Chase Young | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young

No it's coming from a guy who was living in Ohio the past 16 years. Nice try though.

What difference does living in Ohio make?

You’re an Ohio State expert? Because I am, all the way over here in Pa.

Curious to know which game he disappointed you?

Gholston piled up stats in a few games, Young has been dominant week in and week out.

If you would’ve compared him to Clowney I could’ve lived with it but you literally compared the consensus top prospect in the draft to a guy who zero sacks in his pro career.

On top of that their body types couldn’t be more different.

Did you watch the Penn State game yesterday?

But ya, you live in Ohio so you know things the rest of us don’t.

Gholston had zero career forced fumbles for the Buckeyes. None.

CY has 7 this year. And CY does it against the best of the best racking up 7 sacks and 4 FF against PSU and Wisconsin. Game sealing sacks.

And poor CY has to get his stats in the first half because he’s usually out of the game after the half.

Last edited:
What difference does living in Ohio make?

You’re an Ohio State expert? Because I am, all the way over here in Pa.

Curious to know which game he disappointed you?

Gholston piled up stats in a few games, Young has been dominant week in and week out.

If you would’ve compared him to Clowney I could’ve lived with it but you literally compared the consensus top prospect in the draft to a guy who zero sacks in his pro career.

On top of that their body types couldn’t be more different.

Did you watch the Penn State game yesterday?

But ya, you live in Ohio so you know things the rest of us don’t.

Gholston had zero career forced fumbles for the Buckeyes. None.

CY has 7 this year. And CY does it against the best of the best racking up 7 sacks and 4 FF against PSU and Wisconsin. Game sealing sacks.

And poor CY has to get his stats in the first half because he’s usually out of the game after the half.
I'm not claiming to be an Ohio State expert in anyway. You saying I never watched either one of them play well I have. Just like that though you ain't any more of an expert than me. Ask Carolina how having a player Luke Kuechly or Chicago having a Khalil Mack is making their teams elite. So sit down relax and quit your bitching.

Fromm’s high ceiling is an invention by fans. These are the same fans that trumpeted Kerwin Bell or Danny Wuerfel or Colt McCoy or Aaron Murray or Connor Cook or Matt Barkley. Those are his peers. Late day 2 or early day 3.

Its easy to like everybody, then you can claim to have called the successes. It’s harder to distinguish guys.

Reactions: A1.
I'm not claiming to be an Ohio State expert in anyway. You saying I never watched either one of them play well I have. Just like that though you ain't any more of an expert than me. Ask Carolina how having a player Luke Kuechly or Chicago having a Khalil Mack is making their teams elite. So sit down relax and quit your bitching.

As it pertains to the Buckeyes I’m certainly more of an expert than you.

Your suggesting Khalil Mack and Like Kuechley are irrelevant because their teams aren’t in contention for the super bowl?

What are you suggesting we do? Just draft any QB at 2/3?

Bears did that. You think Trubisky got them to the post season last year and not Mack’s presence?

Or do you think we should build our team around Jerry Jeudy? Perhaps a premier LT is all we need.

I don’t bitch, I teach.

That is exactly the issue I find myself suffering from in today's college game. The players in this QB class for lack of a better phrase are just not impressive enough to justify the draft capital.

When Elway, Manning Kelly, Marino came out, you knew....just knew from watching them play they had "IT", that something special that made them like men playing among boys.

I keep trying to see IT in this year's crop of QBs and I completely agree with your analogy of a pretty girl with an assortment of warts. If you can cover those warts up....great, until its bikini day.
Tua has/ had “IT”...

Fromm, Love and Eason have all faultered down the stretch. After Burrow, it's going to be a crapshoot, especially with Tua's injury. Herbert was good for several weeks, until this past weekend, when he laid an egg. I'm starting to believe this QB, class may not be what it's cracked up to be? I've recently read Ohio States' QB Fields is better than everyone in the 2019 class not named Tua. I beg to question, does Miami wait till 2021 to select its QB? Especially if several of the 2019 eligible players don't declare. So maybe selecting Chase Young is making lots more sense?

That sure is a long way from Vernon Gholston.

Backtrack much?

I am a Fromm fan. Guess I can't deny that. So I'll throw out my question about The term nothing special. He is a 40 game starter. Beat out fields. Has a 65% completion percentage, over 7300+ yards, 70 yrs to 16 ints. That's nothing special? Are we seriously gonna say he is carried by an Oline and rb...foe 3 yeara. I just don't get that arguement. All great qbs in college are surrounded by other great players.

I really like Fromm, too. And, yeah, about the Auburn game... he completed less than half his throws... BUT... almost a third of those completions were for TDs (three of them) against a ranked team with a solid defense:

For me... Chase Young with the first pick... then Fromm with one of the other two first round picks... preferably the last one.​

Last edited:
If we get the #2 pick, there is no way we pass on Chase Young. Outside of Burrow, all other QBs would be a reach. Plus we have other 1st round picks. Chase Young looks like a slam dunk at a position of need for us.

I'm moving more into the Chase Young camp at this point. He is an impact player and that top 10 is about drafting guys that are difference makers.They still have additional picks to move back up if they want a QB, but outside of Tua, no one excites me enough to even draft let alone move up for. Even Tua causes concern with multiple surgeries in 2 years of playing. Grab Young, trade away the Pittsburgh pick if you can, ride Rosen and Fitz another year then get the QB in 2021. That class will be much deeper at QB with Fields, Lawrence and even Morgan that Miami can get into position for. This is not a 1 year fix. Don't draft a QB you're not 100% all in on.

If we get the #2 pick, there is no way we pass on Chase Young. Outside of Burrow, all other QBs would be a reach. Plus we have other 1st round picks. Chase Young looks like a slam dunk at a position of need for us.

Who's throwing the ball under center ? The drop off from Burrow and Tua, is extreme, I'm not sure everyone comprehends this.

JJ Watt has been the best DE over the last decade, there can't be too many arguments about that. His team have been no where near the super bowl in that time and only this year when Watson has stepped up his play and looks like a franchise guy is his team even playoff contenders. The point is DE's don't suddenly make you contenders, we had one of the best in Cam Wake and before that Jason Taylor yet how many SB's did we make ? Largely down to the fact that we had no one throwing the ball who was capable of lifting his team to an elite level.

I like Young a lot and if we had the QB position sorted, it's a no brainer to take him with our first pick if he's there. However we haven't and if one of Burrow or Tua is there, you simply have to take them, taking Chase and hoping that Tua slides to you on your second pick is extremely dicey and won't happen, or taking a chance on a scatter gun Herbert or ultimate game manger in Fromm is what you are left with, I don't like those options because they are not going to make us relevant.

I'm moving more into the Chase Young camp at this point. He is an impact player and that top 10 is about drafting guys that are difference makers.They still have additional picks to move back up if they want a QB, but outside of Tua, no one excites me enough to even draft let alone move up for. Even Tua causes concern with multiple surgeries in 2 years of playing. Grab Young, trade away the Pittsburgh pick if you can, ride Rosen and Fitz another year then get the QB in 2021. That class will be much deeper at QB with Fields, Lawrence and even Morgan that Miami can get into position for. This is not a 1 year fix. Don't draft a QB you're not 100% all in on.

So you've significantly upgraded your team, we will spend a bunch in FA too, we are back to 8-8, that's the stated aim of the owner, and heads will roll if they don't come close to that. So we are picking mid round, we have zero chance to pick up Lawrence or Fields, so we are back in the same situation, if you don't like Tua, in having to settle for an average Joe. This is why you don't blink and take Tua, he's falling into our laps, assuming there is no set backs, passing up on him is asinine. Oh and he's had one surgery that was required, the other two were elective and not necessary at all.

And before you say well I would use the draft picks I've got to trade up, trading up requires someone to trade with you and it's pretty clear from this year, that there are a lot of teams in this league that need franchise QBs. It's as big of a gamble hoping you can trade up, than it is to take Tua this year.

Back
Top Bottom