Carroo better pan out.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carroo better pan out....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Didn't realize what we gave up in order to move up and draft him until just now.

What we gave up, other than swapping picks with the Vikings, was our 3rd round pick in 2017 and a 4th round pick in 2017 if it is a compensatory pick, otherwise the Vikings gets our next lowest pick (our normal 4th round selection).

So in 2017 we have:
1st round pick
2nd
Conditional 4th
5th
6th
7th

Now, we were projected (or at least thought of) to get compensatory picks for Vernon (at best a 3rd) and Miller (at best a 4th). It looks like the 3rd will hold for Vernon, but the 4th for Miller will actually be a 5th. Meaning we gave up our 2017 3rd round and 4th round picks for Carroo. That is a lot to give up for sone player, especially when we have so many needs. While comp picks are nice they are still at the end of the round, meaning there could be a lot of players coming off the board (of need) between our pick in the 2nd round and our comp pick in the 3rd, then again until we pick in the 5th. Comp picks can be traded so there is maybe a possibility of movement, but we would have to give up more in order to move those picks.

So now our 2017 draft will be:
1st
2nd
3rd comp
5th
5th comp
6th
7th

Don't know where you're getting your information that the Miller pick will be a 5th. As it stands it's projected to be a 4th.

I just hope Gase can beat the idea of building through the draft into tbaum's pea sized brain

i dont expect much to change in 2017 draft....i suspect tannebaum will move around draft picks, make trades, and try to make splashes.

so out of our 7 picks i would only anticipate getting 5 players....just my common sense take on what tbaum will do which is best evidenced by what he's done his entire career

Tbaum scares me and thus Gase panning out unfortunately probably means that Tbaum stays.

Don't know where you're getting your information that the Miller pick will be a 5th. As it stands it's projected to be a 4th.

Overthecap.com has the Miller pick as a comp 5th rounder.

And the next lowest pick would not be the 4th rounder it would be the 5th.

So our 2017 picks should be:
1st
2nd
3rd comp
4th
5th comp
6th
7th

That is where the confusion is. The deal was for the 4th round comp pick, but if that wasn't awarded then it would be for the next lowest pick. That doesn't mean the 5th, it means the 4th.

If Miami is awarded a compensatory selection in the fourth round of next year’s draft, it will be sent to Minnesota. If the Dolphins are not awarded a compensatory selection, the Vikings will receive the Dolphins next lowest pick (or only one) that round. A rule change this year allowed for trading of compensatory selections beginning in 2017.

http://www.vikings.com/news/feature...Dolphins/0aed3742-3bf2-4c1b-bd2e-5da9d7e899ee

That is where the confusion is. The deal was for the 4th round comp pick, but if that wasn't awarded then it would be for the next lowest pick. That doesn't mean the 5th, it means the 4th.

4th rounder
4th rounder comp
5th rounder

What would be the definition of "next" in this scenario if the conditional pick is for the 4th round comp pick? If it's not the 5th round pick then they need to re-word their explanation.

Every article I have seen has said 4th. If it ends up being a 5th then I stand corrected but I haven't seen anything to state otherwise yet.

Either way it was a horrible trade by t-dumb. You don't trade a 3 and a 4 for a guy that at best this year could be the 4 WR and next year at best can be the 3 WR. If you have a great team and you're just looking for one player then fine but when you're trying to build your team and have holes everywhere then you don't do that. T-dumb runs the draft as if it's all about him making a splash. It's not about that, it's about building the whole team and plugging holes. So now we only have 7 picks with no multiple picks in any round and with t-dumb we'll probably draft 5 players and use a couple of more picks from 2018....smh

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom