Can A Player be the Best Ever and Not Have a Ring? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can A Player be the Best Ever and Not Have a Ring?

The ring's the thing, Kelly would be considered one of the top QB's of alltime if he won 1 or 2 of the SB's. Team achievement or not, it's what every individual plays for, and it's ultimately what you're remembered for.

CirclingWagons said:
The ring's the thing, Kelly would be considered one of the top QB's of alltime if he won 1 or 2 of the SB's. Team achievement or not, it's what every individual plays for, and it's ultimately what you're remembered for.

That may be what there remembered for but it shouldn't how you determin the best player in a single position! That should be by stats not Team rings!

shalafi3455 said:
That may be what there remembered for but it shouldn't how you determin the best player in a single position! That should be by stats not Team rings!
no, it works both ways...people could say Marino has all the qb records because he never had a running game, thus forced to pass ALL THE TIME. Sorry, gotta win it to be the greatest ever IMO. I'll take Joe Montana, and yes, you guys will babble about all the talent he had, but here's a stat for you: In superbowls Montana through 11 TD's and 0 interceptions, going 4-0 in those games. Montana was a winner--"the" winner.

shalafi3455 said:
No I read it and they are not measured by wins! You can have a good QB on a ****y team that doesn't win, doesn't mean he's bad! Manning is a good QB but for most of his carree he has been on crap teams that haven't won! That's not his fault his D sucks!

Well, we agree to disagree. I measure QB's by wins. And I have read that many football coaches do the same. Obvisiously you do not.

With all this said, I think Dan was a great QB.

CirclingWagons said:
no, it works both ways...people could say Marino has all the qb records because he never had a running game, thus forced to pass ALL THE TIME. Sorry, gotta win it to be the greatest ever IMO. I'll take Joe Montana, and yes, you guys will babble about all the talent he had, but here's a stat for you: In superbowls Montana through 11 TD's and 0 interceptions, going 4-0 in those games. Montana was a winner--"the" winner.

If he is great because he won the rings and you have no other reason besides that, not that your not entitle to your opinion because you are so don't get me wrong! If he's better do you think Montana would have won all those rings with the dolphins?

shalafi3455 said:

Just one example.

Joe Namath is a HOF QB. Why? Look at his stats. They are nothing great and just medicore. But he won the SB. He is know as a winner because he lead his team to a SB win.

BTW, I gonna kiss you!

shalafi3455 said:
If he is great because he won the rings and you have no other reason besides that, not that your not entitle to your opinion because you are so don't get me wrong! If he's better do you think Montana would have won all those rings with the dolphins?
you can't use hypotheticals.."what if this", "what if that". I see so many people say "if Marino had TD those 2 years like Elway did, he would've won it too." Are you people on phucking crack?...Marino was mediocre at best his last 2 years, Elway was still one of the best.
Here ya go, what if we had Steve Christie instead of Norwood for Superbowl XXV?

What if Dan was on the niners?
what if he was on the cardinals?

what if the world stopped spinning? :eek:

Driven said:
Well, we agree to disagree. I measure QB's by wins. And I have read that many football coaches do the same. Obvisiously you do not.

With all this said, I think Dan was a great QB.

Well let's put it this way NFL.com doesn't even keep that stat for a position! I looked I can't find it!

CirclingWagons said:
you can't use hypotheticals.."what if this", "what if that". I see so many people say "if Marino had TD those 2 years like Elway did, he would've won it too." Are you people on phucking crack?...Marino was mediocre at best his last 2 years, Elway was still one of the best.
Here ya go, what if we had Steve Christie instead of Norwood for Superbowl XXV?

What if Dan was on the niners?
what if he was on the cardinals?

what if the world stopped spinning? :eek:

My point was your argument for why Montana is better is because of rings! That's a chick **** argument because you have nothing else to base your statment off of! If montana was better he should have better stats and he doesn't! The thing everyone says well he passed more and that's suppose to be a bad that! SB are a team thing you can't win a SB by yourself so it's dumb to say he's better JUST because of a ring! That would mean Dilfer is better to I guess!

shalafi3455 said:
Well let's put it this way NFL.com doesn't even keep that stat for a position! I looked I can't find it!

Well wins is an important stat to me, that's all.

shalafi3455 said:
My point was your argument for why Montana is better is because of rings! That's a chick **** argument because you have nothing else to base your statment off of! If montana was better he should have better stats and he doesn't! The thing everyone says well he passed more and that's suppose to be a bad that! SB are a team thing you can't win a SB by yourself so it's dumb to say he's better JUST because of a ring! That would mean Dilfer is better to I guess!
You Dolphin fans always hide behind the Dilfer excuse when someone doesn't say Dan's the best.

Dilfer=not a great qb, not even a good qb really

Marino=great qb, no ring

Montana= great qb, 4 rings

Elway=great qb, 2 rings

Are you gonna deny that Elway and Montana were great now?
Sorry, but when you have to choose between 2 great qbs, I'll take the one with the hardware thank you.

shalafi3455 said:

90% of the public and people associated with the NFL will say that Montana is a better QB than Dan. That is an accurate statement.

CirclingWagons said:
not just wins, playoff wins...and Brady is perfect in that category :(

I am still amazed by that. The kid knows how to win.

Back
Top Bottom