Chris Benoit and his family found dead. | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Benoit and his family found dead.

I have to say Ive never heard of any of these 3 guys. I do admit Im ignorant of alot of the stuff lately. But, a real big name guy I think I wouldve heard of.

Also if Im not mistaken the Great American Bash is not a real big PPV. Its not like it was the main event at Wrestlemania. Wasnt this PPV part of the smackdown show which is secondary to RAW? Im asking btw not claiming I know.

It was the MAIN EVENT and your 2 title matches. All 3 had one of the wrestlers PULLED from teh show 2 days before the PPV. Just because you don't know who they are doesn't mean they aren't BIG NAMES. They are!!!!!!

It was a Smackdown only PPV. So what???? That means nothing in all of this. He yanked 3 guys out of the top 3 matches of the PPV he is trying to sell and make $$$$$$$$ of it. He put their health over his pocketbook and wallet

WHO????? Only 5 people have died UNDER CONTRACT to the WWE. Only 5 people on McMahons watch.

One died being dropped from the ceiling. Nothnig with drugs.

One was suicide (Beniot). The other 3 were drug issues.

It's like a kid dies playing a pick-up basketball game and the NBA gets blamed!! Ya can't do that. Sheri Martel is the perfect example. Been out of pro wrestling for over 10 years. She dies, and its McMahon's fault??? HOW!??!?!?!?!?!?

You cant disclaim the people who worked for him and died as a result of drug abuse that took place while they were working there. Just because they werent currently under contract from him dosent mean he couldnt have stamped out the drug use(or at least made an attempt to) while they were working there.

And that basketball analogy makes no sense at all.

And no one is blaming him for deaths that all indications show they had nothing to do with roids like Owen Hart. However it was disgraceful that he continued that show. Come to think of it no one is blaming him for the deaths anyways. Just saying he did nothing to try and keep his employees from abusing drugs that led to their deaths just so he could make more money.

It was the MAIN EVENT and your 2 title matches. All 3 had one of the wrestlers PULLED from teh show 2 days before the PPV. Just because you don't know who they are doesn't mean they aren't BIG NAMES. They are!!!!!!

It was a Smackdown only PPV. So what???? That means nothing in all of this. He yanked 3 guys out of the top 3 matches of the PPV he is trying to sell and make $$$$$$$$ of it. He put their health over his pocketbook and wallet

For one time in a couple thousand chances to do so. AND THAT IS MY POINT. The guy has made a ton of money while doing business the wrong way and being a scumbag. Lets not pretend because he got it right once that he is some kind of moral equivilant to Ghandi. He shouldve been doing this for years.

I might even let the 80's slide because at the time there wasnt the information we have now on the damage to your mind and body steriods do. But, stopping that testing in the 90's is sick. Also the accusations that he not only encouraged his employees to roid up but, told at least one that he needed to roid up of find another job is sickening.

Stop being a McMahon apolagist and just admit the man has been a scumbag business man for years. He made tons of money and underpaid his employees who made him huge dough. He has a poor track record of caring for the well being of his employees. He knew of domestic violence going on throughout his company that he knew was probably associated with them doing roids and did nothing about it. Just because he got it right at least once(the case you make here with the 06 Bash) and maybe a few other times dosent make up for all of his other wrong doings.

1) Presenting the FACTS isn't being an apologist. Facts are the Facts

2) The NBA analogy makes perfect sense. Vince gets the death of everyone in this business laid at his feet. 60 people under the age of 45 in 10 years. SOme of those guys (Renegade, Duncam Jr..) never even worked for him!!! Others died in car accidents or just weight issues

3) Underpaid?? Underpaid???? The STARTING salary of his workers is $80,000 a year. With almost all the male performers making over 6 figures!!!!!

4) There is domesitc violence in all walks of life to lay that at his feet is insane!

Look you ADMIT you know little about this industry. And its showing. I don't have time to "bring up up to date" on this business and how it operats. You have your narrow minded opinon on this matter and aren't changing no matter how many facts you learn of. So, good day!!

2) The NBA analogy makes perfect sense. Vince gets the death of everyone in this business laid at his feet. 60 people under the age of 45 in 10 years. SOme of those guys (Renegade, Duncam Jr..) never even worked for him!!! Others died in car accidents or just weight issues

3) Underpaid?? Underpaid???? The STARTING salary of his workers is $80,000 a year. With almost all the male performers making over 6 figures!!!!!

4) There is domesitc violence in all walks of life to lay that at his feet is insane!

Look you ADMIT you know little about this industry. And its showing. I don't have time to "bring up up to date" on this business and how it operats. You have your narrow minded opinon on this matter and aren't changing no matter how many facts you learn of. So, good day!!

He said good day!! :lol:

Vince also gave Wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero a second shot and turn his life around. Eddie's drug habit had NOTHING to do with Vince McMahon. He mad mistakes and abused drugs. He decided to turn his life around and Vince helped him do it.

:clap: Good post

Especially about the underpaid part, to even suggest that is ridiculous.

Exactly because god forbid people should police themselves. Instead Vince should be held responsible for his wrestlers not controlling their rage. I'm not a huge fan of McMahon but I have to say I do doubt that anyone really saw this coming, hence all the shock.

Excellent post and points. You're spot on.

Just adding to what you said earlier the WWE let Kurt Angle (a big name wrestler and money marker go) because after they suspended him numerous times for drug/steriod abuse they tried to get him help but he resfused so they cut ties with him.

Even back in 1992 when steriods were very big in the WWF, the WWF fired the British Bulldog and Ultimate Warrior 4 days before a PPV (Survivor Series) and had to replace the Warrior with Mr. Perfect in the main event who hadn't wrestled in over a year. And that was when steriods were big then. The WWF also had suspended Shawn Michaels in 1993 for a failed drug test.

Excellent post and points. You're spot on.

Just adding to what you said earlier the WWE let Kurt Angle (a big name wrestler and money marker go) because after they suspended him numerous times for drug/steriod abuse they tried to get him help but he resfused so they cut ties with him.

Even back in 1992 when steriods were very big in the WWF, the WWF fired the British Bulldog and Ultimate Warrior 4 days before a PPV (Survivor Series) and had to replace the Warrior with Mr. Perfect in the main event who hadn't wrestled in over a year. And that was when steriods were big then. The WWF also had suspended Shawn Michaels in 1993 for a failed drug test.

Mr.Perfect was the man. I used to like him too. Angle got thrown out??? Wow. How could they throw Angle out? Who does McMahon think he is? How many gold medals does he have?

Ok let me now say this. If all this stuff is true about McMahon throwing these guys out and suspending guys before PPV's(and you guys seem to know your wrestling so Im not doubting what you say) then I retract most of my statements and hope you will forgive my ignorance.

Nevertheless, McMahon is still a scumbag and if this were a decent country he wouldnt be allowed to make a ton of money. EDIT* (IN THE INTEREST OF FAIRNESS!!! :lol:)

On top of that lets just wait and see where this drug trail leads that the authorities are now on. And I still think based on that Real Sports on HBO report that he encouraged and told some of his wrestlers to use roids at one time. I still also want to know why he did away with the testing no matter the cost.

I also still want to know why the WWE or someone who got those text messages from Benoit didnt call the police IMMEDIATELY. That baffles me. As I said before I know for a fact if one of my friends or employees sends me those messages it wouldve taken me about 3 seconds before I dialed 911.

Mr.Perfect was the man. I used to like him too. Angle got thrown out??? Wow. How could they throw Angle out? Who does McMahon think he is? How many gold medals does he have?

Yeah the WWE fired/released Angle because the guy didn't want to get himself cleaned up. Angle was one of their biggest draw and made them tons of money but they kicked him out because they didn't want to deal with him.

See stuff like that doesn't get reported because it would make the WWE look good.

Look I'm not saying Vince is a saint or the WWE has never done anything wrong. But to blame this terrible terrible event on them is insane. This happened because of one person, Chris Benoit. He's the one to blame, that's it.

Yeah the WWE fired/released Angle because the guy didn't want to get himself cleaned up. Angle was one of their biggest draw and made them tons of money but they kicked him out because they didn't want to deal with him.

See stuff like that doesn't get reported because it would make the WWE look good.

Look I'm not saying Vince is a saint or the WWE has never done anything wrong. But to blame this terrible terrible event on them is insane. This happened because of one person, Chris Benoit. He's the one to blame, that's it.

I never did blame the incodent on the WWE. And BTW you might find it a surprise to know that when I went to that RAW show in Richmond I told you about one of the signs I took said......"In the interest of fairness". Fact is McMahon's character was one of my favorites on the show at the time. I loved that catch phrase.

And completely unrelated but, I dont know if you guys went to any live shows then or who does the ring announcements now but, that Lilian girl was by far the hottest of all the WWE chicks. She was so much hotter in person than on TV. Not that she wasnt hot on TV but, she was so much hotter than any of the other divas that I felt it was worth mentioning here.

Either that or they were hating on him because they didnt have any gold medals.

Fox news just reported that Benoit's doctor's office is being raided a second time as i type this, as well as his house and his mothers house.

Greta Van Sustern's show is being hosted by someone else tonite, and she says they will be covering it live during the show.

Back
Top Bottom