Chris Johnson to Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Johnson to Jets

Jets fans coming out of the cracks. Hilarious. Cute that they think there team is some sort of powerhouse right now. Michael Vick and Chris Johnson? Great signings if this was 2010. Today they are OK signings, CJ is the better of the two. Better hope your season doesn't come down to Vick being the starting quarterback, he won't last more than a few games before getting hurt.

Really Jets fans all you got was a pretty good running, you still really don't have a QB and besides Decker(who really is a #2), you have no wide receivers. Holmes is gone, Cromartie is gone. Not sure they are all that much better than last year.

Jets sign RB Chris Johnson (2 years, $8 million): D Grade
I hope Rex Ryan enjoyed his time coaching the Jets because his fate has been sealed. He will be fired at the end of this season in the wake of the Chris Johnson signing. On the bright side, the Jets are likely to have a top-two selection next spring, as seen here in my 2015 NFL Mock Draft.

This is a terrible signing on so many levels. First of all, Johnson is not a good player. He frequently dances around behind the line of scrimmage and has too many negative runs. He doesn't have his elite speed anymore - he turns 29 in September - so there is no more upside with all of his downside. Johnson is also terrible on third downs because he's atrocious in pass protection. Second, Johnson is an awful person to have in the locker room because he throws his teammates and coaching staff under the bus whenever he struggles. Instead of taking the blame himselves (Emmitt Mock is coming soon!) - most of which he deserves - he spreads it around, creating a horrible vibe.

Third, Johnson, like the quarterback the Jets just signed, is a coach killer. Not only is he bad to have around teammates, as mentioned, but he happens to be an extremely overrated commodity. He's still a big name, so the media will hype up the Jets entering this season. Offseason hype plus regular-season disappointment is a recipe for coaches being fired, so Ryan will be the latest victim of CJ2YPC and the new quarterback.
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014recap.php

Paired with an already strong running game? Yea he could be very effective with ivory imo

Unless they paid stupid money

If Mike Goodson could stay out of trouble they wouldn't need him, he's declining and even with the fixes Tennessee made on the OL last year he still faltered.

Well, I'll say this.

I desperately did not want Miami to sign this bum, because he has just been flat out bad.

But if he's hungry and actually playing for another contract again? Might be different. We'll see.

Fantastic. But let's be real. The Jets are a better team. Especially now. Sorry about that last game btw. It could be worse. We could be Bills fans.
A better team than what? Last year? That is up for debate. Than the Dolphins? Please explain why. The Jets were 6-10 and 8-8 the last 2 seasons. The Jets beat us in week 17 when our O was dreadful. We got shut out by the Bills the week before. The Jets still have a losing record against the Dolphins under Rex. The Jets have just as many (if not more) questions as the Dolphins do.

Jets fans coming out of the cracks. Hilarious. Cute that they think there team is some sort of powerhouse right now. Michael Vick and Chris Johnson? Great signings if this was 2010. Today they are OK signings, CJ is the better of the two. Better hope your season doesn't come down to Vick being the starting quarterback, he won't last more than a few games before getting hurt.

Really Jets fans all you got was a pretty good running, you still really don't have a QB and besides Decker(who really is a #2), you have no wide receivers. Holmes is gone, Cromartie is gone. Not sure they are all that much better than last year.

Whose saying the Jets are a powerhouse? Please explain.

RB wasn't the Jets issue, but hey....it looks good and keeps masses happy...I wonder is Rex got a peek at the feet before he signed?

some of these comments are comical, you do realize we got great value and he will be a part time player, right? No one expects 2,000 yds but he gives us an explosive playmaker who will be a great check down option for a young QB. we haven't had any real weapons on O the last 2-3 years. The talent has been greatly increased w/o sacrificing tons of cap room. a duo w/ the battering ram Ivory and the explosiveness of Johnson can be dynamic. Ivory pounding away wearing down Ds then the speed of Johnson coming in or vice versa.

another excellent move by Idzik, we have had an outstanding offseason so far and w/ 12 picks in a deep draft it should only get better.

Idzik likes lower cost moves and using the draft, year 1 produced a what looks like a very good draft. if that happens again we can be set up for years to come IF Geno keeps improving. till a ton of work to be done but I love what we have done, I was very critical of Idzik early on and obviously I preferred to keep Mark but he's done a good job at getting value guys in FA and stockpiling picks- now he has to hit on those picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love folks that "hate" me that can't stop talking about me.

I love folks that "hate" me that can't stop talking about me.

I love folks that run to Gangreen and complain about how badly Finheaven treated you like you're entitled to some sort of special treatment. Got news for you buddy, you're just another poster and subject to the same rules everyone else is.

I got the under that Vark put up...I think he came back then got banned again. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom