Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the jest aren't even close to being either the Ravens or Steelers' class, maybe the post that started the latest pukest should be amended to something like

"it's equivalent to playing the Patriots 4X a season"

oh and for the record by the time the mighty 09 bengals limped into the playoffs they were 3-4 out of their last 7 games beating no winning teams and being outscored by about 40 points, so let's put that to bed. That same season the Broncos started off 6-0 and despite not making the playoffs, that run was certainly stronger than the way the Bengals fizzled into the postseason.

Yet they swept 4 game against the "Patriots of the North".

Nobody said anything about Houston. The example was talking about the Ravens and Steelers.

You said they haven't beaten Baltimore since 1997, that's as relevant as the jets never losing to Houston.

its not a debate when its being discussed with you, its talking to a wall

a well informed wall who doesn't post nonsense but please carry on.

he was just simply stating that Junc turns every thread no matter what the topic, into a 10-20 page "debate" involving the Jets and Sanchez even though the thread 99% of the time has nothing to do with either, and then there will be 1-2 pages saying how it wasnt him who turned it off topic, it was us of course, another 1-2 pages how all our responses are just because we were defeated by his spinning and we are just bitter, just back and forth on repeat of every thread his throws himself in to

The prooblem is jealous fans like you that make stuff up and I have to correct you. IO never change the topic of threads, it's always folks like you.

You said they haven't beaten Baltimore since 1997, that's as relevant as the jets never losing to Houston.

Not relevant to this conversation. No one mentioned Houston. Houston has never been elite in their own right. Let's stick to Baltimore and Pittsburgh who were previously mentioned in this thread.

Not relevant to this conversation. No one mentioned Houston. Houston has never been elite in their own right. Let's stick to Baltimore and Pittsburgh who were previously mentioned in this thread.

Ok, GB hadn't beaten the Jets since 1994 hading into their 2010 meeting. Did that mean they couldn't beat the Jets?

Head to head Bal has had their way w/ us but again 2 of the last 3 years we have advanced further than them. I realize in anti-Jets land 2011 is the only season that matters but last I checked Baltimore lost to NE last year while the Jets beat up a better NE team on the same field a year earlier.

Ok, GB hadn't beaten the Jets since 1994 hading into their 2010 meeting. Did that mean they couldn't beat the Jets?

We're not talking about Green Bay either. Why bring them up when they play the Jets every 4 years?

Head to head Bal has had their way w/ us but again 2 of the last 3 years we have advanced further than them. I realize in anti-Jets land 2011 is the only season that matters but last I checked Baltimore lost to NE last year while the Jets beat up a better NE team on the same field a year earlier

Here we go with the 2 of 3 years again. That one year, which happens to be last year, the Ravens made the playoffs and lost in the AFCCG. They got to the AFCCG in 2008 too. They've also been to the divisional playoffs in 2009 and 2010.

So....now....what?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Head to head Bal has had their way w/ us but again 2 of the last 3 years we have advanced further than them. I realize in anti-Jets land 2011 is the only season that matters but last I checked Baltimore lost to NE last year while the Jets beat up a better NE team on the same field a year earlier.

Will you acknowledge that I give the Jets full credit for 2009 and 2010? I may be the only one but jesus christ, stop saying **** like anti-Jets land. I have a respect for teams that win based on the circumstances they're given.

We're not talking about Green Bay either. Why bring them up when they play the Jets every 4 years?

Here we go with the 2 of 3 years again. That one year, which happens to be last year, the Ravens made the playoffs and lost in the AFCCG. They got to the AFCCG in 2008 too. They've also been to the divisional playoffs in 2009 and 2010.

So....now....what?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Will you acknowledge that I give the Jets full credit for 2009 and 2010? I may be the only one but jesus christ, stop saying **** like anti-Jets land. I have a respect for teams that win based on the circumstances they're given.

since 1997 the Jets have played the Ravens 8 times, 8 times in 15 seasons
since 2000 the Jets ahve played GB4 times in 12 seasons

Not huge difference

since 2003 the Jets have played Houston 6 times in 9 seasons.

now what? 2 of the last 3 years the jets have advanced further and again beat up a better Pats team in 2010 on the road in the div rd than the pats team Bal LOST to in the '11 title game.

now what? 2 of the last 3 years the jets have advanced further and again beat up a better Pats team in 2010 on the road in the div rd than the pats team Bal LOST to in the '11 title game.

We can dance this dance all night if you'd like.

Since 2008: Ravens got further
Since 2009: Jets got further
Since 2010: Jets got further
Since 2011: Ravens got further

If anything they've been even. But if you want to believe the Jets are better, fine. They can be better than everyone in your eyes. I said earlier Baltimore isn't elite anymore. The Jets have never been.

We can dance this dance all night if you'd like.

Since 2008: Ravens got further
Since 2009: Jets got further
Since 2010: Jets got further
Since 2011: Ravens got further

If anything they've been even. But if you want to believe the Jets are better, fine. They can be better than everyone in your eyes. I said earlier Baltimore isn't elite anymore. The Jets have never been.

Where did I say they were better? I was asked a while back if I thought the jets were on the same level as Bal and Pitt. I think they have been under rex and that has been proven.

Where did I say they were better? I was asked a while back if I thought the jets were on the same level as Bal and Pitt. I think they have been under rex and that has been proven.

You continuing to mention the Jets advancing further than Baltimore in 2009 and 2010 isn't saying they've been better? Do you imply one thing but then intentionally not use certain words to gain the upper hand in a conversation?

You continuing to mention the Jets advancing further than Baltimore in 2009 and 2010 isn't saying they've been better? Do you imply one thing but then intentionally not use certain words to gain the upper hand in a conversation?

that was brought up in response to saying Baltimore was better than the Jets b/c we haven't beaten them since 2007. The jets were better in '09 & '10, Bal in '08 and '11. Overall Bal gets a slight edge b/c they have more playoff apps but the jets are right there w/ them and any AFC teams in recent years.

that was brought up in response to saying Baltimore was better than the Jets b/c we haven't beaten them since 2007. The jets were better in '09 & '10, Bal in '08 and '11. Overall Bal gets a slight edge b/c they have more playoff apps but the jets are right there w/ them and any AFC teams in recent years.

The Jets and Ravens are pretty even since 2008. Neither are elite.

They are pretty even, Baltimore has the edge and both are elite(Bal since '08, Jets since '09).

We agree on this. I'd love for the Dolphins to have had either team's recent success (and Baltimore's in 2000). It feels like it's never going to happen though.

We agree on this. I'd love for the Dolphins to have had either team's recent success (and Baltimore's in 2000). It feels like it's never going to happen though.

at some point it will end, who knows? it could be this year

at some point it will end, who knows? it could be this year

I actually misspoke before. Neither team is elite. Both have been good the last few years. I'm tired of the elite talk though. IDGAF at this point.

I don't really believe in curses but it just feels like us Dolphin fans are cursed. Without the NBA I wouldn't know the feeling of liking a winning team.

They are pretty even, Baltimore has the edge and

:imho: both are elite(Bal since '08, Jets since '09).

Maybe this thread will mercifully conclude if you'd properly utilize the above available and very appropriate smiley (colonIMHOcolon) since there's no debating that everyone, no matter what tinted lenses they look through, is certainly entitled to their individual opinion. Who can argue that :idk:

Back
Top Bottom