Chase Young | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young

Rd 3 for Fromm is wayyyy off. Not even close bignasty. I know I know I'm in the minority on this board but Fromm is a top 10 pick.

Dude he's a shorter less dynamic, AJ McCarron or Greg Mcilroy, with teeny tiny little hands that needs to wear a glove when things are a little damp :) What does he actually give you for a top 10 pick ? There is simply no value there at all.

Dude he's a shorter less dynamic, AJ McCarron or Greg Mcilroy, with teeny tiny little hands that needs to wear a glove when things are a little damp :) What does he actually give you for a top 10 pick ? There is simply no value there at all.
That's cool difference of evaluation. Comparing him to McCarron is really the most far fetched I've heard so far but to each thier own.

I found this on 3 point stance magazines page. What do you think?

"Chase Young – DE – Ohio St.

This one may trigger some people so let me qualify this by saying, Chase Young is a mid-first-round talent. Me putting him on this list has more to do with the kids who are under him on some evaluators lists than his talent alone. I have Young as my third best defensive end on my big board behind: AJ Epenesa & Yetur Gross-Matos. Epenesa could end up being the best player in the entirety of this class and few guys play with the motor and bend like Gross-Matos. Young lacks that motor and as an edge rusher that worries me. He’s also not nearly as strong with his hands as Epenesa and Gross-Matos. Young relies on his speed and slipperiness to get to the quarterback. These are three potentially elite pass rushers but for me, Chase Young is being overvalued at this moment in time."

So i wonder about Young because Charles Harris was liked for his speed and spin move, but hasnt done much yet. Is it better to go for the stronger guy, over the speed guy?

Last edited:
Rd 3 for Fromm is wayyyy off. Not even close bignasty. I know I know I'm in the minority on this board but Fromm is a top 10 pick.

Kid can't sustain the O with Best OL + Great RB
and misses easy peasy wide open throws +
looks kinda doofuss doing it. Yes, "doofus" is
a certified QB scouting term

:lol:

Seriously, I really want to like the kid but geez
something ain't right in Bulldog land IMO.

Kid can't sustain the O with Best OL + Great RB
and misses easy peasy wide open throws +
looks kinda doofuss doing it. Yes, "doofus" is
a certified QB scouting term

:lol:

Seriously, I really want to like the kid but geez
something ain't right in Bulldog land IMO.
I get we can pick games or plays where it might not make sense. But I'm looking at his portfolio. He is a 65% career passer thru 40 games. 70 tds to 16 ints. He is considered one of the smartest qbs to play the game. We have Flo as our hc. We run a complex offense that requires read Fromm can make with his eyes close. He makes sense for Miami. I just feel those that mock this kid aren't matching up players with teams the way scouts do...

Fromm is probably going back for his senior year.
I don't think there is any chance he goes back. He is a first rd pick. Please find me any mock he doesn't go in the 1st.

I don't think there is any chance he goes back. He is a first rd pick. Please find me any mock he doesn't go in the 1st.

LOL, I did one search, pretty much every draft on this site :)

Fromm is probably going back for his senior year.

I think so too, he's a college QB, loves the dirty dawgs there. Unless he balls out in the SEC champ game and beats LSU and follows that by beating Lawrence or Fields in a Nat Champ, he will know he needs to do a little more to prove to the scouts he is a high draft pick. Three games in a row now with more in completions than completions.

LOL, I did one search, pretty much every draft on this site :)

I admit you showed me.
I reserve commit on the mocks and who they are.
But I concede they exist.

He could get drafted in the first round but that will have nothing to do with any mocks. You're not the only poster here that likes him that much. He could be good in the NFL but so far he hasn't shown anything special. Best oline in the contry and the top RB and his numbers are not all that. He's good at handing the ball off to Swift. Can he carry a team? We don't really know cause he's really never done it. That Georgia offense is not about him. If he land in the perfect situation in the NFL he might do ok but you put him on a team without the benefit of a great Oline and without a top RB and he's gonna have a hard time making it work.

He could get drafted in the first round but that will have nothing to do with any mocks. You're not the only poster here that likes him that much. He could be good in the NFL but so far he hasn't shown anything special. Best oline in the contry and the top RB and his numbers are not all that. He's good at handing the ball off to Swift. Can he carry a team? We don't really know cause he's really never done it. That Georgia offense is not about him. If he land in the perfect situation in the NFL he might do ok but you put him on a team without the benefit of a great Oline and without a top RB and he's gonna have a hard time making it work.
I am a Fromm fan. Guess I can't deny that. So I'll throw out my question about The term nothing special. He is a 40 game starter. Beat out fields. Has a 65% completion percentage, over 7300+ yards, 70 yrs to 16 ints. That's nothing special? Are we seriously gonna say he is carried by an Oline and rb...foe 3 yeara. I just don't get that arguement. All great qbs in college are surrounded by other great players.

Wow... Herbert playing himself down the draft board...

Looks compellingly amateurish and NOT ready for prime time.

But that system he plays in SUCKS!

I am a Fromm fan. Guess I can't deny that. So I'll throw out my question about The term nothing special. He is a 40 game starter. Beat out fields. Has a 65% completion percentage, over 7300+ yards, 70 yrs to 16 ints. That's nothing special? Are we seriously gonna say he is carried by an Oline and rb...foe 3 yeara. I just don't get that arguement. All great qbs in college are surrounded by other great players.

Yeah but some of us (maybe you?) have seen "kids" like Marino in college, Elway, Peyton, Kelly, and
even Luck and I'm rapidly growing more and more unimpressed by this supposed "great QB class."
The best of the lot is at least moderately questionable in terms of having a legit NFL career and
the field is an assortment of warts on a pretty girl...

Yeah but some of us (maybe you?) have seen "kids" like Marino in college, Elway, Peyton, Kelly, and
even Luck and I'm rapidly growing more and more unimpressed by this supposed "great QB class."
The best of the lot is at least moderately questionable in terms of having a legit NFL career and
the field is an assortment of warts on a pretty girl...
I grew up idolizing marino. He is why I played football and why I demanded to play qb my whole childhood :)
But to be honest there is no way I nor anyone could debate an arguement when you name 4 HOFs. Pretty much the absolute best the nfl has ever seen. No way any college class can compare to that arguement. But that aside. I think there are several serviceable qbs in this class. I think it will be once in a lifetime if ever possible to compete with the 83 class. But ever year there are qbs that impress in the NFL. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 5. But for Miami, this year...I can see burrow, Herbert, Fromm or tua being able to run Flo's o for years of success.

Back
Top Bottom