Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place"

BLITZKRIEG said:
This is very disturbing news IMO.

I'm not at all comfortable with the way Dave has handled the new OC job this off-season either. Even J. Collier was a reach IMO. The guy had zero experience at the OC position, and now he's replacing him with another zero experience guy???.... :shakeno:

This so-called "over-exaustion" is JC's illness. Nothing more from what we know, or what they'll tell us. This "illness" is not at all life threatening either.

MY OPINION : This "illness" sounds more like a cop out to me. JC simply was not ready to take on the responsibility IMO, and he decided that this was the time to step down before getting himself in deeper doo doo.

I have a very hard time buying the "illness" line. If it's not life threatening, how sick could he actually be???....Does he have the flu??....a 24 hr virus???....What is the "illness"????...

Thus far, they've tapped danced around answering that question. Why???......
They've tap danced around answering the question because another man's health is none of our business.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I have a very hard time buying the "illness" line. If it's not life threatening, how sick could he actually be???....Does he have the flu??....a 24 hr virus???....What is the "illness"????...

could be anything from Hepititis, to Diabetes, to kidney stones... actually the list is huge... none of which are "life-threatening" persay, but all of which would have a Dr advise to "cut back". Since I don't know for sure, I certainly won't presume to state "he's not sick" just because it's not necessarily "life threatening"

BLITZKRIEG said:
Thus far, they've tapped danced around answering that question. Why???...

Perhaps because it's HIS business? I don't know, but if I had something like Hep C, I'm not sure I'd want that all over S Fla papers... would you?

My take on the illness:

It might be total BS and an excuse for MC to take a job he feels comfortable with. If so, WHO CARES? Would you rather have the man doing the job even though he feels he's over his head? If they're trumping up a health concern to cover it, that's just good PR. That goes double if it's the gray area where there is a health concern to point to but where it's not really the reason for the change. If it's all about helping MC save face or DW save face, that's fine with me. All that really matters in my mind is having a man at OC who has the talent and capability to do the job. We aren't certain that the new guy has the talent, but at least we know he is capable of giving it his all. We're certain that MC doesn't have that capability for one reason or another.

The other alternative, of course, is that the team is being absolutely truthful. If so, I hope those who feel it's certain that this is a bunch of BS are proud of yourselves.

Muck said:
How about this?? We promote Trestman....who runs a West Coast offense....instead of trying to carry on what the coaches and players have been working on for the past few months. Now we have a COMPLETELY different philosophy. One that...according to Steve Young....takes years to start to feeling comfortable with. And to compound matters, the QBs lose a coach.

Honestly, I don't know what some of you guys expect. The OC gets a serious illness and can't continue. At this point there are VERY few options available. So they go with the best possible solution considering the circumstances. And when I read the words "the offense is in place", I believe it.....because changing the offense now is suicide. I mean, look at Collier. Upon being hired, he said that most of the terminology would remain the same (from Norv's offense) because they didn't want to completely start over. The team is built to win now. Wayne has made it clear that we must win now. So therefore, the coaches are trying to make the players as comfortable and familiar as possible with their schemes and terminology. In short, they're trying to give the players the best chance to win.

People who bash this move as "idiocy, etc" don't see the big picture. You're short-sighted. And you're unrealistic. Sorry for being harsh. But sometimes I get annoyed with this kiddie stuff.

Since some on this board are such experts, I'd love to hear what YOU would have done. Just be warned.....your plan will be picked apart relentlessly.

I actually agree, even though at first I was a bit shocked with the choosing of Foerster. In complete honesty it was because I had never even heard of the guy, and because our off season has been a little zany. I like the fact that Foerster worked with some high powered o's and hopefully he can incorporate some of the PA he had in Indy. I think given the guys we have on offense we should still do pretty good. I only hope Foerster removes the blinders and doesnt fall into the Wanny offense moad. Given the circumstances, I would have given Chris the job. We need Mark and Jerry where they are. That is where they will do the best for our team now.

This offenses trouble goes back 10 years to Shula's last year. The offense is in place and you can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit.

NE lucked up on Brady. We just need to hope that we lucked up on Feeley.

Denny, I do believe that Collier is sick but Wanny still has the power to hire and fire his coaching staff. Since the VP of opperations is a vacant position, Wanny's moves like this one go unchecked.

The fact is, coaches always have and always should have the ability to choose their staff. I mean, these are the guys who are going to pass on their philosophy. And these are the guys you're going to spend 16 hours a day, 7 days a week with.

I think Al Davis is the only front office guy who doesn't allow his HC total autonomy when picking the coaching staff (IIRC).

Sherif...if you add mayonaise and celery seed and put it on crackers, you'd never know the difference....LOL

Me and Muck have a good history so there are no hard feelings. It makes for good entertainment for the offseason to disagree.

As to the thread... I have a hard time accepting a man has a illness that will require him to cut back from working hard yet he still remains a coach. Joe Collier despite his "serious" illness will be coaching fulltime this year. Joe Collier despite his "serious" illness will work over 10 hour days as a NFL assistamt coach. Joe Collier will be responsible for performing a job that only 30 + running back coaches have in the entire world. What is your defintion of serious? If it was serious he would not be working at all!!!!

Denny said:
As to the thread... I have a hard time accepting a man has a illness that will require him to cut back from working hard yet he still remains a coach. Joe Collier despite his "serious" illness will be coaching fulltime this year. Joe Collier despite his "serious" illness will work over 10 hour days as a NFL assistamt coach. Joe Collier will be responsible for performing a job that only 30 + running back coaches have in the entire world. What is your defintion of serious? If it was serious he would not be working at all!!!!

I'll say it again.

Diabetes, Hepetitis, Kidney Problems, Liver Function Disorders, etc, etc, etc...

All these and more are examples of conditions that are SERIOUS enough for a Dr to ask him to "cut back" from the 18+hrs a day as OC... to the 10+ hrs a day (10 was your number), and still work. I know several diabetics, and one or two Hep C patients that had to "cut back" on workload, but are still very able to work.

Sorry... but your sceptism is very short sighted.

Denny said:
Me and Muck have a good history so there are no hard feelings. It makes for good entertainment for the offseason to disagree.

I dont think anyone with a serious injury can work a full work load of ten PLUS hours a day in the NFL. I was being very conservative in the number 10. We all know that Joe Collier will be expected toi stay with the coaches in gameplanning and at times that means 18 hour days. I need to have his serious illness so that I could work some 18 hour days.

It's a system and a system does not dictate playcalling. If you run the WCO and as a cordinater you would rather run more than you pass than so be it, call the plays.
Speaking of the WCO Walsh called it different than Seiffert and he called it different than Marriucci who calls it different than Gruden who calls it different than Reid, Holmgren, Sherman and Shannahan.

Norv Turner's offense is what Matrz and Vermiel uses and they call the game different than Norv.
I don't understand the problem here, Martz wasn't a OC when he became one at St Louis.
Do people think that OC's are born and not taught or trained?
The play book is in place because it's easier for one man to learn it and the terminalogy than it is for the rest of the players and coaching staff to have to learn it.

Foerster can put his own stamp or style on it without being restricted to the system.
This is really getting over blown.

I think it was a good choice to promote Chris. It doesn't really matter anyway, Wanny will keep the OC under wraps like he did with Norv. Here is a quote on our new OC from one of the better Qb's to ever play football.

''Chris is going to do a great job for the Dolphins,'' Indianapolis quarterback and co-MVP Peyton Manning said in a statement. ``When he was here in Indianapolis, I appreciated his input in our offense, and I know our tight ends -- Marcus Pollard and Dallas Clark -- did as well. He brings knowledge and passion to the game and will be a true asset in Miami.''

Back
Top Bottom