Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place"

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
I dont understand how the Dolphins can hire a new offensive coordinator on one end and then on the other end state the "offense is already in place". Did we hire a drone? Does he have any input into the offense he will be calling? Does he have a philosophy that is different from the "offense already in place". It boggles the mind that we can implement a new coach and then spew the bull **** the offense will not change and is "already in place". Who is running the offense really? Who put the offense in place that Foerster is now in charge of? What a strange offseason. Wanny at its best!!!

I think the term drone is a bit harsh, but it does sound like the new guy is committed to running whatever the team was already planning to run, at least for this year. It doesn't sound ideal to me, but what's a better option at this point?

How about this?? We promote Trestman....who runs a West Coast offense....instead of trying to carry on what the coaches and players have been working on for the past few months. Now we have a COMPLETELY different philosophy. One that...according to Steve Young....takes years to start to feeling comfortable with. And to compound matters, the QBs lose a coach.

Honestly, I don't know what some of you guys expect. The OC gets a serious illness and can't continue. At this point there are VERY few options available. So they go with the best possible solution considering the circumstances. And when I read the words "the offense is in place", I believe it.....because changing the offense now is suicide. I mean, look at Collier. Upon being hired, he said that most of the terminology would remain the same (from Norv's offense) because they didn't want to completely start over. The team is built to win now. Wayne has made it clear that we must win now. So therefore, the coaches are trying to make the players as comfortable and familiar as possible with their schemes and terminology. In short, they're trying to give the players the best chance to win.

People who bash this move as "idiocy, etc" don't see the big picture. You're short-sighted. And you're unrealistic. Sorry for being harsh. But sometimes I get annoyed with this kiddie stuff.

Since some on this board are such experts, I'd love to hear what YOU would have done. Just be warned.....your plan will be picked apart relentlessly.

we have good minds on that side now with trestman and sullivan so i am not worried, it is a good thing to have a young guy take a job like this he could be the next andy reid or john gruden

Of course. I mean, he's not going to be a robot. He'll have his mark on things.

As we know, the offensive gameplan is not created by one man and one man alone. It is a team effort. Everyone is involved. That means Trestman and Sullivan especially will be heavily involved. Just like Collier and Co. were involved with Norv.

Dr. Muck can you tell me the serious illness. You talked to Joe Collier about his illness? I need your inside info!!!

I am attacking Wanny's qoute that the offense is in place. Who the hell's offense is it? The new OC will need time to implement his own thinking and by no means is the offense in place. It was a idiotic statement that needed to be attacked relentlessly just like your medical opinions, Doc.

Denny said:
I dont understand how the Dolphins can hire a new offensive coordinator on one end and then on the other end state the "offense is already in place". Did we hire a drone? Does he have any input into the offense he will be calling? Does he have a philosophy that is different from the "offense already in place". It boggles the mind that we can implement a new coach and then spew the bull **** the offense will not change and is "already in place". Who is running the offense really? Who put the offense in place that Foerster is now in charge of? What a strange offseason. Wanny at its best!!!

He has been a part of forming/creating that very offense for the Phins. I don't understand why it would be so confusing.

Oliver...

Denny said:
Dr. Muck can you tell me the serious illness. You talked to Joe Collier about his illness? I need your inside info!!!

I am attacking Wanny's qoute that the offense is in place. Who the hell's offense is it? The new OC will need time to implement his own thinking and by no means is the offense in place. It was a idiotic statement that needed to be attacked relentlessly just like your medical opinions, Doc.

What are you saying here, that he's not sick? What inside INFO do you have DOC?

All any of us can do is go by what we are told by the Miami Dolphins. Why would they makeup some illness crap to replace an OC? Splain that one to me.

Oliver...

ohall said:
He has been a part of forming/creating that very offense for the Phins. I don't understand why it would be so confusing.

Oliver...

Muck calles his illness "serious". how serious? What is it? When Muck talked to Joe Collier, did he tell him how serious? When Muck talked to Joe Collier's doctor did he tell him how serious?

P.S.
Olly...you keep toeing that company line here at Finheaven.

Denny said:
Muck calles his illness "serious". how serious? What is it? When Muck talked to Joe Collier, did he tell him how serious? When Muck talked to Joe Collier's doctor did he tell him how serious?

P.S.

Go ahead and make your beef off of one word that was used by Muck. I stil don't see how you can say what Muck is saying may not be true, even to the serious level. What's your inside source DOC?

Damn right I will, I may not be a part of that company, but I sure do love that company. Try it some time, you may actually like it. And I toe that company line every where I post. I'm a freaking HOMER, and damn proud of it. Homer fan are the same words to me, obviously to me some of you use the word fan wrongly on a daily basis. Some of you are critics, not fans.

Oliver...

Denny said:

Wow, so that's what you would have done instead of promoting Foerster?? I'm speechless. Wait, you didn't even address that issue. So I'm assuming you have nothing to offer there. And that pretty much renders your response meaningless.

I never said you're statement was "idiotic". You did. :lol: But hey, if the shoe fits......:rofl:

Finally, the illness. If it wasn't serious, he wouldn't be giving up the dream job he just got. And if I have this right.....I have to DISPROVE the Dolphins and Boomer (thru a Palm Beach Post reporter) when they say it's a health issue?? IMO, you need to PROVE that it isn't, smartass.

If you're gonna sling that BS nonsense, expect to get called on it.

Denny said:

P.S.

Just make sure your next post isn't just as lame as your last three. I'm giddy with anticipation!! :lol:

Clumpy said:
Miami offense:

Ricky run left....Ricky run right....Fiedler to Boston incomplete....PUNT!

:foundout:

Then you woke up.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom