Chase Young | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young

LOL, he's been awful. Can't seem to handle a wet ball with his child like hands, that's a huge red flag.

Chase, is great but we have to fix the QB spot, taking a flyer on talent level of Herbert or Fromm is just as big a risk or more than taking a chance on Tua.

Fromm is horrible! It’s amazing how people on this draft want to waste a pick on him.

There is no uber talented QB, with a question mark about him enjoying campus life a little too much in this draft !
Your point was that JJ Watt was not able to make a team with no QB win...
Dan proves that the opposite is also true. You can have the best QB on the planet and still not win if you have no defense.

It takes both, my friend.

Your point was that JJ Watt was not able to make a team with no QB win...
Dan proves that the opposite is also true. You can have the best QB on the planet and still not win if you have no defense.

It takes both, my friend.

That is true, but no matter how you dice it, the QB is the most important position on the roster.

A QB can make up for so much more on a poor team than a DE can, it’s almost impossible to overstate.

That is true, but no matter how you dice it, the QB is the most important position on the roster.

A QB can make up for so much more on a poor team than a DE can, it’s almost impossible to overstate.
QB is the most important position without a doubt. It does take a team to get to the level of success we want though. So from a draft standpoint, how much do you give up in overall talent to overdraft a QB at a draft slot.

There simply is not a lot of bad teams being carried into the playoffs by good QBs...more examples of bad teams with mediocre records despite good QBs I would venture to say...

Getting a QB is important, but as many have said before me... putting a young QB on a team that is not ready to compete rarely helps...
And overdrafting a QB when there are elite players on the board in other vital areas also rarely works.
At NO TIME have I disputed the importance of getting a QB, what I have questioned and will continue to question is drafting a PARTICULAR QB. ...and this is the crux of the issue.
In many cases, on many teams, the CORRECT QB was not the first... or the second... or even the third QB drafted.

Those arguing that we must get tge QB first are muddying the waters with their argument. They are really arguing that we must draft THIS QB.

Yes yea bird, I know who all the Fromm haters are.

I have no hate for Fromm. One of my draft rules require hands no smaller than 9.5”. Some think it’s BS but I’m sticking to it. My hands are a tad over 9” and I struggle gripping and NFL regulation football.

I want a QB as much as anyone and believe we should draft one......at some point. I don't believe we should draft a QB just to draft one. If we have the 2nd or 3rd pick and Young is there I'd draft him if he's that much better than whichever QB is on the board. If they like Herbert then fine. If they believe in Tua then fine but unless they're 100% sure then Young should be the pick.

Going to leave this here and see who can figure out how it's relevant.

I totally get your point. You'd rather build by having your QB and building around him first. I agree but I'm sure you wouldn't want to draft a QB just for the heck of it, right? Like I said above, if the team feels Burrow, Tua or Herbert is the QB to lead this team moving forward then we must draft him. If not, then Young with our first pick and a QB later would be ok with me. I'm still hoping for a QB, trust me. I'd be glad to pass on Young to get "our QB and we can go Edge later on. But I don't want to reach for a QB not worth taking top 3

I want a QB as much as anyone and believe we should draft one......at some point. I don't believe we should draft a QB just to draft one. If we have the 2nd or 3rd pick and Young is there I'd draft him if he's that much better than whichever QB is on the board. If they like Herbert then fine. If they believe in Tua then fine but unless they're 100% sure then Young should be the pick.
I never really understood the arguement don't draft a qb just to draft one. Especially in the first round. Can you give me a couple examples of this happening?

Yes, we drafted Tannehill cause we needed a QB......and then wasted 7 years on him
Softball pitch and you knocked it out of the park. Lol, I knew I could count on you :)

And this was made apparent most clearly on MNF as the Jackson and the Ravens schooled the Rams and their D, which isn't short of a few good players.

I have no hate for Fromm. One of my draft rules require hands no smaller than 9.5”. Some think it’s BS but I’m sticking to it. My hands are a tad over 9” and I struggle gripping and NFL regulation football.

How much bigger are NFL footballs than the ones used in College ?

Im seriously curious now if a speedy defensive end translates well to the NFL? Vernon Gholston, Charles Harris, George Selvie were good in college but did nothing in the NFL.

Chase Young isnt going up against some no name OT in the nfl.

Back
Top Bottom