Chase Allen Leads The NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Allen Leads The NFL

I was a VIP member for at least 5 years and I don't recall seeing any HC or DC comment on any players. We will just have to agree to disagree on Kiko's value.

ChambersWI has provided some great inside information about the organization recently. And it goes far beyond the comments of a single player. You should check it out.

I'm asking for competent and consistent LB play. Not a superstar. Having a penchant for a few highlight plays is novel, but no where near ideal. Strength at the POA and coverage ability are the two main areas of strength that are required from the LB unit in our scheme and those a both valid weaknesses in Alonso's game.

I'll let you have the last word here if you like, I'm going to stop as to not derail the thread topic.

One of My favorite Dolphins players all time would more times then not get eaten up by blockers, especially Centers, and his coverage ability was at best average, yet to me Zach Thomas, was one of the best LBs Miami ever had. Now Kiko willl never...ever come close to being Zach Thomas, but unlike Zach, he can still become better against blockers, and at one time (Could be wrong, just hearsay on my part), I heard Kiko was actually very good in coverage.

Kiko is too light, his biggest problem has been him being injured all the time, that probably hindered him actually working out hard enough where he could add muscle to that frame, he also has played on three teams in his short career, with some luck (Health wise), he could finally develop into the LB he should have been by now.

He is an above average blitzer, he has pretty good instincts (Though a few times I saw him totally fooled going the wrong side), he is an OK tackler (does miss tackles here and there, but him being a hard hitter also works in his favor), he also is fearless (Saw him on a few occasions going over air-bound over the line to stop a 3rd/4th and short, he does not give up on plays, and seems to be hyped up every single play.

Kiko needs to add 5-10 more pounds of muscle on his frame (That does not happen overnight), which can easily handle it, and needs to work hard to correct his weak point, but nothing he has done tells me that he can not correct his weak points to at least be a good complementary LB .

This is also my last, I made my thoughts pretty clear, whether anyone thinks they are right or wrong.

just scratch the LB's and play with 7 DB's and 4 DL
Kinda what Bill Walsh said after the first quarter of the SB vs us as he realized their base D was not going to stop Marino. They yanked the LBs and went 3 DL and 8 - eight! - DBs - and it worked. So it's not unheard of.

I don't know the circumstances, but he was involved in almost every play in the first half of last night game, many making contact at or behind of the line

Yea it will be interesting to see if we keep him on the active as this will certainly gardner attention. We really need help at LB with veteran experience and at the same time need youth. Its a dilemma for the coaches for sure. IMO

its going to be tough when it comes down to cuts. I have a feeling he may be one of those guys that we let go that will haunt us in the future ala Rob Ninkovich..... or im way off

He should've made the team already. Flashed plenty. I'd roll with Alonso, Timmons, Hull, Allen, and fill the last 2 spots with cuts. The injury to Hewitt killed his chances and he's not very good to begin with. Lacey is not a guy you want to get stuck in the base ... which seems to be happening to our backup LBs the last few years ... so while he offers some on specials and in coverage, I think he'd clear and make it to the PS.

There will be a few decent developmental options that get cut and should be had for cheap. If by any chance that doesn't happen, I guess roll with Maualuga and Lacey as the final 2 ... in which case:

Will - Alonso, Lacey
Mike - Maualugu, Hull
Sam - Timmons, Allen

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Hoping for a few decent cuts. Not a big fan of Rey or Lacey.

Anyone know if there are snap counts available for comparison to how much time each of those defensive player was on the field?

Good point. Allen has played a ton. It seems like he was out there every snap that our starters weren't That's the reason that the CFL lb also has racked up a ton of tackles. Last i saw he was in the top ten in preseason tackles too.

He should've made the team already. Flashed plenty. I'd roll with Alonso, Timmons, Hull, Allen, and fill the last 2 spots with cuts. The injury to Hewitt killed his chances and he's not very good to begin with. Lacey is not a guy you want to get stuck in the base ... which seems to be happening to our backup LBs the last few years ... so while he offers some on specials and in coverage, I think he'd clear and make it to the PS.

There will be a few decent developmental options that get cut and should be had for cheap. If by any chance that doesn't happen, I guess roll with Maualuga and Lacey as the final 2 ... in which case:

Will - Alonso, Lacey
Mike - Maualugu, Hull
Sam - Timmons, Allen

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Hoping for a few decent cuts. Not a big fan of Rey or Lacey.

Why would it....2 old, declining players plus a small, mediocre, injury prone guy with limitations so glaring he was shipped off two different teams in his first 4 years. Oh and no real experience behind any of them

Last edited:
Why would it....2 old, declining players plus a small, mediocre, injury prone guy with limitations so glaring that he was shipped off two different teams in his first 4 years. Oh and no real experience behind any of them
Agreed.....outside of our Oline, this lb unit is in need of for lack of a better term "blowing up". You already know my feelings on Kiko.....just plain bad.

I know there's dislike for Kiko ,but you guys think he's that bad? Do you think his injuries ruined him? As we all know in Buffalo he won rookie of the year and had ridiculous numbers (159 tackles, 4 ints, and 2 sacks)

Maybe after seeing Wheeler and Ellerbe, a Lber that can actually play football seems off lol

Even after the 3rd preseason game, you guys didn't think Timmons looks like he still has it? I thought he looked great..fast, strong, bigger than he's listed, instinctive, sideline to sideline awareness, strong blitzer, just a lot of attributes we haven't seen in a Dolphins Lber in years maybe since Zach.

I know there's dislike for Kiko ,but you guys think he's that bad? Do you think his injuries ruined him?

I do and I think injuries are a very large reason for that.

He has had knee surgeries on both knees (once while in college at Oregon, once in Buffalo, and again in Philly) and hip surgery as well to repair a torn labrum.

We sure do love throwing around unnecessary extensions and guaranteed money out the window.

Back
Top Bottom