Chris Johnson to Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Johnson to Jets

I love folks that run to Gangreen and complain about how badly Finheaven treated you like you're entitled to some sort of special treatment. Got news for you buddy, you're just another poster and subject to the same rules everyone else is.

I didn't run anywhere, a follower of mine on here ran over there. He asked me about it.

I never asked to be treated better than anyone but I didn't deserve to be suspended especially the 2nd time which was a complete joke.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

:lol: Keep telling yourself that

I know we suck, Miami is #1! it's amazing how we always suck and make bad moves and you guys always make great moves yet we always seem to finish ahead of you.

some of these comments are comical, you do realize we got great value and he will be a part time player, right? No one expects 2,000 yds but he gives us an explosive playmaker who will be a great check down option for a young QB. we haven't had any real weapons on O the last 2-3 years. The talent has been greatly increased w/o sacrificing tons of cap room. a duo w/ the battering ram Ivory and the explosiveness of Johnson can be dynamic. Ivory pounding away wearing down Ds then the speed of Johnson coming in or vice versa.

another excellent move by Idzik, we have had an outstanding offseason so far and w/ 12 picks in a deep draft it should only get better.

Idzik likes lower cost moves and using the draft, year 1 produced a what looks like a very good draft. if that happens again we can be set up for years to come IF Geno keeps improving. till a ton of work to be done but I love what we have done, I was very critical of Idzik early on and obviously I preferred to keep Mark but he's done a good job at getting value guys in FA and stockpiling picks- now he has to hit on those picks.

I think signing Johnson was a nice move. I wouldn't call it great value though. I guess it depends on which CJ the Jets are getting. We will see how he feels about being a part time player.

You really think the talent has been greatly increased as of right now? Is Giacomini better than Howard? I don't think so. I know Vick is a better backup than anything the Jets had last year, but you better hope he doesn't win the starting job. I'd probably give Decker an edge over Holmes since Holmes has always been injured the past couple years. But I think a healthy Holmes is more explosive than Decker. CJ over Goodson is an upgrade since Goodson had injury and off the field problems. Who else have they signed that I don't know about? I know they lost Cromartie, and haven't signed a TE to replace Winslow. I know they have a lot of draft picks that they can use to fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the talent has been greatly increased.

I think signing Johnson was a nice move. I wouldn't call it great value though. I guess it depends on which CJ the Jets are getting. We will see how he feels about being a part time player.

You really think the talent has been greatly increased as of right now? Is Giacomini better than Howard? I don't think so. I know Vick is a better backup than anything the Jets had last year, but you better hope he doesn't win the starting job. I'd probably give Decker an edge over Holmes since Holmes has always been injured the past couple years. But I think a healthy Holmes is more explosive than Decker. CJ over Goodson is an upgrade since Goodson had injury and off the field problems. Who else have they signed that I don't know about? I know they lost Cromartie, and haven't signed a TE to replace Winslow. I know they have a lot of draft picks that they can use to fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the talent has been greatly increased.

yes I think the talent is significantly better for the QBs.

Decker is better than any WR we have had since 2010/11.
Giacomini-Howard is probably a wash
Johnson gives us a really nice duo and let's not forget Powell

holmes hasn't been healthy since 2011 and even at his healthiest w/ Ben he never put up #s like Decker but he did make a million big plays which decker has not. I'd love 2010 Holmes back, unfortunately that guy hasn't been around for years. I am comparing the talent to what we have had the last 2-3 years.

this team still has holes, most notably at corner. I expect a TE, WR, CB and S in the draft or at least 3 of those 4 positions. if we draft well the talent upgrade will be huge, right now it's better.

and don't forget we still have the 2nd most cap room, cap flexibility w/ tons of picks. that's a good way to build a team but still a ton of work to be done.

yes I think the talent is significantly better for the QBs.

Decker is better than any WR we have had since 2010/11.
Giacomini-Howard is probably a wash
Johnson gives us a really nice duo and let's not forget Powell

holmes hasn't been healthy since 2011 and even at his healthiest w/ Ben he never put up #s like Decker but he did make a million big plays which decker has not. I'd love 2010 Holmes back, unfortunately that guy hasn't been around for years. I am comparing the talent to what we have had the last 2-3 years.

this team still has holes, most notably at corner. I expect a TE, WR, CB and S in the draft or at least 3 of those 4 positions. if we draft well the talent upgrade will be huge, right now it's better.

and don't forget we still have the 2nd most cap room, cap flexibility w/ tons of picks. that's a good way to build a team but still a ton of work to be done.

So basically it is the 2 guys (Decker and CJ) that you think has greatly improved the talent of the team? They could be great for the Jets, but I am not sold on either of them.

Holmes never played with Peyton Manning either. I could be wrong, but I don't think Decker will be putting up nearly the same numbers as he did with Denver.

Having a lot of cap space doesn't mean much when you don't use it. :lol: The jets had a lot of opportunities to significantly improve the team, and either chose not to, or really misread the market on several players.

There is still the draft which can fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the Jets have significantly improved.

I didn't run anywhere, a follower of mine on here ran over there. He asked me about it.

I never asked to be treated better than anyone but I didn't deserve to be suspended especially the 2nd time which was a complete joke.

If you continually broke site rules, you get suspended. Simple as that. Everyone's gotta follow 'em regardless of what team you root for. There's no special treatment for Jets fans who have been on here for 10+ years.

So basically it is the 2 guys (Decker and CJ) that you think has greatly improved the talent of the team? They could be great for the Jets, but I am not sold on either of them.

Holmes never played with Peyton Manning either. I could be wrong, but I don't think Decker will be putting up nearly the same numbers as he did with Denver.

Having a lot of cap space doesn't mean much when you don't use it. :lol: The jets had a lot of opportunities to significantly improve the team, and either chose not to, or really misread the market on several players.

There is still the draft which can fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the Jets have significantly improved.

absolutely, decker alone was a major upgrade. Pairing Johnson w/ Ivory is a big addition.

Decker caught 8 TDs from Tebow/Orton the year before peyton.

the Jets chose not to overpay for certain players they didn't feel were worth it. Wilkerson will be up for a new deal next year, that will take a big chunk of cap room. His philosophy appears to be sign value FAs w/ the occasional big money guy, accumulate picks and build through the draft w/ cap flexibility.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

If you continually broke site rules, you get suspended. Simple as that. Everyone's gotta follow 'em regardless of what team you root for. There's no special treatment for Jets fans who have been on here for 10+ years.

but I didn't continually break the rules.

It was fun while it lasted, guys.

Seriously. The last few weeks of reading this site were greatly improved. It really has nothing to do with a person that has a different opinion because we still have plenty of those people. It's the constant derailing of threads that gets old.

Seriously. The last few weeks of reading this site were greatly improved. It really has nothing to do with a person that has a different opinion because we still have plenty of those people. It's the constant derailing of threads that gets old.

it does suck when my fans are so infatuated w/ me that they derail threads. I find it humorous you are complaining about something like that while participating in what you are whining about.

I also find it humorous when posters that rarely contribute to the board waste their precious few posts complaining about me.

90% of your 27k posts have been the same worthless **** so the "contribution" bit you like to pull all the time is pretty funny.

absolutely, decker alone was a major upgrade. Pairing Johnson w/ Ivory is a big addition.

Decker caught 8 TDs from Tebow/Orton the year before peyton.

the Jets chose not to overpay for certain players they didn't feel were worth it. Wilkerson will be up for a new deal next year, that will take a big chunk of cap room. His philosophy appears to be sign value FAs w/ the occasional big money guy, accumulate picks and build through the draft w/ cap flexibility..

Decker did catch 8 TDs from Tebow / Orton, but he only had 44 receptions for 600 yards. Catching 8 TDs from a bad QB is nice, but it has been done before. A washed up Plaxico Burress caught 8 TDs from Mark buttfumble in 2011. :lol: I just don't see Decker as a 10 TD, 1,000 yard receiver with the Jets.

I don't have a problem with that type of approach to free agency, but Idzik has botched some deals.

Jets called Emmanuel Sanders' camp last Saturday to schedule visit (after #NYJ pulled out of original visit date). But they were too late.
— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) March 18, 2014

Giants: $10M SB/ $16M in 1st 2 yrs RT @adbrandt Jets wanted prove it deal for DRC: $6M this yr w/options. Offer didn't match recruiting zeal
— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) March 18, 2014

That is a ridiculous offer when a team who is worse off from a cap stand point offers nearly double. It is one thing to not want to overpay a player, but Idzik wasn't even in the ball park for DRC's market value.

Jets made 11th hour offer for DRC after an initial low-ball offer. However, it was too late by then. Giants had all but wrapped up deal #nyj

There was a lot of talent out there that the Jets could have added. I'm sure they chose not to overpay some of those guys, but it seems like Idzik dropped the ball on a few as well.

As a rival fan, I prefer the Jets current approach. None of the signings have me worried. Maybe Idzik is building for the future, but there is no guarantee that it will work. Putting the team in a better position for the future means that you are leaving things off the table that could drastically improve the team right now. I know big offseason moves don't always pan out, but I would feel a lot less comfortable about the Jets had they signed some of the top free agents that were available.

90% of your 27k posts have been the same worthless **** so the "contribution" bit you like to pull all the time is pretty funny.

I thank you for reading my post and for being a fan.

Decker did catch 8 TDs from Tebow / Orton, but he only had 44 receptions for 600 yards. Catching 8 TDs from a bad QB is nice, but it has been done before. A washed up Plaxico Burress caught 8 TDs from Mark buttfumble in 2011. :lol: I just don't see Decker as a 10 TD, 1,000 yard receiver with the Jets.

I don't have a problem with that type of approach to free agency, but Idzik has botched some deals.

That is a ridiculous offer when a team who is worse off from a cap stand point offers nearly double. It is one thing to not want to overpay a player, but Idzik wasn't even in the ball park for DRC's market value.

There was a lot of talent out there that the Jets could have added. I'm sure they chose not to overpay some of those guys, but it seems like Idzik dropped the ball on a few as well.

As a rival fan, I prefer the Jets current approach. None of the signings have me worried. Maybe Idzik is building for the future, but there is no guarantee that it will work. Putting the team in a better position for the future means that you are leaving things off the table that could drastically improve the team right now. I know big offseason moves don't always pan out, but I would feel a lot less comfortable about the Jets had they signed some of the top free agents that were available.

44 recs and 600 yds in his first season starting w/ 8 TDs from 2 of the worst QBs in the league is pretty damn good.

Demaryius Thomas had 32 recs and 4 TDs.

He clearly didn't value those players, whether he is right or wrong will be proven in the coming years but if he valued them they'd be Jets or at least would have gotten competitive offers.

DRC has been on 4 teams in 4 years, contemplated retirement. I am happy we didn't overpay, I wanted the real Cro back but they have their reasons for not wanting him b/c they could have had him cheap.

Remember, he's not building for 2014. He's building for sustainable success. the goal is not to overpay for some band aids to "fix" supposed holes all in one offseason.

going into the draft our biggest needs are WR, TE, CB, S. I don't want him to reach to fill those needs. Last year if he didn't take BPA we don't have the DROY and what looks like a potential big time young corner.

I was very critical of Idzik a year ago, it looks like I was wrong. I am on board now, let's see if it works out in the coming years.

Back
Top Bottom