Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe this thread will mercifully conclude if you'd properly utilize the above available and very appropriate smiley (colonIMHOcolon) since there's no debating that everyone, no matter what tinted lenses they look through, is certainly entitled to their individual opinion. Who can argue that :idk:

why would I need to add "IMO" or "IMHO"? isn't that a given?

why would I need to add "IMO" or "IMHO"? isn't that a given?

because your stating your opinion as FACT, saying the Jets are elite since 09' , 28-20 with ZERO division titles, ZERO conference titles, ZERO super bowl appearances, ZERO super bowl wins is not elite

"elite" is thrown around way to easily these days, since 2009 the Packers as a comparison 36-12 including a SuperBowl and Division title since 09' , that is "elite" 24 games over .500 is "elite" not the Jets whopping 8 games over .500

because your stating your opinion as FACT, saying the Jets are elite since 09' , 28-20 with ZERO division titles, ZERO conference titles, ZERO super bowl appearances, ZERO super bowl wins is not elite

"elite" is thrown around way to easily these days, since 2009 the Packers as a comparison 36-12 including a SuperBowl title since 09' , that is "elite" 24 games over .500 is "elite" not the Jets whopping 8 games over .500

for any objective fan it is a fact but we all state our opinions and we shouldn't have say "in my opinion".

since 2009 GB has won playoff games in one season. GB is elite, as are the Jets, Bal, NE, Pit, NO, NYG, ...

for any objective fan it is a fact but we all state our opinions and we shouldn't have say "in my opinion".

since 2009 GB has won playoff games in one season. GB is elite, as are the Jets, Bal, NE, Pit, NO, NYG, ...

Why would the Jets and Ravens be in the same company as teams who have gotten to and won the Super Bowl the last 10 years? If anything the Ravens and Jets would be in the bracket below "elite".

Why would the Jets and Ravens be in the same company as teams who have gotten to and won the Super Bowl the last 10 years? If anything the Ravens and Jets would be in the bracket below "elite".

again, "elite" teams are the best teams in the game not just the champions. The champions get a nice trophy and stand alone but there are more top teams than just the one that wins it all.

again, "elite" teams are the best teams in the game not just the champions. The champions get a nice trophy and stand alone but there are more top teams than just the one that wins it all.

so to you the qualifications of a "top" "elite" team over a 3 year span is to be 8 games above .500? Seems a bit like low standards to be a "top" "elite" team

so to you the qualifications of a "top" "elite" team over a 3 year span is to be 8 games above .500? Seems a bit like low standards to be a "top" "elite" team

ONLY team to play in as many as 2 conf title games, share lead in playoff wins, lead AFC in playoff wins. That's elite

The Giants are 6 games over .500 in the last 3 years, they won 9 games a year ago in the reg season while GB won 15- which turned out to be better? in '10 the jets won 11 and NE 14, which turned out to be better?

A nice trophy. :lol:

You already know what I consider elite and I the same to you. We'll leave it that.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

ONLY team to play in as many as 2 conf title games, share lead in playoff wins, lead AFC in playoff wins. That's elite

The Giants are 6 games over .500 in the last 3 years, they won 9 games a year ago in the reg season while GB won 15- which turned out to be better? in '10 the jets won 11 and NE 14, which turned out to be better?

Giants, Packers, and Patriots are all elite. If the Jets won the SB in 2009, I'd consider them elite with their trip to the AFCCG in 2010 (assuming they made it there in this scenario).

Again your ignoring the fact that they got in as a gift 9-7 in 09' they were far from an "elite" team that year, again all you look at is a 6 games sample size of the jets in the playoffs where they won 2 each year but failed to win the one that gets them to the only game that matters in the end

as for your Giants reference, Yes the Giants are 6 games over .500 but that includes a Super Bowl appearance and a Super Bowl win, As for the Patriots in 10' yes they lost to the Jets, thats not the point, point is "elite" "top" teams are consistent winners and for the most part post 11-16 win Seasons, see the Pats in 07, yes they lost the big game but posted an "elite" record in the regular season and actually won the AFCG unlike the Jets, again conssitency, after thw 2010 season the Jets collapse and choke and go 8-8, the consistent "top" team Patriots go 13-3(an elite top record in the NFL) and win another AFC conference title (amongst multiple div, yes obviously they didnt win the Super Bowl but the point is they are consistent with good records and Super Bowl appearances, the jets won back to back divisional rounds, whoopy doooo that is not "elite"ision

Again your ignoring the fact that they got in as a gift 9-7 in 09' they were far from an "elite" team that year, again all you look at is a 6 games sample size of the jets in the playoffs where they won 2 each year but failed to win the one that gets them to the only game that matters in the end

as for your Giants reference, Yes the Giants are 6 games over .500 but that includes a Super Bowl appearance and a Super Bowl win, As for the Patriots in 10' yes they lost to the Patriots, thats not the point, point is "elite" "top" teams are consistent winners and for the most part post 11-16 win Seasons, see the Pats in 07, yes they lost the big game but posted an "elite" record in the regular season and actually won the AFCG unlike the Jets, again conssitency, after thw 2010 season the Jets collapse and choke and go 8-8, the consistent "top" team Patriots go 13-3 and win another AFC conference title, yes obviously they didnt win the Super Bowl but the point is they are consistent with good records and Super Bowl appearances, the jets won back to back divisional rounds, whoopy doooo that is not "elite"

You're elite when you win the Super Bowl and have success afterwards. Say the Jets win it this year and make the playoffs at least in the next 2-3 years. That to me is elite. Winning the Super Bowl and then doing **** the next few years isn't being elite.

You're elite when you win the Super Bowl and have success afterwards. Say the Jets win it this year and make the playoffs at least in the next 2-3 years. That to me is elite. Winning the Super Bowl and then doing **** the next few years isn't being elite.

Exactly, zero division titles, zero AFC conference titles, zero Super Bowl appearances, zero top regular season records in the conference, 28-20 record, i guess makes you an elite team these days, so basically half the league is elite

as for your Giants reference, Yes the Giants are 6 games over .500 but that includes a Super Bowl appearance and a Super Bowl win, As for the Patriots in 10' yes they lost to the Jets, thats not the point, point is "elite" "top" teams are consistent winners and for the most part post 11-16 win Seasons, see the Pats in 07, yes they lost the big game but posted an "elite" record in the regular season and actually won the AFCG unlike the Jets, again conssitency, after thw 2010 season the Jets collapse and choke and go 8-8, the consistent "top" team Patriots go 13-3(an elite top record in the NFL) and win another AFC conference title (amongst multiple div, yes obviously they didnt win the Super Bowl but the point is they are consistent with good records and Super Bowl appearances, the jets won back to back divisional rounds, whoopy doooo that is not "elite"ision

They did waht they had to do to make it and once in proved them belonged. Put that weak excuse aside please.

Again, ONLY team in NFL to reach 2 title games in the past 3 years
LEAD AFC in playoff wins
tied for lead in entire NFL

Exactly, zero division titles, zero AFC conference titles, zero Super Bowl appearances, zero top regular season records in the conference, 28-20 record, i guess makes you an elite team these days, so basically half the league is elite

show me half the league winning 4 playoff games in the last 3 years? reaching 2 title games? then i'll agree w/ you.

They did waht they had to do to make it and once in proved them belonged. Put that weak excuse aside please.

Again, ONLY team in NFL to reach 2 title games in the past 3 years
LEAD AFC in playoff wins
tied for lead in entire NFL

show me half the league winning 4 playoff games in the last 3 years? reaching 2 title games? then i'll agree w/ you.

We're still waiting for you to show us where a team coming off an 8-8 season is considered elite. :chuckle:

We're still waiting for you to show us where a team coming off an 8-8 season is considered elite? :chuckle:

I said the Jets were not an elite team in 2011 but when you combine the 3 seasons Rex has been here we have been an elite team overall in those 3 seasons.

I said the Jets were not an elite team in 2011 but when you combine the 3 seasons Rex has been here we have been an elite team overall in those 3 seasons.

Would you call the Seahawks Elite? Afterall, they made it to the SB, and then a few years later were 1 score from reaching the NFC Championship, all within 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom