Charles Harris progress | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris progress

He's been getting a lot of snaps. He played 35 snaps last week...on running downs too. Dolphins need him to be able to play both run and pass or teams will just run the ball to his side every time he comes in the game.

He definitely got sucked in and couldn't get off a block or didn't have quick recognition on running plays more than a few times this year.

I just remember saying similar things about #91 when he first got here and his work ethic allowed him to become a 3 down player and a potential HOF when its all said and done.

I guess what I'm saying is that aspect of the game is more teachable but it is great to see him flashing those high end pass rush tools at such a young point in his career.

He's been getting a lot of snaps. He played 35 snaps last week...on running downs too. Dolphins need him to be able to play both run and pass or teams will just run the ball to his side every time he comes in the game.
To your point, there was a play where Harris over ran into the backfield going for the QB and the running back ran right past him to the inside for a 1st down play of about 9-10 yards. Fortunately the play was called back because of a penalty. It was just before Lewan went out. This is the part about Harris that he’ll need to clean up on and improve. During the pre season he was unable to disengage O-linemen and he’s begun to show signs of improvement there. I hope he continues his outstanding play of late. Miami needs him.

Harris is the least of our probs right now - give him time - the Wake Post was all too true - but the cheesy win is costing us a great pick to trade down or take a great player

He looked good today and appears to be getting better along with the rest of the defense. They looked a lot more physical today. It was definitely more exciting to watch the defense today than offense. Hopefully he puts Ryan on his ass next week.

He's got a ways to go. There was one play where he was basically thrown out of the play entirely by Lewan...like a child. The question will be can he maintain his current skill set with 15/20 more pounds on his frame. Remember he didn't test very fast to begin with at the combine and if putting on more weight slows him down even more then I think that hurts him as a 3 down player.

Also saw him get by Lewan with ease multiple times before he got injured.

Maybe people thought he would be bad or for certain that him and tank were risky picks that seem to be paying off. I don't think anybody thought he didn't have potential, I still don't think he was worth all we gave up for him, teams aren't built on one guy who was a risk in the first place even if he is paying off now. Would still much rather have had tj watt/multiple picks.

I wouldn't, because I don't think TJ will ever become the player Harris has a very good chance of becoming.

Multiple picks of players that will be solid, or one pick of a guy that will eventually be special? Give me the player with possible premium abilities.

I wouldn't, because I don't think TJ will ever become the player Harris has a very good chance of becoming.

Multiple picks of players that will be solid, or one pick of a guy that will eventually be special? Give me the player with possible premium abilities.
I agree. Watt is a nice player, but he will hit his ceiling quickly. Harris on the other hand has elite pass rusher potential. Check the price tag on those in free agency; it's an absolute premium in this league right now.

You can't doubt his skill set and we're starting to see every bit the relentless attacker. His progression from preseason to now has been very promising.

He's the player on this team that I'm most excited about right now, followed by Howard, Tankersely, and Godchaux. I also still believe McMillan will be a ten year starter.

Harris needs to get bigger and stronger but will it affect his speed and quickness? I thought there was a chance he could be an OLB and not a DE for us when he was drafted.

We've gone from him being a bust to him being the next Wake after one sack.

Also saw him get by Lewan with ease multiple times before he got injured.
Pretty sure that couldn't have happened since Lewan got injured early on the second Titans drive and Branch started the game and the Titans went 3-and-out on their first possession.

Harris needs to get bigger and stronger but will it affect his speed and quickness? I thought there was a chance he could be an OLB and not a DE for us when he was drafted.

Why? He should work on his strengths like Wake & play elite until he is mid 35 years of age.

I will admit to trashing him after the first two games. He was invisible - on top of an invisible preseason showing. I mentioned last week that he was noticeable and then today he had the big pass bat down and sack - both on 3rd downs I believe. I will be honest - I didn't see it possible that he would be a contributor this year. I like being wrong on this stuff and I hope the kid can keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom