Clean House !! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clean House !!

Three moves this team can make in the next two years that would be very helpful are 1) signing Kirk Cousins, 2) trading Tannehill for picks, and 3) releasing or trading Suh.

And those are in addition to ridding the team of all the higher-salaried players who obviously aren't earning their paychecks (Thomas, Pouncey, Timmons).

This team needs a reset in the department of salary structure, where the highest-paid player is clearly the QB (Cousins), and the high salaries start to address the positions that most strongly influence the game. The team's far and away highest-paid player shouldn't be a defensive tackle.

Brilliant. Kirk Cousins is the answer to all this teams woes. :laugh

Do you really think the loss to New England is what has most fans fed up? It's the fact that this franchise is light years away from being a Super Bowl contender, and unbelievably, looks to be headed in the wrong direction. Nearly twenty years of being a fan of an irrelevant football team will do that to a fan.

The thread was created after today game and specifically in reference today's game. Thus my response is in response to the thread topic. If you want to talk about what you're referencing then start a new thread and I'll be happy to provide my thoughts. :-)

lol you may have something personal against tbaum I don’t know. While he wouldn’t have been my choice for vp he hasn’t been horrible with us. I mean, I get it we’re on a losing streak but let’s not be a prisoner of the moment

Unfortunately you are wrong. He has been horrible, he is horrible, and he will be horrible.

Do you really think the loss to New England is what has most fans fed up? It's the fact that this franchise is light years away from being a Super Bowl contender, and unbelievably, looks to be headed in the wrong direction. Nearly twenty years of being a fan of an irrelevant football team will do that to a fan.
I think you’re being short sighted in saying we’re “light years away from being a SB contender.” With a good draft we can be a SB contender in 12 months

No because Tannebaum was in charge and still is
Tannenbaum took over 2 years ago. That was the start of cleaning house. Last year, tbaum brought in his hand picked coach and gm. We are literally 2 drafts into this and there are a ton of players left from the old regime.

We have not completely cleaned out since Parcells. That didn't turn out well, but I believe only because of the wrong choice of franchise QB, Henne. When Tannenbaum came on, Grier was here. I have been saying for a few years that the whole things needs to clean out. Obviously our scouts suck. How long have they been there. Clean out and bring in a known winner. I don't necessarily mean Gase may not turn into a good coach, but you have to give the new guy the opportunity to bring in whoever he wants.
Actually Henne was playing very well until Sparano and company put the handcuffs on him. 2 runs and a cloud of dust, then on 3rd and 12 ask him to make a olay with Heath Schuler running a 2 man route with Fasano. Coaching...

I think you’re being short sighted in saying we’re “light years away from being a SB contender.” With a good draft we can be a SB contender in 12 months

Unfortunately, Miami's front office has the same mindset you have. If you believe that this team is only one draft away from being competitive with New England, you are as delusional as Mike Tannenbaum.

keep hearing Gase say Pouncey's his first-best answer at lineman... speaks volumes about how horribly he identifies ability. a guy with now hips is his favorite lineman.

That right there is a major problem. Gase has shown that he cannot evaluate talent. With that and his play calling, game Management and lack of preparation.... Gase isn’t HC material. College OC mater
Many of you have become so complacent with Dolphins losing, you don't even realize what a winning organization looks like.

You have become entrenched in the dogma of Miami's decision making that you have no idea of the enormity of it's failure.

Winning teams don't quit when their QB goes down. They keep fighting. See Minnesota. See New England when Brady has gone down.

If you truly believe our season was lost when Tannehill went down, they why are we paying Suh more than RT? Think about that. Let that sink in. Now, justify Suh's contract. Starting to understand how many bad decisions we've made? Starting to understand how inevitably flawed our team design truly is?

For how many years have we needed OG's? Yet we ignore them. Now look at Dallas. They were willing to let Romo walk. Drafted two Rookies to play behind that line and look what happened. Now the line is having injuries and issues. Forget Zeke, it's the OL that is the key to their success.

When will we learn?

When will we stop hiring people who are hell bent on ignoring well established team designs? When will we finally return to the NFL basics for winning? Run the ball and stop the run. That's where it all starts.

I get so tired of spending money on CBs, WRs and looking at Suh's elephant contact. Hearing every fan excuse Suh because he is a "generational" talent; a HOFer.

How many games has Suh won?

Stop being afraid of getting rid of the reasons we are failing.

Blow it up. Fire everyone. Cut Suh. Let Landry walk. Don't make another Suh mistake by signing Landry to big money.

Cut or trade every high priced player. Stop trading up or trading away picks. Accumulate picks. Build through the draft. Run the ball. Stop the run. Build from the inside out. Commit to the OL. Commit to the LBers. Get those high energy players on D. Remember Zach? JT? Those guys had heart and desire. They didn't walk around the building like Queens demanding special treatment. First guys here, last guys to leave.

We've lost our way. Paying money to compensate for coaching and the inability to draft points all fingers to the coaches and FO. Stop allowing the FO to spend money to cover their mistakes. Stop allowing coaches to trade/cut players to cover their inabilities.

Make everyone accountable. You cut a player, then who's responsible for acquiring him? Their job is in jeopardy too.

Most of this crap is easy guys. We've been made to believe the blame game. No one takes accountability. No one knows how to build a football team.

So get rid of ALL OF THEM.

In managing people, when you start the conversation with "it can't be this person" you've already undermined your entire effort. You will perpetuate the problem. Because that mentality, that "this person" IS the reason you are failing. You can't evaluate the entire problem because you've not allowed yourself to look at the problem. You've chosen an outcome without first identifying the true problem.

Yes! I agree with all of that! I wish Ross would hire me to just fire people. I would fire EVERYONE.

Unfortunately, Miami's front office has the same mindset you have. If you believe that this team is only one draft away from being competitive with New England, you are as delusional as Mike Tannenbaum.
David Patten, Christian Fauria, Atwuan Smith...these were the weapons of the super bowl Patriots. You win with the players on your roster. Tired of coaches needing "their guys" to win. There's talent here that is better than is being presented on game play.

Entire front office and coaching staff should be fired. Retain not a single idiot. Then spend that top 5 pick on a QB.

But.... Won't happen. They'll blame the entire season on RT's injury and get another shot at failure. We'll waste the high pick too.

Right now Miami would draft in the 7-10 range based on record. Rosen and Allen will be gone along with Darnold. Totally worth Miami adding in next years 1st round pick as well to get a top-notch QB. Also wouldn't mind Miami taking Mayfield if they decide to go that route.

This franchise needs a new start with a fresh face to represent the franchise. Going back to Tannehill would be an insult to Dolphin fans.

Buddy, step off the ledge. We were 10-6 last year and made the playoffs. Our qb missed all of this season and we’ve had a ton of injuries. We were in the thick of the wildcard race until 7 days ago. If we draft 2 pro bowl caliber players in the draft, and stay relatively healthy next year, we can absolutely be a top 4 team in the conference. Look at the saints. After almost a decade of mediocrity, they did just that and voila! They are a top 4 team in the conference. Now I already know that you are going to say that our front office isn’t capable of drafting quality players but I need you to understand that the draft has a lot to do with luck and opportunity. Believe it or not, mike tannenbaum knows far more about building a successful football team than you or I do.

The ONLY way Ross is going to get the message that fans are pissed is not show up at games. When he sees zero Dolphin fans at Hard Rock Stadium he will get the message loud and clear.

We talk about rebuilding (as do I) but you guys sure Gase hasn't quietly started doing that already?

Back
Top Bottom