Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place"

FoxSports blurb on the promotion

Wannstedt makes right call
Even with Marc Trestman on his coaching staff, Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt made the right call in elevating tight ends coach Chris Foerster to replace Joel Collier as offensive coordinator. Trestman is better suited to work with the quarterbacks and does prefer to throw the football more than Wannstedt wants to, considering the team has Ricky Williams.

But the bottom line is Trestman already has proven to be a below-average offensive coordinator. He didn't fit with the 49ers or last season with the Raiders.

The other candidate was receivers coach Jerry Sullivan, but he has his hands full with newcomer David Boston. Boston figures to be a full-time job for Sullivan, who wanted to quit last season as Arizona's offensive coordinator.

The only thing bad about the Foerster promotion is that he will have Wannstedt in his ear a lot. With Norv Turner running the offense, Wannstedt allowed Turner to make most of the calls. He will undoubtedly be more hands-on with Foerster.

Just another slant I thought I'd share.

Entire post

Sorry Wharf... I actually didn't want to post the link because I was afraid the link's other articles might side track the thread. But, here goes anyway.

NathanHunt said:
Entire post

Sorry Wharf... I actually didn't want to post the link because I was afraid the link's other articles might side track the thread. But, here goes anyway.

No problem... but if you're going to quote part of an article, you need to have the link there... copyright laws, etc...

Thanks!

BLITZKRIEG said:
This is very disturbing news IMO.

I'm not at all comfortable with the way Dave has handled the new OC job this off-season either. Even J. Collier was a reach IMO. The guy had zero experience at the OC position, and now he's replacing him with another zero experience guy???.... :shakeno:

This so-called "over-exaustion" is JC's illness. Nothing more from what we know, or what they'll tell us. This "illness" is not at all life threatening either.

MY OPINION : This "illness" sounds more like a cop out to me. JC simply was not ready to take on the responsibility IMO, and he decided that this was the time to step down before getting himself in deeper doo doo.

I have a very hard time buying the "illness" line. If it's not life threatening, how sick could he actually be???....Does he have the flu??....a 24 hr virus???....What is the "illness"????...

Thus far, they've tapped danced around answering that question. Why???...

This has been a joke of an off-season IMO, and the Phinz offense is being dragged down because of it. I don't like it....AT ALL!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!! :cry:

I think this happens in sports more often than people realize. Same happens I'm sure in all phases of business. Sometimes it's someone's turn to move up but they just arent ready. The most unfortunate thing about this is the timing and other reversals, etc that we've faced. Embarrassing ..... :goof:

Back
Top Bottom