Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the Dolphins made the playoffs with a new coach 4 years ago and pretty much the exact same schedule. Just sayin'. The Dolphins really aren't as bad as people think. My only worries is who's going to be the leader on D to replace Bell? Who's going to play RG? Do we have enough depth at CB if Davis or Smith go down?

The AFC Cinderella team might be the Chiefs. NFC might be the Bucs because I think the Saints and Falcons have taken a step back. My two other potential teams are the Dolphins and Cardinals. Both teams need better play out of their QB's, O-line and pass rush.

I never said the Jets were elite in the 2011 season, they were not but grouping the last 3 together they have been an elite team as they are tied for the NFL lead in playoff wins, lead the AFC in playoff wins and lead the NFL in title game apps. That's elite.

Why would an elite team have a non-elite year?

since he cant spin last season (even though he has tried many times) he has to combine in with their 2009 gifted season and average to good 2010 season

since he cant spin last season (even though he has tried many times) he has to combine in with their 2009 gifted season and average to good 2010 season

2005: 4-12 season; nuff said!
2006: respectable 10-6 team with Penny at the helm; 1 and done in playoffs
2007: the only reason they were 4-12 was that they beat the even worse 1-15 Fins 2 times
2008: 9-7, 3rd place
2009: 7-7 including losing a game at home to a demoralized Atlanta that they needed to legitimately win to stay alive. Includes recent 6 losses out of 7 games before receiving gifts that were so egregious that the league immediately changed their policy on late season scheduling. Proceeded to beat most recently 3-4 dead team walking Cinci who was outscored over that period by 37 points and then was in the right place when SD beat themselves despite Sanchez once again crapping the bed - before the Colts starters put an end to that delusional nonsense
2010: Good 11-5 team who played well in the playoffs, yet still hadn't won their division, but at least they wildcarded in legitimately this time
2011: 2009 type mediocre team that ended the season 4-5 allowing the Fins to play the spoiler in game 16 - which was an obvious counter-effect to the 2009 Charity. Clueless HC fiddled while his clubhouse burned.

Past 7 years being generous and even giving the jest credit for the 2 asterisk** games they were gifted, in the regular season, they were a combined 55-59. How impressive is that?

This is a team that has had occasional flashes of playing well, but more often than not, being lucky or sucky. To assert that they are or were elite over the past 7 years body of work is as specious as asserting that Rich Kotite was their best-ever HC. Same difference.

how can you people list hene being gone and replaced by moore as an upgrade? moore is trash. our only hope to be this cinderella team is garrad or tannehill starting. with moore we mght win 5 -7 games.

how can you people list hene being gone and replaced by moore as an upgrade? moore is trash. our only hope to be this cinderella team is garrad or tannehill starting. with moore we mght win 5 -7 games.

Henne went 0-4, playing with the same team the previous season knowing all the personnel and offense as well as taking all 1st team reps

Moore came in no OTAs no minicamp, new team, new offense basically zero 1st team reps, and went 6-6 with a horrible coaching staff, at minimum especially with the schedule Moore could win 6 games, Phins were also one of the top teams in the NFL with "big plays", all that was talked about when Henne was QB was not having enough big chunk yard plays, not that i wouldnt be opposed to RT starting if he legit beat him out

and you contradict yourself AGAIN. if you feel that way how can you call the Giants elite? were their TWO CONSECUTIVE non playoff seasons the previous 2 years elite? Was Eli's 25 INT season a year ago elite?

Here come the excuses. I have said all along 2011 was a bad year for us, it happens.

average to good 2010?:lol: I guess you guys haven't been average to good in 20 years.

2005: 4-12 season; nuff said!
2006: respectable 10-6 team with Penny at the helm; 1 and done in playoffs
2007: the only reason they were 4-12 was that they beat the even worse 1-15 Fins 2 times
2008: 9-7, 3rd place
2009: 7-7 including losing a game at home to a demoralized Atlanta that they needed to legitimately win to stay alive. Includes recent 6 losses out of 7 games before receiving gifts that were so egregious that the league immediately changed their policy on late season scheduling. Proceeded to beat most recently 3-4 dead team walking Cinci who was outscored over that period by 37 points and then was in the right place when SD beat themselves despite Sanchez once again crapping the bed - before the Colts starters put an end to that delusional nonsense
2010: Good 11-5 team who played well in the playoffs, yet still hadn't won their division, but at least they wildcarded in legitimately this time
2011: 2009 type mediocre team that ended the season 4-5 allowing the Fins to play the spoiler in game 16 - which was an obvious counter-effect to the 2009 Charity. Clueless HC fiddled while his clubhouse burned.

Past 7 years being generous and even giving the jest credit for the 2 asterisk** games they were gifted, in the regular season, they were a combined 55-59. How impressive is that?

This is a team that has had occasional flashes of playing well, but more often than not, being lucky or sucky. To assert that they are or were elite over the past 7 years body of work is as specious as asserting that Rich Kotite was their best-ever HC. Same difference.

2005: lost Chad after 3 games, lost backup soon after. Our 4th string QB played most of the year(Brooks Bollinger)
2006: weak sched, played good enough to make playoffs.
2007: Chad gets hurt week 1, play most of season w/ Kellen Clemens
2008: our season was Favred
2009: elite season, made NFL's final 4
2010: elite season, made NFL's Final 4
2011: mediocre season, step back from previous 2

Past 7 years depsite a couple of bad seasons we still have 2 more playoff apps than Miami, 4 more playoff wins and are near the top in playoff apps in the AFC.

I didn't say the Jets were elite over the past 7 seasons by the way, I said UNDER REX meaning 2009-present. I said we are one of the better teams in the AFCin the last decade or so but not elite over that time.

Henne went 0-4, playing with the same team the previous season knowing all the personnel and offense as well as taking all 1st team reps

Moore came in no OTAs no minicamp, new team, new offense basically zero 1st team reps, and went 6-6 with a horrible coaching staff, at minimum especially with the schedule Moore could win 6 games, Phins were also one of the top teams in the NFL with "big plays", all that was talked about when Henne was QB was not having enough big chunk yard plays, not that i wouldnt be opposed to RT starting if he legit beat him out

Moore came in early in the 4th loss so that loss is as much on him as it is on Henne and Moore started 0-3, when the season was over he played better.

and you contradict yourself AGAIN. if you feel that way how can you call the Giants elite? were their TWO CONSECUTIVE non playoff seasons the previous 2 years elite? Was Eli's 25 INT season a year ago elite?

Here come the excuses. I have said all along 2011 was a bad year for us, it happens.

average to good 2010?:lol: I guess you guys haven't been average to good in 20 years.

2005: lost Chad after 3 games, lost backup soon after. Our 4th string QB played most of the year(Brooks Bollinger)
2006: weak sched, played good enough to make playoffs.
2007: Chad gets hurt week 1, play most of season w/ Kellen Clemens
2008: our season was Favred
2009: elite season, made NFL's final 4
2010: elite season, made NFL's Final 4
2011: mediocre season, step back from previous 2

Past 7 years depsite a couple of bad seasons we still have 2 more playoff apps than Miami, 4 more playoff wins and are near the top in playoff apps in the AFC.

I didn't say the Jets were elite over the past 7 seasons by the way, I said UNDER REX meaning 2009-present. I said we are one of the better teams in the AFCin the last decade or so but not elite over that time.

Moore came in early in the 4th loss so that loss is as much on him as it is on Henne and Moore started 0-3, when the season was over he played better.

Always with parsing and excuses. Sheesh! Factually, to anyone not wearing puke green visioned lenses, firstly, 3 selective years do not constitute "elite" and beyond that of those 3 years, 1 legitimately good season where they put in the work to get into the playoffs, 1 very lucky season for a team that was mediocre if not worse until the Salvation Army started gifting (actually Rex took a 9-7 team and turned them into at best a legit 8-8 one and that's with defensive upgrades!)and 1 outright mediocre season where again the team couldn't take care of business when they needed to to reach the next level, but there was no charitable benefactor in sight was just that!

To depict this span as "elite" is as credible as labeling Sparano as one of the HC GOATs because one year he (seemingly) orchestrated the greatest turn-around in the history of the NFL. Same difference.

Oh, you're saying I guess, that Moore was as responsible (w/o TC reps) for the SD loss as Sanchez was in "leading" the jest to a bogus PO "win" against SD, with his 12-12, 101 yds1 Int, 60QBR eh? Parsing again; If you want to start attributing that loss to a stale Moore, please, for your own credibility, or what's left of it around here, cease and desist ever again claiming that Sanchez led the jest to 4 PO wins.

301q040-1.jpg

haha, Vaark talking about excuses. Now THAT'S funny(as usual when it is unintentional).

are you comparing a week 4 game for a vet QB to a div rd playoff game on the road for a rookie QB?

Moore came into that game when it was ZERO-ZERO and took over at midfield. How was it Henne's fault that they lost?

Sanchez converted 3 HUGE 3rd downs including a 3rd and goal where he bought time w/ his legs and made a great throw on the run to give the Jets their first lead.

but yeah, the 2 games were the same and the QBs were similar:lol:

Will it make your tummy feel better if we call the Super Bowl-less for 42 years Jets elite? Will you be able to walk the streets of your town proud knowing strangers share your same views of your team?

The Giants are elite with 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. The Jets have been to one in their entire existence. This is the difference for 40+ years as well as the last 3 and 5.

Will it make your tummy feel better if we call the Super Bowl-less for 42 years Jets elite? Will you be able to walk the streets of your town proud knowing strangers share your same views of your team?

The Giants are elite with 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. The Jets have been to one in their entire existence. This is the difference for 40+ years as well as the last 3 and 5.

I love when you get flustered and start acting like a little kid and I love your 75 definitions of elite to adjust to your misguided opinions.

The Dolphins haven't been relevant since the late 90s/early 2000s if ever. I'm not going to argue about that. That still has no affect on the Jets continuing to not be elite.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I love when you get flustered and start acting like a little kid and I love your 75 definitions of elite to adjust to your misguided opinions.

No flustering here. Jets aren't elite. Giants are. So sad

Back
Top Bottom