Chase Young | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young

Wow... Herbert playing himself down the draft board...

Looks compellingly amateurish and NOT ready for prime time.

But that system he plays in SUCKS!
That's my primary gripe. Better talent around him, a good system he can thrive in, he might look completely different. Which is why a good-great back is very necessary til we find what works.....Should we draft him.

I found this on 3 point stance magazines page. What do you think?

"Chase Young – DE – Ohio St.

This one may trigger some people so let me qualify this by saying, Chase Young is a mid-first-round talent. Me putting him on this list has more to do with the kids who are under him on some evaluators lists than his talent alone. I have Young as my third best defensive end on my big board behind: AJ Epenesa & Yetur Gross-Matos. Epenesa could end up being the best player in the entirety of this class and few guys play with the motor and bend like Gross-Matos. Young lacks that motor and as an edge rusher that worries me. He’s also not nearly as strong with his hands as Epenesa and Gross-Matos. Young relies on his speed and slipperiness to get to the quarterback. These are three potentially elite pass rushers but for me, Chase Young is being overvalued at this moment in time."

So i wonder about Young because Charles Harris was liked for his speed and spin move, but hasnt done much yet. Is it better to go for the stronger guy, over the speed guy?
I think in the trenches, strength trumps.

Yeah but some of us (maybe you?) have seen "kids" like Marino in college, Elway, Peyton, Kelly, and
even Luck and I'm rapidly growing more and more unimpressed by this supposed "great QB class."
The best of the lot is at least moderately questionable in terms of having a legit NFL career and
the field is an assortment of warts on a pretty girl...

agree

imho this class needs to carry a clipboard in the NFL - they should not be handed a team in year one - maybe good in the long term - if they are rushed on a bad franchise they will implode

they aren’t even as good as Baker and Darnold (Spits out)

Bengals go Burrow.
Skins go Juedy.
Jets/Dolphins go Thomas/Young or vice versa.

Id be happy with either.

Would be nice if Cincy goes QB and Washington goes off the board with a crazy pick. I'd love to have Chase on this team. They'd likely have to trade up with the Steelers pick if Jordan Love/Fromm is the target. QBs are over drafted every year. Supply and demand.

I am a Fromm fan. Guess I can't deny that. So I'll throw out my question about The term nothing special. He is a 40 game starter. Beat out fields. Has a 65% completion percentage, over 7300+ yards, 70 yrs to 16 ints. That's nothing special? Are we seriously gonna say he is carried by an Oline and rb...foe 3 yeara. I just don't get that arguement. All great qbs in college are surrounded by other great players.
I guess time will tell Scotty. All I want is what's best for our team. If we don't draft Fromm then I won't care about what he does for another team unless he plays against us. If we draft him then I will root for him to do well as much as anyone on this board.
Last night he was 11/23 for 163 yards. I see nothing there to get exited about and that's been the way he's been this year but again, time will tell.

Would be nice if Cincy goes QB and Washington goes off the board with a crazy pick. I'd love to have Chase on this team. They'd likely have to trade up with the Steelers pick if Jordan Love/Fromm is the target. QBs are over drafted every year. Supply and demand.
you want to trade up for Love?....lol

agree

imho this class needs to carry a clipboard in the NFL - they should not be handed a team in year one - maybe good in the long term - if they are rushed on a bad franchise they will implode

they aren’t even as good as Baker and Darnold (Spits out)

One of the big reasons Tua is still the best prospect by a wide margin. The other guys need to sit anyway - probably including Burrow - so you don't lose anything by letting Tua sit a year, and the pay off after isn't close. If he suffers setbacks, that changes things, but based on the info we have, it's an easy call.

One of the big reasons Tua is still the best prospect by a wide margin. The other guys need to sit anyway - probably including Burrow - so you don't lose anything by letting Tua sit a year, and the pay off after isn't close. If he suffers setbacks, that changes things, but based on the info we have, it's an easy call.
you'd be 100% right IF he doesn't have any setbacks. There's no doubt he'd be the most ready QB(before the injury) but because of the injury he's not ready day one just like the others and then lets say he gets back, we would be holding our breath every time he goes down or every time he's being chased out of the pocket. Of course anybody can get hurt at any time, not just him.

The best thing is we(the team) don't have to make a decision today. We'll see what happens in the next few months.

Imagine if we drafted Young first and Tua gets passed on and then we take him with the pick from Pitt. Before his injury there was no way any team could draft both Young and Tua. Time will tell.

If it was a knee injury, I wouldn't hesitate. Hip injuries scare me though. We won't have a real indication of what the medical report on him was until the draft starts and we see how far he drops. If he's cleared medically, then no doubt you do whatever it takes to get him.

There's been arguments on both sides as to whether or not Tua is injury prone or just had a small string of freak injuries. I'm willing to roll the dice and find out. He's too good.

Yeah but some of us (maybe you?) have seen "kids" like Marino in college, Elway, Peyton, Kelly, and
even Luck and I'm rapidly growing more and more unimpressed by this supposed "great QB class."
The best of the lot is at least moderately questionable in terms of having a legit NFL career and
the field is an assortment of warts on a pretty girl...

That is exactly the issue I find myself suffering from in today's college game. The players in this QB class for lack of a better phrase are just not impressive enough to justify the draft capital.

When Elway, Manning Kelly, Marino came out, you knew....just knew from watching them play they had "IT", that something special that made them like men playing among boys.

I keep trying to see IT in this year's crop of QBs and I completely agree with your analogy of a pretty girl with an assortment of warts. If you can cover those warts up....great, until its bikini day.

Back
Top Bottom