Chris Clemons- Complete Coverage on Clemons' Coverage | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Clemons- Complete Coverage on Clemons' Coverage

This Clemons convo, has taken over the Ireland bashers. Well, most Ireland bashers were quiet after the draft last year as well. It wasn't until after the 4-3 start did it begins. Southbeach, at this point, put it to rest, because if Clemons, does what he is suppose to do, than we all will be happy, if not, we got to find his replacement..

Let me put it this way, while Clemons is replaceable, he's far from being the most replaceable player on this roster. That's what it all comes down to, every starter cant go to the probowl, then you're left at fixing the weaker link, and then the next one... Clemons is not at the bottom of the chain right now, not even close...

I suppose someone else already pointed out that safety play is terribly difficult to evaluate, even with coaches film, unless you know the player assignments.

He is a BIG improvement on what we had 5 years ago. That being said, an upgrade is imminent but he is serviceable. The talent level of the whole team has improved, but in today's NFL with FA safety might have to wait. We may have his heir apparent already on the roster.

There is 2 points of view on this topic:

-Those of us who think he is decent, serviceable, and solid stop-gap.

-Those of you who think this guy is a top 10 safety.

There isn't anyone saying he is a bum, he is garbage, he is the worst safety... I feel like the people defending him are doing so as if the rest of are really ATTACKING him when we are just pointing out what he is - average at his best.

And tackles aren't a great barometer for skill or effectiveness - Yeremiah Bell was a top2 tackler on our team for 3 years and he was never better than mediocre (way overrated by people on this message board after coming back from injury in '09).

I think safety play is difficult to evaluate not only due to masked assignments, but the realities of this era. I attended the Buffalo game with intent to focus on Reshad Jones. In less than a quarter I gave up. I was missing the game while watching a position that simply isn't involved in many plays. You're dealing with a paltry sample size, with these guys playing so deep in a pass happy era.

I'm hardly surprised at the lack of agreement. That's normalcy when a small sample is debated.

check the avi, had this ever since i got rid of the ginn in 2009 because x-poc negative rep'd everyone single one of my post

Back
Top Bottom