Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Foerster and the "offense is already in place"

JJ, based on the intelligence of your other posts I find it surprising that you question the validity of Coach Colliers illness and say that it could be public relations. No way. What the guy probably has is an ailment similar to depression or something like that. It's not the most manly thing for a Football Coach to admit to so for now it's a secret. The Dolphin organization doesn't bull**** it's fanbase with fairytales. Believe me when I tell you this guy has a bonifide illness. Having said that the bottom line is that the new O.C. drew raves around the N.F.L. from people like Manning, Tony Dungy and Dennis Greene. We may have improved our situation at O.C. Foerster probably is better suited to take this job than Collier and could very well be a rising star in the Coaching ranks. So, let's hope #1 that Joel Collier beats whatever is ailing him quickly and settles back into his old job. He's still on the staff so it's not like we've lost the guy and #2 let's support the incoming O.C. and hope that he has a mind of his own. Indianapolis did great with their Tight Ends, Dallas Clark and Marcus Pollard, while Foerster was at the helm so maybe this is what we needed to get McMike going in a big way. Let's take lemons and make lemonade.

Denny said:
I dont think anyone with a serious injury can work a full work load of ten PLUS hours a day in the NFL. I was being very conservative in the number 10. We all know that Joe Collier will be expected toi stay with the coaches in gameplanning and at times that means 18 hour days. I need to have his serious illness so that I could work some 18 hour days.

When did it become an injury?

Tell me that the RB coaches workload is just as intense as that of the OC.

The point is we don't know what his condition is ...so we shouldn't be ASSuming we do....

BSQX4 said:
JJ, based on the intelligence of your other posts I find it surprising that you question the validity of Coach Colliers illness and say that it could be public relations.

For all we know, it could be PR. My point is that even if we assume the worst (a total lie), it doesn't matter. For whatever reason, MC doesn't have the capacity for the job. Why do we need details?

No way. What the guy probably has is an ailment similar to depression or something like that. It's not the most manly thing for a Football Coach to admit to so for now it's a secret.

That's fine by me. I dont need every detail no matter if it is a "real" ailment or a trumped up one. MC deserves his privacy, and I'll respect it.

The Dolphin organization doesn't bull**** it's fanbase with fairytales. Believe me when I tell you this guy has a bonifide illness.

If you're telling me this because you have actual knowledge of his medical condition, shame on you. If you're drawing that conclusion from your belief that the organization is absolutely honest with us, then I'm going to suggest that you think about that really hard before you ask me to buy that bill of goods.

Having said that the bottom line is that the new O.C. drew raves around the N.F.L. from people like Manning, Tony Dungy and Dennis Greene.

Those quotes were nice and all, but they tell me nothing about this guy's capacity to be an OC. That's an unknown that we're going to explore.

We may have improved our situation at O.C. Foerster probably is better suited to take this job than Collier and could very well be a rising star in the Coaching ranks.

I certainly hope you're right about that. I'm rooting for the guy.

So, let's hope #1 that Joel Collier beats whatever is ailing him quickly and settles back into his old job. He's still on the staff so it's not like we've lost the guy and #2 let's support the incoming O.C. and hope that he has a mind of his own.

If JC has something that can be beaten, I absolutely hope it happens. If he has a chronic condition, I hope he finds the sort of balance he thinks he will find by stepping back into his old job. If somebody just feels a mistake was made, I'm glad that this decision was made sooner rather than later. We all make mistakes, and I can understand why it might be best to find a face saving way to present this to the public given what we have seen among the fanbase.

Does that flesh out my stance on the issue well enough for you? If not, ask.

WharfRat said:
When did it become an injury?

Tell me that the RB coaches workload is just as intense as that of the OC.

The point is we don't know what his condition is ...so we shouldn't be ASSuming we do....

I can assume that his condition is not serious enough to keep him out of work. I can ASSume tell that his condition allows him to work 10-18 hour days as required by a NFL coach. I can tell you that you should assume you have no clue on this topic. Your up!

Denny said:
I can assume that his condition is not serious enough to keep him out of work. I can ASSume tell that his condition allows him to work 10-18 hour days as required by a NFL coach. I can tell you that you should assume you have no clue on this topic. Your up!

Actually... the only thing I ASSume is that you do WAY too much ASSuming... and that you continue to say you proved something, when in fact, you proved nothing.
Perhaps it's you who has no clue. Perhaps none of us have a clue as to what the condition is.. and ASSumptions are just that. PROVE to me you KNOW what the condition is... and I'll stop thinking you're just pulling crap out of the blue, because you want to ASSume the worst.

You'd be up...except you keep striking out... next batter....

Muck said:
How about this?? We promote Trestman....who runs a West Coast offense....instead of trying to carry on what the coaches and players have been working on for the past few months. Now we have a COMPLETELY different philosophy. One that...according to Steve Young....takes years to start to feeling comfortable with. And to compound matters, the QBs lose a coach.

Honestly, I don't know what some of you guys expect. The OC gets a serious illness and can't continue. At this point there are VERY few options available. So they go with the best possible solution considering the circumstances. And when I read the words "the offense is in place", I believe it.....because changing the offense now is suicide. I mean, look at Collier. Upon being hired, he said that most of the terminology would remain the same (from Norv's offense) because they didn't want to completely start over. The team is built to win now. Wayne has made it clear that we must win now. So therefore, the coaches are trying to make the players as comfortable and familiar as possible with their schemes and terminology. In short, they're trying to give the players the best chance to win.

People who bash this move as "idiocy, etc" don't see the big picture. You're short-sighted. And you're unrealistic. Sorry for being harsh. But sometimes I get annoyed with this kiddie stuff.

Since some on this board are such experts, I'd love to hear what YOU would have done. Just be warned.....your plan will be picked apart relentlessly.

Thanks Muck, some sign of sanity does still exist on this board. :D

Thank JJ, I appreciate the time you took to respond. I've had high regard for you since you've been on board and your honesty and candor and overall knowledge of Football make you a top notch poster. I have zero firsthand knowledge of Coach Colliers condition. I was hazarding a guess on what it might be. O.C. is alot of pressure and he is known to be a workaholic so I assumed he was driving himself and it led to a condition that caused his Drs. to tell him to take a step back, a big step back. I agree that dispite ringing endorsements we need to hope for the best as Dolphin fans. I've followed this team since day#1 and have always trusted what came out of the Front Office. When has the team lied to us that you want me to think hard about? I'm willing to but get me started. Thanks

Well, there is the "deep into playoffs or Wanny is fired" lie. I understand the reasoning behind the change, but that doesn't reduce the deception that I know a lot of us felt. There is also the draft talk, though I think you could expect deception there. There are also the assurances the team was going to correct the OL last offseason. I'm not trying to complain too much because I understand that deception comes from many different things: a desire to give the fans the info they want, a need to do what is right no matter what you said you'd do, a desire to avoid tipping your hand to other teams, a desire to pacify a player who needs to think you're committed to him when you're not so he shows up and plays out the rest of his contract, and even the desire to not rile up the fickle fans. It's a tough business.

Honestly, my best guess about the situation is not that different from what yours is. To me, that would represent a mixed situation where MC probably could have continued at the risk of his own health but that the desire to have the job wasn't worth the risk to him. Even if there is a lie or a deception, I'm sure that there is at least a kernel of truth to it as in that situation.

Jimmy James said:
If I had Anna and Britney naked in front of me, I'd be complaining that Salma wasn't there... ;)

As well you should!

Drooooooooooooool, Salma, she's darn hot.

Oliver...

Denny said:

So what are you actually implying here? Why in YPOV did he quit his OC job?

Oliver...

I knew the Salma fans would come out of hiding eventually. I saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico mostly just to see her...I'd pay to be handcuffed to her like Banderas was.

Muck said:
Yeah man. I've got all the Tecmo Bowl plays down in my head. All 4 of them. We would be unstoppable....unless someone matched my playcall. :lol:

Haha Tecmo Bowl, I remember playing that. The side view was weird at that time.

That's funny as heck! I watched Once Upon A Time In Mexico yesterday and it was a really cool movie. Salma was totally smokin'!!!!!! She is so hot. I also like Jennifer Anistan, Uma Thurman and Denise Richards. Couldn't go wrong with any of them. There's always Cathy Moriarty in "Raging Bull."

Back
Top Bottom