Chase Young | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young

I want a QB as much as anyone and believe we should draft one......at some point. I don't believe we should draft a QB just to draft one. If we have the 2nd or 3rd pick and Young is there I'd draft him if he's that much better than whichever QB is on the board. If they like Herbert then fine. If they believe in Tua then fine but unless they're 100% sure then Young should be the pick.

I get this logic. I'm not passing on Burrow or Tua for a DE. But if both are gone (or in Tua's case not available, either because he didn't declare or because the injury has stopped him ever playing again). Then absolutely, I would take the plunge on Chase (although I would be conflicted in believing Andrew Thomas is more the sure thing, and still remember us taking Dion Jordan at #3), as there is no other QB worth a top 5 pick in this draft IMO.

I get this logic. I'm not passing on Burrow or Tua for a DE. But if both are gone (or in Tua's case not available, either because he didn't declare or because the injury has stopped him ever playing again). Then absolutely, I would take the plunge on Chase (although I would be conflicted in believing Andrew Thomas is more the sure thing, and still remember us taking Dion Jordan at #3), as there is no other QB worth a top 5 pick in this draft IMO.
I won't cry if Thomas is the pick but man, it brings back us drafting a LT(Jake Long) over a top QB(Matt Ryan)........drafting oline that high gives me pause regardless of how good he is. I want a play maker at that spot instead of corn.

You get a 5 minute time out in the corner for comparing young to Dion jordan

I won't cry if Thomas is the pick but man, it brings back us drafting a LT(Jake Long) over a top QB(Matt Ryan)........drafting oline that high gives me pause regardless of how good he is. I want a play maker at that spot instead of corn.
If we take Thomas at 4 I definitely would cry!

You get a 5 minute time out in the corner for comparing young to Dion jordan

LOL I am not just wary that we've not been very good recently at picking 1st round DE's, add Charles Harris to that list. Having said that I do think Chase will transition to the NFL, but I don't think it's a slam dunk he'll be in the HoF some day.

I hear you man, I want that sexy player too, but Thomas may better fill a role in this disciplined team Flores is obviously trying to build than a destructive force like Chase is. The guys on the 3ypc podcast made a good point on this, essentially saying that Young maybe too good for what we want to do at that position, which obviously sounds ridiculous but there could definitely be an argument made there.

Give me Corn every time...

The game is won in the corn fields.

It's a good thing the Dolphins could use both Chase Young or Andrew Thomas, both would be an excellent top pick.
Got 2 more in the 1st to...build strong build smart that's all I ask.

Anyone thinking this is a one year rebuild is off the mark, was hoping to get 2 possibly 3 drafts in the top ten but I doubt the coaching staff will let that happen, Grier will just have to draft better.

Who knows it's possible they move the Dolphin pick to acquire more picks.

If we are at 4 or below, I expect we may trade down.

I really think Thomas and Young are the only ones we would jump on... after those two are gone, I know that I'd trade down if possible.

Burrow won't be available no matter what. Young, Thomas and Herbert would be my choice in that order.

Does anyone know how the strength of schedule plays out for us and the Redskins? If the Skins and Phins, lose out and finish at 2-14, who would get the 2nd pick?

The way things stand now, Redskins would finish the season at .579 strength of schedule and the Dolphins at .466. So it's not close and the difference which is now .508 and .506 respectively will widen.

The way things stand now, Redskins would finish the season at .579 strength of schedule and the Dolphins at .466. So it's not close and the difference which is now .508 and .506 respectively will widen.

Ireally don't understand the SoS thing, the higher the number the stronger the schedule right ? NFC east is probably the worst division in the league right now. The AFC east is actually trending up, with two teams on 9 wins and the Jets on a run. Surely that's bad for us and our tie breakers with the Giants and skins.

Ireally don't understand the SoS thing, the higher the number the stronger the schedule right ? NFC east is probably the worst division in the league right now. The AFC east is actually trending up, with two teams on 9 wins and the Jets on a run. Surely that's bad for us and our tie breakers with the Giants and skins.
Yes, the higher the number the stronger the schedule. Basically right now we are tied at around .506 SoS. We will play the Bengals who are 0-11, and the Eagles, the Giants, the Jets, and the Patriots. The Redskins will play the Packers, the Panthers, the Giants, the Cowboys and the Eagles.
We will both play the Giants and the Eagles, so those will cancel out. That leaves:

MIA - Patriots (10-1), Jets (4-7), Bengals (0-11) Remaining Opponents Record: 14-19 or 14/33 or .424
WAS - Packers (8-3), Cowboys (6-6), Panthers (5-6) Remaining Opponents Record: 19-15 or 19/34 or .559

If we end up with same record as Redskins, 2-14, Skins have no shot to jump us in Tankathon standings because they will ultimately end up with a stronger SoS. And the main reason is we still have to play the Bengals.

Back
Top Bottom