Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely but that's not why I said it. He put the North's 2 best teams in the same sentence and the East's 2nad and 4th place team, it should have been the top 2-- NYJ & NE

Problem is, the Jets are not 1 of the top 2 teams AFC east teams this coming year, I would probably put Bills as the early #2 team this year, and you can right now compare them to the Steelers or Ravens.

But for arguements sake lets just go with your continue fantasy that the Jets are a top team, and are the 2nd best, still can't compare the Jets/Bills to the Bengals vs Ravens and Steelers, why? Because unlike the Bengals not having much sucess against the Ravens & Steelers in the last 4 years, the Dolphins have beaten the Jets and Bills more then they have lost to them. So saying we can count at least count on at least win against each team is not as off the wall.

Dolphins have a new HC, new coaching staff, and will have new player starting in some key positions, so we really don't know how successful they will be, but the chance of them having success is possible if the O-line at the very least is somewhat fixed. Your team is in the same boat, with maybe a bit more severe bit of problems.

He'll say the Jets are better b/c of the AFCCG appearances. The Jets have played Baltimore 7 times since the Ravens have existed. They're 1-6 against them and have lost the last 6 games while being outscored by 66 points.

The Jets are pretty even with Pittsburgh in terms of head-to-head. Obviously Pittsburgh has more SB appearances and wins but that's over most of the entire NFL, not just the Jets.

The Jets have never lost to Houston, using your logic you'd rate the Jets ahead of Houston now?

We advanced further than Bal 2 of the last 3 years, obviously Bal was better last year and they beat us up when we had a guy off the street playing C and our QB had no time to do anything but the Jets are right there w/ the top AFC teams in recent years.

Problem is, the Jets are not 1 of the top 2 teams AFC east teams this coming year, I would probably put Bills as the early #2 team this year, and you can right now compare them to the Steelers or Ravens.

But for arguements sake lets just go with your continue fantasy that the Jets are a top team, and are the 2nd best, still can't compare the Jets/Bills to the Bengals vs Ravens and Steelers, why? Because unlike the Bengals not having much sucess against the Ravens & Steelers in the last 4 years, the Dolphins have beaten the Jets and Bills more then they have lost to them. So saying we can count at least count on at least win against each team is not as off the wall.

Dolphins have a new HC, new coaching staff, and will have new player starting in some key positions, so we really don't know how successful they will be, but the chance of them having success is possible if the O-line at the very least is somewhat fixed. Your team is in the same boat, with maybe a bit more severe bit of problems.

If you feel that way you should have said Buf and NE then instea dof Buf and NYJ.

The bengals swept BOTH the Steelers and Ravens in 2009 en route to the division title. That invalidates anything you wrote after that.

Again, I think 1 win against NYJ & NE is the best you can hope for(unless disastrous injuries happen). NE will sweep you and you may split w/ us.

we may have more problems than Miami? How so? this is a roster where most of the players have won in January, they had a terrible year last year and still nearly made the playoffs. I don't expect another year like that this year. The biggest question mark right now is RT, that's really my only concern at the moment. Miami has question marks in many places.

The ground is starting to shake. It's almost time for another thread of the New York Jets!

I know, believe me Phinz I do not want to reply, but it just eats at me like someone slurping something loudly behind you in a libarary, eventually you have say something.

The Jets have never lost to Houston, using your logic you'd rate the Jets ahead of Houston now?

We advanced further than Bal 2 of the last 3 years, obviously Bal was better last year and they beat us up when we had a guy off the street playing C and our QB had no time to do anything but the Jets are right there w/ the top AFC teams in recent years.

If you feel that way you should have said Buf and NE then instea dof Buf and NYJ.

The bengals swept BOTH the Steelers and Ravens in 2009 en route to the division title. That invalidates anything you wrote after that.

Again, I think 1 win against NYJ & NE is the best you can hope for(unless disastrous injuries happen). NE will sweep you and you may split w/ us.

:rolleyes2:

As the jest aren't even close to being either the Ravens or Steelers' class, maybe the post that started the latest pukest should be amended to something like

"it's equivalent to playing the Patriots 4X a season"

oh and for the record by the time the mighty 09 bengals limped into the playoffs they were 3-4 out of their last 7 games beating no winning teams and being outscored by about 40 points, so let's put that to bed. That same season the Broncos started off 6-0 and despite not making the playoffs, that run was certainly stronger than the way the Bengals fizzled into the postseason.

Nobody said anything about Houston. The example was talking about the Ravens and Steelers.

Seems like your excuse for the Jets losing that game is one that can be said for most teams throughout the course of the year. Wouldn't an elite team overcome such shortcomings?

:lol:

I'm still freaked at how long my thread, this thread, has endure. I hit a nerve. The voting is neck and neck. I never knew how mixed you guys felt (feel) about the topic question.

Hey! I deserve some Thank You bars, right? Pile 'em on.

Go Dolphins...all the way baby! All the freaking way!!! :hump:

I'm still freaked at how long my thread, this thread, has endure. I hit a nerve. The voting is neck and neck. I never knew how mixed you guys felt (feel) about the topic question.

Hey! I deserve some Thank You bars, right? Pile 'em on.

Go Dolphins...all the way baby! All the freaking way!!! :hump:

Do not break your arm patting yourself on the back. Thank nyjunc for making this so long.

Do not break your arm patting yourself on the back. Thank nyjunc for making this so long.

Am I doing so? I can see how my words appear that way in translation - reading between "crooked" lines. I am surely not praising myself. I am just saying that this thread has exploded in a manner I never expected.

Also, I would love more Thank You bars: Yes a selfish request I admit. You guys do what you want. That part of my post is indeed self-serving. My bad. Peace my brother, LikeUntoGod :up:

Am I doing so? I can see how my words appear that way in translation - reading between "crooked" lines. I am surely not praising myself. I am just saying that this thread has exploded in a manner I never expected.

Also, I would love more Thank You bars: Yes a selfish request I admit. You guys do what you want. That part of my post is indeed self-serving. My bad. Peace my brother, LikeUntoGod :up:

he was just simply stating that Junc turns every thread no matter what the topic, into a 10-20 page "debate" involving the Jets and Sanchez even though the thread 99% of the time has nothing to do with either, and then there will be 1-2 pages saying how it wasnt him who turned it off topic, it was us of course, another 1-2 pages how all our responses are just because we were defeated by his spinning and we are just bitter, just back and forth on repeat of every thread his throws himself in to

he was just simply stating that Junc turns every thread no matter what the topic, into a 10-20 page "debate" involving the Jets and Sanchez even though the thread 99% of the time has nothing to do with either, and then there will be 1-2 pages saying how it wasnt him who turned it off topic, it was us of course, another 1-2 pages how all our responses are just because we were defeated by his spinning and we are just bitter, just back and forth on repeat of every thread his throws himself in to

To his credit, someone usually pipes up about the Jets and that's when it all goes downhill.

To his discredit, I don't know if he's let it go just one time. Someone says something bad about the Jets, so be it you'd think. Not him. Defend until the end!

Back
Top Bottom