Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you call the Seahawks Elite? Afterall, they made it to the SB, and then a few years later were 1 score from reaching the NFC Championship, all within 5 years.

Seattle was an elite team in the mid 00s

We're still waiting for you to show us where a team coming off an 8-8 season is considered elite. :chuckle:

he only skews the wording and stats to where they benefit his argument, you talk about 2011 8-8 season, he combines 3 years to make it look better, he is still resting on those 4 playoffs wins over a 3 year period as his main arugment for every homeristic statement he makes, yet all the spinning he does and it still equals out to 0 division titles, 0 AFC Conference titles, 0 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins, and most recent which is all that matters, a collapsed choked .500 season, but thats elite

Exactly, zero division titles, zero AFC conference titles, zero Super Bowl appearances, zero top regular season records in the conference, 28-20 record, i guess makes you an elite team these days, so basically half the league is elite

Not winning a Super Bowl in the last 10 years, the time period we've talked about forever, makes your team not-elite.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I said the Jets were not an elite team in 2011 but when you combine the 3 seasons Rex has been here we have been an elite team overall in those 3 seasons.

Elite over the last three years including last year when they weren't elite? What the ****? :lol:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Would you call the Seahawks Elite? Afterall, they made it to the SB, and then a few years later were 1 score from reaching the NFC Championship, all within 5 years.

Seattle isn't elite b/c they didn't win the Super Bowl.

he only skews the wording and stats to where they benefit his argument, you talk about 2011 8-8 season, he combines 3 years to make it look better, he is still resting on those 4 playoffs wins over a 3 year period as his main arugment for every homeristic statement he makes, yet all the spinning he does and it still equals out to 0 division titles, 0 AFC Conference titles, 0 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins, and most recent which is all that matters, a collapsed choked .500 season, but thats elite

Honestly division titles would be overrated if you can make the playoffs as a Wild Card and win the SB. Division winners aren't guaranteed anything. It's all about what you do with what you've earned.

I'm sorry iof realit hurts you so much, I have said over and over again the jets were not an elite team in the 2011 season obviously but in the 3 years Rex has been here they have been an elite team overall in that span.

Not winning a Super Bowl in the last 10 years, the time period we've talked about forever, makes your team not-elite.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Elite over the last three years including last year when they weren't elite? What the ****? :lol:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Seattle isn't elite b/c they didn't win the Super Bowl.

Over the course of a decade I'd agree w/ you, I think you at least need to reach a SB over the course of a decade to be considered elite(along w/ a bunch of other playoff success) but in a 3-5 year window or so you can be elite w/o a SB app or win.

Taking the 3 years as a whole they have been elite, they were elite 2 of the 3 seasons. This isn't that hard to comprehend, is it?

Seattle was an elite team in the mid 90s, in the playoffs every year and raching the SB once.

:sidelol: Elite team over 3 seasons. This guy! :lol:

I ralize all dolphin fans want to pretend it's 1973 and don Shula is at his peak but why would I discuss mangini and Herm as it relates to rex's Jets?

I think Junc does have a point...with what I'm seeing from other Fin Fans the argument would suggest that Dan Marino's team was never elite since his appearance in the SuperBowl in the Mid 80's (just making inferences off others argument for constituting elite status). We would have to denounce the Fins as being an elitle team during that era in order to denounce the Jets few scant years of AFC championship appearances.

Just trying to be fair...though I really wouldn't want to admit it. That being said I think they were

344sk84-1.jpg

LMAO@ "Rex's (clubhouse cancerous) Jets"

2009: 7-7 + 2 knees taken, including 6 of 7 losing streak, beat teams with cumulative .310 winning percentage, lost to Atl, a dead team at home in game 14 in a game they actually needed to win.

Beat Cincinnati in POs, dead team walking by that point: a team that had lost 4 out of last 7, was outscored by 37 points, did not beating a winning team during that stretch while losing to 2 playoff bound ones; stood around while Sanchez crapped the bed 12-23, 101 yards, 1Int, while SD beat themselves. Finally got schooled when it counted by Indy starters (w/o Bob Sanders and w/hobbled Freeney) outscoring jest 24-0 in final 31 minutes; Indy starters outscoring them by a decisive combined 45-27 in game 15 and playoffs. Legitimate 9 wins at most, out of 16 games between competitive 14 game regular season and 3 playoff games

Net Result: mediocre team that stepped in chit, didn't deserve playoff pass, and then beat an already dead and choking teams in playoffs before Colts dispensed a sobering dose of reality. Possible Bragging Rights: 2 out of 19 games total

2010 Jets, 11-5 team, 2 good wins in POs, before failing in Conference Championship game again. Failed again to win its division
Net Result: good, but not great team which couldn't carry its division. Bragging Rights: Played teams that actually competed against them, 19 games with 13 wins

2011 Jets: 8-8 team with clubhouse imploding; needed to beat Fins in week 16 to have any hope at that time of another playoff wildcard. Choked. Net Result: mediocre 8 game winning team only thanks to game 1 Tony Romo brainfart. Bragging Rights: None

Claim of "Elite"

1. Certainly 2009 was a very unimpressive and charitable season before stepping in chit. 2 playoff wins against teams either already dead or self-defeating before being bitch slapped back to reality by Colts starters. At best, giving the benefit of the doubt: 2 (tainted by playoff unworthiness and questionably performing opponents) PO wins starting Jan 10, 2010

2. 2010 No Division Win, but good season: credit for winning 13 out of 19 games including 2 playoff games before losing the conference title to Steelers, Jan 23, 2011

3. 2011: Absolutely nothing to brag about or claim elitism over. Won 8 games

Net Result: since Sept 09, Jets won a legitimate 30 games regular season and playoffs in total. They have gone 3 straight seasons w/o carrying their division. If we were to give credit for their questionable 2009 post season wins as well as a nice 2010 season and post season, at best in a time period spanning from Jan 9 2010 where they went 2-1 in the playoffs through Jan 23, 2011 when they again lost the championshi9p game, their only bragging rights stretched at most, 54 weeks/ 22 total in-season weeks sandwiched in between 2 thick layers of mediocrity if not worse! Since when does 1 year and 2 weeks = "Elite???" At least not anywhere where homers don't nest. :idk:

does anyone make more excuses than Vaark?

The bottom line over a 3 year period:

-FIRST in playoff wins(tied leaguewide, FIRST by themselves in AFC)
-ONLY team to play in 2 conf title games
-ONLY team to win multiple playoff games in at least 2 postseasons

does anyone make more excuses than Vaark?

The bottom line over a 3 year period:

-FIRST in playoff wins(tied leaguewide, FIRST by themselves in AFC)
-ONLY team to play in 2 conf title games
-ONLY team to win multiple playoff games in at least 2 postseasons

The bottom line from Sept 13, 2009 - Jan 1, 2011 139 weeks; Jan 10, 2010 - Jan 23, 2011

54 weeks of meat, and some of that questionable, within a 139 week **** sandwich.

Over the course of a decade I'd agree w/ you, I think you at least need to reach a SB over the course of a decade to be considered elite(along w/ a bunch of other playoff success) but in a 3-5 year window or so you can be elite w/o a SB app or win.

So to you a team is elite if they reach a SB over the course of a decade. Since the Jets haven't done that, there's now a second way a team can be elite, the exact situation the Jets have been in the last 3 years. Naturally.

Seattle was an elite team in the mid 90s, in the playoffs every year and raching the SB once.

No

I ralize all dolphin fans want to pretend it's 1973 and don Shula is at his peak but why would I discuss mangini and Herm as it relates to rex's Jets?

It would be great if it was 1973. I wouldn't be alive but at least the Dolphins would've been elite for their 2 year window.

The bottom line from Sept 13, 2009 - Jan 1, 2011 139 weeks; Jan 10, 2010 - Jan 23, 2011

54 weeks of meat, and some of that questionable, within a 139 week **** sandwich.

The bottom line is the Jets have been one of the best teams in the league under Rex.

I think Junc does have a point...with what I'm seeing from other Fin Fans the argument would suggest that Dan Marino's team was never elite since his appearance in the SuperBowl in the Mid 80's (just making inferences off others argument for constituting elite status). We would have to denounce the Fins as being an elitle team during that era in order to denounce the Jets few scant years of AFC championship appearances.

Just trying to be fair...though I really wouldn't want to admit it. That being said I think they were

The Dolphins were elite in in 1973. They haven't been since.

so 8-8 last year and 9-7 makes the jets elite? LMAO.

AGAIN, since 2009:

ONLY team in AFC to win 4 playoff games
1 of 4 teams in NFL to win 4 playoff games
ONLY team to reach the conf championship round twice

Back
Top Bottom