Check out Gang Greens Board On Peter King putting Miami ahead of the Jets. LoL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check out Gang Greens Board On Peter King putting Miami ahead of the Jets. LoL

Jets should not even be a franchise. With exception of what Namath did there, the franchise has been a joke since day one. Name one team in the NFL that the city they played in just let the tracks rust up and freeze the stands so it remained closed for baseball.

I stopped hating the Jets and their lapper fans years ago. As I said, they do not even exist. They were literally handed playoff appearances last year and screwed that, as usual. Sanchez will prove this year he was just another bad decision from and organization that has no history of good decisions. They are the little univited cousin in the Meadowlands, so much so, the league gave the Giants the opening game at the new stadium and did not even tell the Jets when the coin flip was going to happen to decide who played first there.

Jets make noice once in awhile but thats it, has always been that way and always will be that way. Thats why I stopped even recognizing them or their lapper fans a looooooooooong time ago. They can imagine a new name for that stadium all they want, its Giant stadium and oh yeah, they share it with lap dogs. Geez they are pitiful right down to their BS uniforms.

And the Fins at 6 isnt? We finished 7-9 last year and the Jets went to the AFC Championship. If anything, we should be in 15-20 range and Jets top 10 for preseason rankings. I am trying to take a non-homer view to this.

I appreciate the non-homer stance, but you act as if there were no off season. The Jets truly lucked into the Conference Finals - shouldn't have made the playoffs. And, before injuries hit us hard, we looked like the better team. In addition, we added: Nolan, Marshall, Dansby, Incognito, and a fantastic draft. The Jets added an overrated CB and a mediocre draft. Unless Henne isn't who we think he is, this Miami team is a contender. He might not be. We'll see.

cool some guy picked a bunch of teams, and put them in order of what he thinks are the best.

awesome you guys should just focus on somebody saying good things about a 7-9 team.

Didn't you see the game yesterday we looked fantastic? Oh wait, no one has played yet. Well I am sure you saw how good some of these teams have looked with pads on. Oh wait, that hasnt happened either. Off season predictions are a joke. Basing them off what happened last year is even more of a joke.

Write this down in letter form and send it to Rex Ryan. He will either read it and slow down on the verbal diarrhea or put salt and pepper on it and have it for a mid-morning snack.

what, they think Trent Dilfer-lite (if they're lucky) is gonna lead a 7-7 and 2 team to the SB?
2mqkbjc-1.jpg

I just like when people go over there and take the one liners and post them here. I remember some guy posting quotes from the games we beat them LOL

I think the Jets should be somewhere around the 11-12 range and Miami in the 15 range. Until someone knocks off the Pats with Brady in the AFC East, then they still reign supreme.

Quite frankly, it doesn't take much effort to make predictions based on the results of past seasons. A person with no knowledge of football could do that just by looking at the final division standings from last season.
What makes the offseason interesting, is seeing which pundit can take into account all the offseason moves (FA, draft) that a team makes and then make a prediction.
Peter King has always thought highly of Parcells and he usually speaks highly of Henne (as does Mike Lombardi and Ron Jaworski). Hence, his favorable ranking of the Phins.
Factoring in the loss of Welker, the aging (and inconsistency) of Moss as well as an aging O-line, RB's and non-descript defense; it isn't hard to predict that the Pat's run is nearing an end.
The operative word here is 'predictions'
If you go to any fan site you will see myriad opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few I copied.

LOL at Miami 6th. Unreal.

Chad Henne could lead them to an 8-0 start and he'd find a way to finish them at 8-8.

2 things make this article completely uncredible.

1. The Fins at 6th. HA I don't need to go into this.
2. It's Peter King BB's personal BJ queen. Jets could win the Super Bowl 42-0 and he'd write an article on what we did wrong and why we should've lost.

The Jets fans have always been the biggest sh#! talkers. While I dislike every team we play it is great that we beat these punks twice last year.

The Jets fans have always been the biggest sh#! talkers. While I dislike every team we play it is great that we beat these punks twice last year.
The greatest thing during the season was to answer any Jets smack with "Sweep".

Here's the thing with the Jets, they are taking A LOT of risks this offseason that may or may not pay off.

1.They are banking that Shonne Green is ready to be the number 1 back.

2.They're hoping that LT, whose been on decline the last couple years, can have a resurgence. Though with him being a backup, his biggest weakness (pass blocking) will be tested.

3.Can Joe McKnight, a guy who never came close to reaching his potential, give them the type of threat a healthy Leon Washington gave them?

4.Will Vlad Ducasse, a very talented but very raw prospect, be able to step in at LG in place of Allan Faneca?

5.Can Antonio Cromartie have a rebound season playing across from Revis after 2 very lackluster seasons?

6.Will Braylon continue his solid play, or go back to dropping passes?

7.Will they get a consistent pass rush.

8.Will Santonio Holmes stay out of trouble.

9.How much has Sanchez developed?

Now we have questions too don't get me wrong...
1.How will Henne improve in his second year as a starter?

2.Will the other WRs not named Marshall step up?

3.Will Marshall stay out of trouble?

4.How have Vontae and SMitty improved?

5.Is Will Allen healthy?

6.Will safety play improve?

7.Will we get a pass rush?

I think the biggest difference between the two teams is the Jets went high risk high reward with almost every pick up. The only move they made that wasn't IMO was drafting Kyle Wilson, which was good value. The only high risk move we made was Brandon Marshall. You could throw Incognito in there, but 1)he's on a very strict 1 year deal and 2)he more than likely won't start.

But as I said from the beginning, both teams are closer to each other than some people are willing to admit. How easily some people forget that we had our games against the 2 Super Bowl teams won, but our lack of playmakers on offense (and Ginn's hands), and Gibril Wilson's inabilty to tackle cost us. There were a couple other games we had shots at winning, but didn't.

Not complaining, breaks are apart of the game. The Jets got into the playoffs when the Colts and Bengals sat their starters, but then got hot in the playoffs. But it would be foolish for them to say they are heads and shoulders better than us, and vice versa. In fact, the only team IMO that is really bad is Buffalo.

The only thing holding us back from the playoffs IMO is our inexperience. I think Henne could struggle, but IMO he'll still do good to great. BUT we will rely on either Culver(4th year no starting experience), Clemons (2nd year limited PT), or Jones (rookie) at FS (or a converted WIll Allen), and 2 2nd year CBs, a vet coming off ACL surgery, and a rookie as our nickle/dime backs, and a very inexperienced pass rush.

Back
Top Bottom