Can A Player be the Best Ever and Not Have a Ring? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can A Player be the Best Ever and Not Have a Ring?

Williams34Phins said:
A ring is a team achievement.... not an idividual achievement. You hear this arguement over and over, but would Jordan be any less of a player if he didn't have a ring?

Probably not but then again, in hoops, a dominate player like Jordan can singlehandedly take control of a game where as in football, one player cannot.

DeDolfan said:
Probably not but then again, in hoops, a dominate player like Jordan can singlehandedly take control of a game where as in football, one player cannot.
exactly football is more of a team sport. to anyone who thinks a qb makes or breaks the game is wrong. don't get me wrong a great qb is very important, but my point is that no matter how great of a qb u have he can't do everything by himself. w/ nobody to throw to, or nobody to help run the ball ur qb is kinda useless

FinSinceBirth said:
exactly football is more of a team sport. to anyone who thinks a qb makes or breaks the game is wrong. don't get me wrong a great qb is very important, but my point is that no matter how great of a qb u have he can't do everything by himself. w/ nobody to throw to, or nobody to help run the ball ur qb is kinda useless

That's a great quote! Very well said!

yes lets see...Barry Sanders was probably the best runningback ever and didnt have a ring

Team achievements do not make a player great, and vice versa. A player can be the greatest ever without winning a title.

iceblizzard69 said:
Team achievements do not make a player great, and vice versa. A player can be the greatest ever without winning a title.

Dwight Stephenson also comes to mind! ;)

What alot of you are missing is that the QB position is measured by wins. This leads into the rings.Any coach in the NFL will tell you they measure a QB by wins.

ok Look at it this way, if you were to measure great qbs by the number of rings then you'd be saying that qb's like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon & Jeff Hostetler were all better than Marino, now is that true? DUH HELL NO! but they all have more rings than Marino does. So you can not measure a QB's greatness by superbowl rings.....Sorry. :shakeno:

Driven said:
What alot of you are missing is that the QB position is measured by wins. This leads into the rings.Any coach in the NFL will tell you they measure a QB by wins.

careful what you say !! Some ppl will want to include Fiedler in this !!

:roflmao:

Driven said:

That is so not true! Take a player like Barry Sanders arguably one of the Best RB to ever play! If he hadn't retired Emmitt would still be chasing HIS record!
With that said he didn't have a lot of wins! Wins is a team stat! A guy can be great but if his team sucks he can only do so much! A QB could score 12 TD's but if his D lets up 13 then he loses! Does that mean he isn't a good QB because he didn't get the win? Wins are a misleading stat when compairing a single position!

DeDolfan said:
careful what you say !! Some ppl will want to include Fiedler in this !!

:roflmao:

Great example Jay had one of the best winning % that doesn't mean he's great! Just means he was on some good teams!

shalafi3455 said:
That is so not true! Take a player like Barry Sanders arguably one of the Best RB to ever play! If he hadn't retired Emmitt would still be chasing HIS record!
With that said he didn't have a lot of wins! Wins is a team stat! A guy can be great but if his team sucks he can only do so much! A QB could score 12 TD's but if his D lets up 13 then he loses! Does that mean he isn't a good QB because he didn't get the win? Wins are a misleading stat when compairing a single position!

Read my post again.

QB's are measureed by wins. I am not talking about the RB position.

Driven said:
Read my post again.

QB's are measureed by wins. I am not talking about the RB position.

No I read it and they are not measured by wins! You can have a good QB on a ****y team that doesn't win, doesn't mean he's bad! Manning is a good QB but for most of his carree he has been on crap teams that haven't won! That's not his fault his D sucks!

Back
Top Bottom