Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was talking about the massive amount of bitching over trading for Tim Tebow (I mainly go to the Jet's Scout.com site). Although to be honest, it would have been as bad here (more for the UF connection however).

All fanbases act the same way, we all like to knock the other ones but on all the forums I have posted on fans act the exact same way.

All fanbases act the same way, we all like to knock the other ones but on all the forums I have posted on fans act the exact same way.

I agree with you 100%. Fans are fans. If I was a Jets fan I'd defend Sanchez to the death. And from what I've read, the overwhelming amount of Jets fans see him as a threat to Sanchez not as a added weapon.

I just happen to be a Tim Tebow fan (And I'm a agnostic) and the sheer amount of hate for him gets to me. I think that anyone that believes in a floating magic godlike being ruling a giant invisible Heaven and that the world was created 5,873 years ago on a Thursday at 2:34PM is a little wacky (nothing personal, whatever gets you though your day is great). But the guy is a winner and he wins football games and makes the players around him and the team he is on better.

I agree with you 100%. Fans are fans. If I was a Jets fan I'd defend Sanchez to the death. And from what I've read, the overwhelming amount of Jets fans see him as a threat to Sanchez not as a added weapon.

I just happen to be a Tim Tebow fan (And I'm a agnostic) and the sheer amount of hate for him gets to me. I think that anyone that believes in a floating magic godlike being ruling a giant invisible Heaven and that the world was created 5,873 years ago on a Thursday at 2:34PM is a little wacky (nothing personal, whatever gets you though your day is great). But the guy is a winner and he wins football games and makes the players around him and the team he is on better.

I don't want there to be any QB controversy, I know Sanchez is the better QB but after the way last year ended if he struggles early we'll see a controversy. I like getting tebow, I think he will help this team, he adds another weapon to the offense and think it will work out but we'll see.

Jet fasn are sad and bitter? You guys brush aside our 2 title games(something your team hasn't done in 20 years) and look for every excuse not to give us credit but we are the bitter ones? I've been here since 2004 and I've heard how Ricky Williams is a HOFer, how Chris Chambers was one of the best WRs in the game, how great Daunte Culpepper would be, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Henne, how the Marshall trade put you over the top, how great Cameron was going to be, how Saban had the best coaching staff in the NFL, how great tony Sparano was,... and yet you have one postseason app and zero posteason wins in that span.

Still wrong on this. I may be the only one but I have given and still give the Jets full credit for their AFCCG appearances. Yes, the Dolphins haven't done that in 20 years. This isn't about our mediocre team. It's about yours.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

I've been here since 2004 and I've heard how Ricky Williams is a HOFer, how Chris Chambers was one of the best WRs in the game, how great Daunte Culpepper would be, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Henne, how the Marshall trade put you over the top, how great Cameron was going to be, how Saban had the best coaching staff in the NFL, how great tony Sparano was,... and yet you have one postseason app and zero posteason wins in that span.

It sounds like you have a problem with this. Why care what the fans on their site you're on has to say about their own team?

Uhh b/c the Patriots have been one of the if not the best team in the AFC for years?

ur question was how can an elite team have a non-elite year. i am acknowledging that the patriots were THE elite team, a dynasty, and still had a non-elite year sandwiched in between 3 super bowl wins. it happens.

this is true. all forums accuse eachother of being bipolar. all forums accuse the fans of their rival teams of being delusional homers. all forums have the doom and gloomers. all forums have the blind homers. it's not a unique occurence between dolphins and jets fans. most forums accuse the rival quarterback of being a flaming homosexual.

ur question was how can an elite team have a non-elite year. i am acknowledging that the patriots were THE elite team, a dynasty, and still had a non-elite year sandwiched in between 3 super bowl wins. it happens.

New England is probably the top elite team out of any we've discussed b/c they win so ****ing much. If there's a team to be envious of it's those tools.

I don't really care about fans from the other NFL teams, I just have a strong disdain for other AFC East fans.

I don't really care about fans from the other NFL teams, I just have a strong disdain for other AFC East fans.

I don't dislike any fans, I dislike their teams but deep down we all share a common passion for our teams and we are all a bit crazy for it.

Why would I want to trade our young QB? for the first time in my life we have a young, durable QB that we can win w/.(Chad would have been that if he was durable) Why would I want to give that up for draft picks?

Rivers and Ryan are #s guys not winners YET. Maybe someday that changes but Rivers had incredible talent around him most of his career and still couldn't win, Ryan has incredible talent now and can't even win a playoff game.

#s don't tell the whole story, Sanchez had 3 huge 3rd down conversions that helped us win and he didn't make any big mistakes unlike Rivers whose huge mistake changed the game. Kaeding missed 2 makeable FGs and had he made his last one it would have made the game 17-10, at 17-7 late we were in prevent. That wouldn't have happened if SD was w/in a score. The game plays out differently if he makes ` or 2 of those FGs but he missed and that's part of the game. Our K missed 2 the next week but no one talks about that.

Sanchez has yet to have a bad playoff game, he had a bad half at Indy 2010 WC game but rebounded w/ a good 2nd half including leading the GW drive in the final minute. Ryan has yet to have a good playoff game, Rivers has very few good playoff games. I want to win, the goal is to win and I think past history has shown Mark can play in january while the other 2 struggle.

1st lets not act like sanchez "drove" them down the field in that final minute, cromarite returned it to the 40-45, i dont remember exactly but just remember i believe one lob up play to Braylon on that awful Indy secondary and boom they were in FG range already and the FG kicked hit the game winning FG, the way you say it comes across as if with a minute left Sanchez got the ball at the 20 and drove them 65yards going 8 for 10 to get them in FG range

2nd yet to have a bad playoff game, you already mentioned his bad 1st half against Indy in the WC round, throw in the 2nd half of the AFC title game when it mattered most against the Colts and Sanchez drove them to 0pts, and the first half of the Pittsburgh AFC title game he lead them to 0pts and fumbled and actually gave up pts, good for him he put up points in the 2nd half when Pitt was playing prevent D protecting their lead, and the Charger game, 12 completions for 100yds 1td 1int, at BEST thats an average to below average game, again easily could have been a loss thanks to Kaeding/Cromartie, sure he had some 3rd down completions, good for him i would hope the #5 overall traded up for multi millionaire dollar QB can complete a few first downs when he only completes 12 passes, anytime you complete 12 passes for 100yds 1td and 1int, the win is more attributed to the defense and or running game rather than the QB, a few 3rd down completions doesnt = a good game

1st lets not act like sanchez "drove" them down the field in that final minute, cromarite returned it to the 40-45, i dont remember exactly but just remember i believe one lob up play to Braylon on that awful Indy secondary and boom they were in FG range already and the FG kicked hit the game winning FG, the way you say it comes across as if with a minute left Sanchez got the ball at the 20 and drove them 65yards going 8 for 10 to get them in FG range

2nd yet to have a bad playoff game, you already mentioned his bad 1st half against Indy in the WC round, throw in the 2nd half of the AFC title game when it mattered most against the Colts and Sanchez drove them to 0pts, and the first half of the Pittsburgh AFC title game he lead them to 0pts and fumbled and actually gave up pts, good for him he put up points in the 2nd half when Pitt was playing prevent D protecting their lead, and the Charger game, 12 completions for 100yds 1td 1int, at BEST thats an average to below average game, again easily could have been a loss thanks to Kaeding/Cromartie, sure he had some 3rd down completions, good for him i would hope the #5 overall traded up for multi millionaire dollar QB can complete a few first downs when he only completes 12 passes, anytime you complete 12 passes for 100yds 1td and 1int, the win is more attributed to the defense and or running game rather than the QB, a few 3rd down completions doesnt = a good game

He had good FP but he set them up for a chip shot FG. In a similar situation Peyton Manning got the ball near midfield against Pitt in the '05 div rd at home and set his kicker up for a long FG.

The pass to Braylon was by design and was a PERFECT throw and that was the play that got them in chip shot range. He had a 9 yd pass to Braylon to start the drive then a nice pass and run by Santonio to gte into FG range before the sideline play to get them in chip shot range.

The 2nd half against Indy he lost Shonn Greene on the first possession, he did lead them to 17 pts so he didn't have a bad game.

Pitt wasn't playing prevent all 2nd half and he got us back in the game w/ no help from the run game, the D couldn't stop Pitt's O to give him one more chance though.

He was very good at SD, #s don't do his day justice. Watch the game, he made critical plays to help win that game.

2 title games in 3 years, I'm happy w/ him. He took a step back last year but hopefully that was just a bump in the road. I expect his best year this season.

I did not read this whole thread, how did this become a Sanchez/Jets debate?

I thought it was supposed to be a "Cinderella team" thread.

I did not read this whole thread, how did this become a Sanchez/Jets debate?

I thought it was supposed to be a "Cinderella team" thread.

Someone got Junc started by trying to go in on a Bills fan at the same time. Its the best way to get a thread off topic. I'm surprised this hasn't happened in the lounge, political forum, gaming forum etc.

I had a idea but did not want to assume......

Let me say that nyjunc is treated much better here then I was on their Scout.com forums. And I've yet to get permission to join GangGreen I was taken aback by how nasty they were. Even more so because some of the nasty ones where guys that hang out and comment of the Dolphins Scout.com site.

Back
Top Bottom