Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
does anyone make more excuses than Vaark?

The bottom line over a 3 year period:

-FIRST in playoff wins(tied leaguewide, FIRST by themselves in AFC)
-ONLY team to play in 2 conf title games
-ONLY team to win multiple playoff games in at least 2 postseasons

All 100% true. There are also the ONLY team to do all of that and not make it to the Super Bowl.

The bottom line is the Jets have been one of the best teams in the league under Rex.

A good winning % with two trips to the last game before the Super Bowl. 100% admirable (no sarcasm).

Still not elite. An elite team would have gotten into and won the Super Bowl once or even twice in that scenario.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

They were elite in the early-mid 80s

Now you're going to argue that my own favorite team was elite when they weren't? Can we at least agree that water is wet?

So to you a team is elite if they reach a SB over the course of a decade. Since the Jets haven't done that, there's now a second way a team can be elite, the exact situation the Jets have been in the last 3 years. Naturally.

No

It would be great if it was 1973. I wouldn't be alive but at least the Dolphins would've been elite for their 2 year window.

I have explained it numerous times and I am sure you have read but are choosing to ignore it. I said over the course of a decade you need to make a SB but we are discussing 3 years here, the rex years. In a 3-5 year window or so you don't need a SB, over the course of a decade I think you do.

Seattle was one of the best teams in the league and a SB contender many years making them elite.

the dolphins were elite much of the decade of the 70s although according to you the '73 team wasn't b/c they never won another playoff game that decade after the '73 SB win.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

A good winning % with two trips to the last game before the Super Bowl. 100% admirable (no sarcasm).

Still not elite. An elite team would have gotten into and won the Super Bowl once or even twice in that scenario.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Now you're going to argue that my own favorite team was elite when they weren't? Can we at least agree that water is wet?

what fun is agreeing?:lol:

I have explained it numerous times and I am sure you have read but are choosing to ignore it. I said over the course of a decade you need to make a SB but we are discussing 3 years here, the rex years. In a 3-5 year window or so you don't need a SB, over the course of a decade I think you do.

Seattle was one of the best teams in the league and a SB contender many years making them elite.

the dolphins were elite much of the decade of the 70s although according to you the '73 team wasn't b/c they never won another playoff game that decade after the '73 SB win.

Why accuse me of ignoring what you're saying just b/c we differ on what elite means? I'm reading all of what you and others are saying.

Honestly I could care less if the Dolphins were elite before I was born. I don't hang on to the past nor do I really care how good they were 40 years ago. I don't think they were elite in the 80s, 90s, 2000s, or this whole decade.

Seattle was never elite either. Not winning a Super Bowl doesn't make you elite.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

what fun is agreeing?:lol:

To keep us sane for 2 seconds? :brewskis:

does anyone make more excuses than Vaark?

The bottom line over a 3 year period:

-FIRST in playoff wins(tied leaguewide, FIRST by themselves in AFC)
-ONLY team to play in 2 conf title games
-ONLY team to win multiple playoff games in at least 2 postseasons

And what do the Jets have to show for all that??? NOTHING! :lol:

And what do the Jets have to show for all that??? NOTHING! :lol:

I have a couple of really fun playoff runs to look back on. I enjoy the journey, someday when the Jets do reach and win a SB it will be much more fun b/c of all the times we got close and failed, all the awful seasons, everything I have been through as a fan.

I have a couple of really fun playoff runs to look back on. I enjoy the journey, someday when the Jets do reach and win a SB it will be much more fun b/c of all the times we got close and failed, all the awful seasons, everything I have been through as a fan.

You better hope they get to and win a SB before Heaven calls! :lol:

I'm not counting on it but in the last 10 years I've seen NE, the Sox(red & white), the Saints, TB, etc... all win championships so there is hope!

I'm not counting on it but in the last 10 years I've seen NE, the Sox(red & white), the Saints, TB, etc... all win championships so there is hope!

Hope, faith, Northeast U.S. winning multi-sport championships....

Hell has frozen over

And what do we have to show for the last 10-15 years? NOTHING!

When you talk like that you make us sound even sadder. Like a short guy that can't dunk a basketball making fun of someone who misses a few.

Yeah but the difference is that Miami has only be irrelevant for 10 to 15 years, the Jets have been irrelevant for the life of the franchise.

Am I doing so? I can see how my words appear that way in translation - reading between "crooked" lines. I am surely not praising myself. I am just saying that this thread has exploded in a manner I never expected.

Also, I would love more Thank You bars: Yes a selfish request I admit. You guys do what you want. That part of my post is indeed self-serving. My bad. Peace my brother, LikeUntoGod :up:

Yea, just joking with you and making a little fun of nyjunx.

He has a 1/5th of the post in this thread and at least another 3/5ths are answers to his post.

The cheesest thing to do is to keep your own thread alive. I know of one guy who posts a lot here now that tends to have one out of every 5-6 post in his own threads.

And what do we have to show for the last 10-15 years? NOTHING!

When you talk like that you make us sound even sadder. Like a short guy that can't dunk a basketball making fun of someone who misses a few.

That reality definitely makes us all arguing back and forth hilariously retarded but whatever :lol:

Back
Top Bottom