Carroo better pan out.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carroo better pan out....

You're clearly not smoking enough anymore.

Like MJ, it's simply a difference in opinion. Some like Indica's, I prefer Sativa's.

Cheers, FTB. You're certainly excellent in areas (contracts, salaries, cap issues, etc) that I am clueless about.
:brewskis:

It stemmed from you falsely proclaiming that we had a great offseason.

Arian Foster, and Mario Williams are busts.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and Chris Culliver never panned out due to injury.

Bushrod, Urbik, IAQ, have all been proven in one way or another to be liabilities and have played well below their expectations.

Alonso and Maxwell continue to make splash plays but on a play to play basis have been fundamentally poor.

The LB position is still a disaster and Guard, DE and CB will yet again be another need for 2017.

I get that you're trying a different path in attempting squeeze out any positives from our preseason as possible, but the drips produced doesn't' quench the thirst for success.

I'll give you most of your points but you are way off on Alonzo and Maxwell. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some people think Alonzo could be a pro bowl selection or at least the comeback player of the year. Maxwell started slow and got benched, but he has been really good since. The biggest issue is the LB issue by far. T'Baum needs to earn his salary this next draft and FA by rebuilding the back 7 of our D. We need two starting LBs and another corner. We will have our Pro Bowl safety back and Alonzo, Howard and Maxwell are keepers. The rest is expendable back there. It will be a make or break year for a team that is getting close.

I'll give you most of your points but you are way off on Alonzo and Maxwell. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some people think Alonzo could be a pro bowl selection or at least the comeback player of the year. Maxwell started slow and got benched, but he has been really good since. The biggest issue is the LB issue by far. T'Baum needs to earn his salary this next draft and FA by rebuilding the back 7 of our D. We need two starting LBs and another corner. We will have our Pro Bowl safety back and Alonzo, Howard and Maxwell are keepers. The rest is expendable back there. It will be a make or break year for a team that is getting close.

I can appreciate that.

I really don't think my criticism of Alonso is that far off. He doesn't make impact plays in the run game at MLB (less than a handful of tackles for a loss in an attacking front 7), weak the the POA and is washed out by blockers regularly, takes poor angles far too often, and has difficulty carrying coverage. Again, makes splash plays, but is not fundamentally sound at MLB.

And if there's a Comeback Player of the Year on our roster it most certainly goes to Cameron Wake.

Tbum is about as good as throwing darts at a draft board.

Amazing how these guys justify their existence.

Back
Top Bottom