Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say we win 9 game this year an suprise a few. Then take a big leap the following year.

And what do we have to show for the last 10-15 years? NOTHING!

When you talk like that you make us sound even sadder. Like a short guy that can't dunk a basketball making fun of someone who misses a few.

At least we don't claim to be good or elite when we're really not! Yes, I can say the Miami Dolphins have been a bad football team the last few years...I'm not going to sit here and say we're good because we won a division title and went 11-5 four years ago! Junc's taking it to a whole new level of spin when he's calling the Jets ELITE because they made it to the AFC Championship the 2 years prior to going 8-8!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle was an elite team in the mid 90s, in the playoffs every year and raching the SB once.

If we are going with your definition of an elite team, the 2005 -2010 Seahawks are way more of an elite team then the Jets.

Over the course of a decade I'd agree w/ you, I think you at least need to reach a SB over the course of a decade to be considered elite(along w/ a bunch of other playoff success) but in a 3-5 year window or so you can be elite w/o a SB app or win.

The Seahawks went to the SB in 05, were within 1 score from reaching the NFC championship game for a 2nd time in 5 years, which according to your defination of an elite team, make them one.

By the way, calling the Seahawks elite would get you laughed at anywhere you want.....just like calling the Jets elite.

I will give the Jets their due, no matter how they got to the playoff, they did do what they had to once they were in, but what they did in the regular season is far from elite.

If we are going with your definition of an elite team, the Seahawks are way more of an elite team then the Jets.

The Seahawks went to the SB in 05, were within 1 score from reaching the NFC championship game for a 2nd time in 5 years, which according to your defination of an elite team, make them one.

By the way, calling the Seahawks elite would get you laughed at anywhere you want.....just like calling the Jets elite.

I will give the Jets their due, no matter how they got to the playoff, they did do what they had to once they were in, but what they did in the regular season is far from elite.

The Seahawks were good for a longer period of time but give this Jets team a few more years and we'll see where they stack up.

The top teams are elite teams, the Seahawks were a top team in the mid 00s, the Jets have been a top team in recent years.

The Seahawks were good for a longer period of time but give this Jets team a few more years and we'll see where they stack up.

The top teams are elite teams, the Seahawks were a top team in the mid 00s, the Jets have been a top team in recent years.

Your team will get their chance this year, if they can reach the playoffs, go back to the championship game,, and then win the SB, then with what they did in 09 and 10, you have to call them elite...anything less will not cut it as Elite.

Reach the championship game again, and you can start calling them a top team, but that is all, Elite teams win championshps.

Too funny. From their first game in Sept, 09, until and through their last competitive game, the 14th when they lost at home to ATL, the 7-7 jets ranged from terrible to mediocre. Even begrudging them credit for a joke of a post season against a team that beat itself and a dead team walking, and then giving them props for a good but not championship level 2010 including postseason, a 54 week spread that ended in a loss to Pittsburgh in January 2011, before resuming their 8-8 mediocrity in ending with an upset win by the Fins New Years day 2012, essentially over a span of 139 weeks, they strung together a measly 54 week competitive run.

Here's there actual 139 week (not even 3 years) chit sandwich with a few slabs of actual fatty meat sandwiched in its middle.

jetselitebolognesandwic-1.jpg

I wonder what 3rd grade style photoshops vaark would be posting if it was Miami that had the same success as the jets the last 3 seasons? Hmmmm

29kykwy_th-1.jpg

juncbadphotoshoppotkett-1.gif

debunkingjetsplayoffrun-1.jpg

It's ironic that you're trying to spin the thin slices of fatty meat in the middle of a much larger **** sandwich in which the team ranged from bad to mediocre into a 3 year "elite" run, including rationalizing the charity that got you there on a team that actually took a step back from 08.. and playing up a post season opponent who was dead in the water long before you faced them. Yet at the same time you go out of your way to diminish and demean a truly "elite" in time team that orchestrated the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL from 1-15 to 11-5 and actually won a divisional title. But then again, if anyone on FH is still surprised, it only means they're new members.

29kykwy_th-1.jpg

juncbadphotoshoppotkett-1.gif

debunkingjetsplayoffrun-1.jpg

It's ironic that you're trying to spin the thin slices of fatty meat in the middle of a much larger **** sandwich in which the team ranged from bad to mediocre into a 3 year "elite" run, including rationalizing the charity that got you there on a team that actually took a step back from 08.. and playing up a post season opponent who was dead in the water long before you faced them. Yet at the same time you go out of your way to diminish and demean a truly "elite" in time team that orchestrated the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL from 1-15 to 11-5 and actually won a divisional title. But then again, if anyone on FH is still surprised, it only means they're new members.

I give credit to the 2009 and 2010 Jets for getting to the AFCCG. I don't care what the circumstances are. You play 16 games and if you win a majority of them, you get into the playoffs. Brady being hurt, the Bengals sucking, the Colts resting starters, this, that, none of it matters. Win the games and give yourselves a chance. The Jets did that and were extremely close to a Super Bowl twice. Full credit to them.

The Jets are still and never have been elite. There's nothing wrong with that IMO. Junc makes it seem like calling them not-elite is akin to having battery acid poured on his schlong.

It's not that big a deal.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Nope. When the Bills win the SB, that will be when Hell has truly frozen over ... :brewskis:

If they do that before the Jets, I expect Junc to jump into the ocean with 50 anchors tied to his feet.

Back
Top Bottom