Carroo better pan out.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carroo better pan out....

If the FO ends up trying to compensate the Caroo selection by not paying Landry and justify it by claiming they fit similar molds . . .

anger-inside-out.jpg

Let's not go there.

Besides, I just got one of my kids a Landry Jersey for xmas, I dont want to lump it in with all the other obsolete bull**** kid jerseys I have in my house. (Hi mike ****ing wallace, Lamar Miller, et al...)

I actually thought he made the trade to select Josh perry, inebacker of ohio state. The guy that could play all linebacking position. We he picked caroo, I was like wtf. This guy drafts zero linebacker in last draft.

Lol you act as if stills is an all pro receiver bringing huge big play ability. There is nothingg stills can do that parker can't. Carroo should be an all around better player than stills once he settles in. He has better hands,crisp route runner (atleast he was in college), big bodied receiver that will go up for the ball and he is a very physical run blocker which we've seen in a few plays this year when he's gotten on the field. In terms of speed to stretch the field, i expect grant to do that eventually when the coaches let him play offense more. In terms of straight line deep threat, grant is way faster than stills. With that said id like stills back but if the price isnt right, i dont believe he's worth keeping just because he has a semi decent ability to stretch the field.

Kenny Stills is the #1 WR in the NFL with 17.9 yards per catch.

:owned1:

Why dont we see what the kid can do before we declare it horrible... i dont think the coaching staff knew what they had in stills or is planning on letting stills walk in free agency. If gase wanted him enough to trafe up for him then i trust the move. So what we swapped picking in the 3rd this year for last year and a fourth that most picks dont turn out anyways. Carroo was rated as late 1st/ 2nd rd prospect anyways so we got decent value.

I'm not bashing Carroo. I think he'll most likely be a good #3 WR in the NFL but you don't use 3 picks for that unless that's all you need. He's not a bad player but it was still a bad trade.Sometimes you just need the draft to come to you instead of trying to act like you're smarter than everyone else. That's the problem with t-dumb. He see thinks nobody else see and never seems to learn his lesson. After the sanchez situation you'd think he has learn something but I guess he hasn't

Ozzy rules!!

Ozzy rules!!

If the FO ends up trying to compensate the Caroo selection by not paying Landry and justify it by claiming they fit similar molds . . .

anger-inside-out.jpg

Not going to happen. Stop pushing this agenda, there's no reason to believe it. Getting yourself worked up over 2 off-seasons from now over an idea that has no credibility is ridiculous.

Not going to happen. Stop pushing this agenda, there's no reason to believe it. Getting yourself worked up over 2 off-seasons from now over an idea that has no credibility is ridiculous.

It's not an agenda., it's a small yet legitimate worry in the back of my mind. And thanks for pointing out that he still has two years left on his contract, for some reason I was under the impression that he needed to be addressed this coming offseason.

I didnt realize Carroo was a 3rd rounder. He definitely should be contributing way more than he is now. Or we shouldn't have used a 3rd round pick on a WR when we were already deep at the position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not an agenda., it's a small yet legitimate worry in the back of my mind. And thanks for pointing out that he still has two years left on his contract, for some reason I was under the impression that he needed to be addressed this coming offseason.

I feel like between Kiko, Tannenbaum, Maxwell and Carroo you got enough to worry about anyway pal. I wouldn't worry about them locking up Landry because they have Carroo. It's pretty clear they value Landry very highly so I just think the paranoia is a little unfounded. I'd be happy if they locked him up a year early. They really value Landry's attitude here and as long as he expects to be paid like an elite slot-receiver and not an elite #1 then I feel pretty comfortable he'll be around for a long time.

We all need some comedy today to ease the tensions on a pitiful loss. Thanks for that.

I really don't get this rhetoric. I guess if we give the coaches 100% of the credit there isn't much to go around to the guys buying the groceries. But regardless these players were brought onto a team with a huge amount of holes and this team is in the playoff mix in December. It's hard for me to argue with those results. It helps that I was onboard with a lot of what they'd done at the time. But even guys I considered head-scratchers like Branch have been key performers.

First with Caroo ability to break tackles he should be used more in the middle of the field along with Laundry. Outside of Tunsil our return on our rookies has been minimum filled with injury and we certainly paid a pretty high price for those taken early in our draft.

Somebody must have really loved Caroo and Drake to give up so much to draft them. Remember, we could have taken Caroo when we took Drake. Does anyone know who pushed so hard for these selections? Was it Gase?

I really don't get this rhetoric. I guess if we give the coaches 100% of the credit there isn't much to go around to the guys buying the groceries. But regardless these players were brought onto a team with a huge amount of holes and this team is in the playoff mix in December. It's hard for me to argue with those results. It helps that I was onboard with a lot of what they'd done at the time. But even guys I considered head-scratchers like Branch have been key performers.

It stemmed from you falsely proclaiming that we had a great offseason.

Arian Foster, and Mario Williams are busts.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and Chris Culliver never panned out due to injury.

Bushrod, Urbik, IAQ, have all been proven in one way or another to be liabilities and have played well below their expectations.

Alonso and Maxwell continue to make splash plays but on a play to play basis have been fundamentally poor.

The LB position is still a disaster and Guard, DE and CB will yet again be another need for 2017.

I get that you're trying a different path in attempting squeeze out any positives from our preseason as possible, but the drips produced doesn't' quench the thirst for success.

It stemmed from you falsely proclaiming that we had a great offseason.

Arian Foster, and Mario Williams are busts.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and Chris Culliver never panned out due to injury.

Bushrod, Urbik, IAQ, have all been proven in one way or another to be liabilities and have played well below their expectations.

Alonso and Maxwell continue to make splash plays but on a play to play basis have been fundamentally poor.

The LB position is still a disaster and Guard, DE and CB will yet again be another need for 2017.

I get that you're trying a different path in attempting squeeze out any positives from our preseason as possible, but the drips produced doesn't' quench the thirst for success.

It's not false. And you've beaten it to death regardless of what I've had to say. This was a 6 win team with more holes than could be filled in one offseason, and we're 7-5 entering week 14 with a rookie HC.

Arian foster was a minimal investment and was a veteran in a room of young RB's. We didn't lose much by rolling the dice on him. It's a mute point because Ajayi was going to supplant him based on his skillset. Mario Williams was a bust for sure, but between him and Branch is was a much better investment than bringing back Vernon.

Really Ifo? That's a real reach. Guy was a waiver pickup and a very worthwhile flier. Culliver brought in a grand total of 800K. These were talented players with upside. Just because a move doesn't work out in hindsight, doesn't make these un-worthwhile risks.

Considering your expectation was Bushrod was going to be playing in a wheelchair I don't quite see how he hasn't met expectations. He's been better than anything we turned out at RG in a few seasons...not that that's saying much. But he was a cheap investment who has played every snap and held up well enough. Urbik was a cheap depth option, who when called into action hasn't hurt us. You're just flat out wrong about IAQ.

Alonso and Maxwell have been godsends as the season has gone on. They have their flaws, but it's understandable that you continue to take such a hardline stance after being so wrong about that trade.

I'm not hear to spin or be positive, I've called this team out plenty of times for their offseasons. Your insight falls flat when everything has to be an extreme one way or another. But I do love your postings as it relates to the game on the field and I look forward to your next "I was wrong about this thread" because love reading back through those. :up:

As I said throughout the offseason, this wasn't a one year fix. If you were under that impression it probably explains why your expectations aren't being met. Many of these guys were bandaids in an effort to keep this team somewhat competitive. We have plenty of resources and have acquired plenty of building blocks in one offseason to set us up for a positive 2017.

But I do love your postings as it relates to the game on the field and I look forward to your next "I was wrong about this thread" because love reading back through those.

Well, kudos to all those who go out on a limb knowing they'll have to take a few hits sometimes in the process. Takes gumption and there's very few around here that have it while also possessing the humility to publicly admit their errors when, not if, they come.

Well, kudos to all those who go out on a limb knowing they'll have to take a few hits sometimes in the process. Takes gumption and there's very few around here that have it, while also possessing the humility to publicly admit their errors when, not if, they come.

You're clearly not smoking enough anymore.

Back
Top Bottom