Can Burke turn last year’s so-so defense into a top unit? | Analysis | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Burke turn last year’s so-so defense into a top unit? | Analysis

Now we're making an excuse for one part of our team, that our offense took awhile to gel? But we don't forego the stats that say we had the worst defense in Dolphins history even though our scoring defense was slightly below average and our takeaways was above average and we did that fielding a bottom 5 LB unit and a horrible back 4?

I mean, what are we even arguing at this point? Last year's defense wasn't the worst in the NFL, and not even close really. And neither was our offense... we were an average overall team with the offense pulling their weight a little more than the D but a team that overachieved due to good coaching on BOTH sides of the ball. We have better talent on the defense so hopefully they can do more for us this season than they did last season.

The defense stunk it up from the lack of effort, bad player evaluation, and poor posistion drafting, i seen players trailing plays but not making plays, i seen the nickel corner get beat game in and game out with no change, i see maxwell playing zone on 3rd down and 3, there were no ballhawks on this team last season, i this team lose games when all they had to do is to get a 1st down to seal up a victory, that comes from the defense being put in the wrong alignment or the wrong defense, Suh, Wake, were the only players on defense that was worth their salt, their were 0 pressure from the right side of the defense even when they doubled suh, and wake. The Linebackers were trash they played soft the whole season, wasn't recognizing different sets, wasn't trying to fill gaps and getting MANHANDLED by everyone, even Kiko. The defense should be better than 29th in the league, but don't expect them to be in the teens because some of the same players exist on this years team (Bobby McCain, Neville Hewitt, Jordan Phillips, Micheal Thomas) I don't know what's grading system is for players but they need to throw it away or revamp it and just just the plain ole eyes and maybe they will see why the defense has been bad for years.

This week Adam Gase said that Andre Branch is a much better player than he was last year. Sounds like he may have been working his butt off this off-season. Maybe some motivation courtesy of the 22nd overall pick?

Linebacking and secondary(Jones missed most of the season) should be vastly improved...D-Line should be better with Hayes and if Harris is as good as advertised.

I see this defense jumping into the top half of the league...which could be enough for a very good season for the team overall.

This week Adam Gase said that Andre Branch is a much better player than he was last year. Sounds like he may have been working his butt off this off-season. Maybe some motivation courtesy of the 22nd overall pick?
Well if you go off of reports from camp (which isn't everything I admit) branch is getting manhandled while Harris is impressive

Back
Top Bottom