy 13

Rookie
Reaction score
Walter-Football has us taking Newton at 15 this year. This guy has gotten a lot of picks right in past mock drafts so we'll see. Says that this would make sense for us because Ross wants to put butts in the seats and make the Dolphins more exciting.Ross is like a dork who had always dreamed of sitting with the jocks and cheerleaders at lunch.

I don't think he's going to fall to us. That's my opinion. I think when all is said and done there are too many teams in need of a QB that pick ahead of us and all it takes is one of them to be sold on him. He may end up going so high that we wonder why we ever ended up discussing him at #15...a lot like what happened with Phil Rivers.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/auburns_heisman_winner_working.html

i've read some stuff where scouts were talking at the senior bowl about how cecil newton is gonna hurt cams stock...think i read it on national football post

i don't think sparano and ireland would take cam anyways...as much as i hate to say it

If they like Colin Kaepernick, then they like Cam Newton. They may not advertise it, though...for obvious reasons.

kaepernick imo has major project written all over him...i hope they don't plan on winning with him in 2011 if they do go that route...

If they like Colin Kaepernick, then they like Cam Newton. They may not advertise it, though...for obvious reasons.

I'm not so sure about that... not with the amount they favor "the prototype," which Kaepernick fits much more than Newton.

I really don't see them investing in a rookie QB to save their jobs. On top of that, they need the 2nd rounder so IMO they will trade down and get the BPA playmaker at that spot.

Question for CK. You think Kyle Rudolph is worth a late first round pick?

I'm not so sure about that... not with the amount they favor "the prototype," which Kaepernick fits much more than Newton.

Well, particullarly the 4 year starter rule or however thats exactly defined(number of starts?).

I'm not sure that will stop them from rolling the dice on a candidate with these kinds of skills.

I really don't see them investing in a rookie QB to save their jobs. On top of that, they need the 2nd rounder so IMO they will trade down and get the BPA playmaker at that spot.

Not for this team, no.

A trade down scenario could work out if Ryan Mallett falls and they were able to take him. I may not like his decision-making when the pressure gets in on him, but a big part of that is just an attitude thing, and that particular weakness is not to be confused with ability to beat the blitz. He has the ability to beat the blitz, especially from shotgun. This league is turning into a league where the shotgun is used on half to two-thirds of passing plays, and I think that Sparano put together this staff on the basis of tossing out this 25% shotgun sh-t (which is how often we were in the gun with Henne in 2010) and bringing the passing offense into the 21st century. Ryan Mallett is a good shotgun quarterback. But you have to teach him to throw the ball away. You have to teach him the value of unselfish plays, unselfish throws. He needs touch and placement on the short stuff, learn the value of RAC...learn the value of the throwaway...learn the value of the touch pass.

Plus if he's got a little coke habit he obviously needs to get off that.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Parcells isn't there anymore.

They struck out on two Parcells QBs because they were slaves to "the profile".

Its funny, I see it just the opposite, the best chance of them convincing the fan base in general that this organization is heading in the right direction and in the right hands is to find the true quarterback with the playmaking ability to take this team all the way in the future.

It seems to me to rely on Henne or some other castoff Vet becoming something he has not shown is far riskier.

Not for this team, no.

A trade down scenario could work out if Ryan Mallett falls and they were able to take him. I may not like his decision-making when the pressure gets in on him, but a big part of that is just an attitude thing, and that particular weakness is not to be confused with ability to beat the blitz. He has the ability to beat the blitz, especially from shotgun. This league is turning into a league where the shotgun is used on half to two-thirds of passing plays, and I think that Sparano put together this staff on the basis of tossing out this 25% shotgun sh-t (which is how often we were in the gun with Henne in 2010) and bringing the passing offense into the 21st century. Ryan Mallett is a good shotgun quarterback. But you have to teach him to throw the ball away. You have to teach him the value of unselfish plays, unselfish throws. He needs touch and placement on the short stuff, learn the value of RAC...learn the value of the throwaway...learn the value of the touch pass.

Plus if he's got a little coke habit he obviously needs to get off that.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Parcells isn't there anymore.

They struck out on two Parcells QBs because they were slaves to "the profile".

Beat me to it.

why the heck is kyle rudolph not GREAT value for our team in a trade down scenario??? if the answer is he can't threaten teams down the seam or separate in man to man i absolutely disagree

Back
Top Bottom